PDA

View Full Version : advice on my broken racquet

InuYasha17
04-28-2005, 02:08 PM
hey there...i have a i.prestige mid and there is a crack on both sides at 12 o clock and i was wondering if this is going to be a dramatic change on how this racquet will play. i think it plays alright now but im assuming my racquet will die soon. also when that happens any opinions on the lm prestige? or get the trusty i.prestige? possibly wait for a flex point prestige? thanks for all input

Gaines Hillix
04-28-2005, 03:00 PM
If you can bang the racquet against the heel of your hand while holding it at the throat with the other hand without it noticeably buzzing or vibrating keep playing with it, but if it starts buzzing it will probably drive you crazy and then it's time to retire it.

InuYasha17
04-28-2005, 03:18 PM
thank you for your help

Zeta
04-28-2005, 04:02 PM
Or you could smash your racket, and feel like Safin for 1 day. :D

darkhorse
04-28-2005, 04:08 PM
Actually, you should send it to HEAD. They are really good about replacing broken racquets apparently. I recently broke an i.Radical, and I sent it in. I guess if you send in an intelligence racquet, they'll send you a liquidmetal. They may not replace it, but it's worth shot.

Thomas
04-28-2005, 04:54 PM
Head is great about replacing stuff, it takes a while though. Those intelligence Radicals break like crazy; I've broken two in 6 months, and it wasn't my fault. I've switched to the nCode though; n6-1 95!

InuYasha17
04-28-2005, 07:05 PM
but isnt the warrenty only for 1 year? or should i just send it in anyways? and i do send it in to what address?

Steve Huff
04-28-2005, 11:02 PM
Call them first. They usually give you a "Return Authorization Number". Then send it if you didn't have anything to do with breaking it (ie. abuse, etc). If they won't take it, play with it until it breaks. Then, put it in your bag. Everytime you feel like throwing your racket, go to the bag, pull out the already broken one, and throw that one.

hummer23
04-29-2005, 07:44 PM
steve, i did that once. i had a realyl nice babolat pure drive zylon that i really loved. was a great frame, it wa s avery sad day when it crack when i went for a low volley. after that, (when the tears stoped) i was playing match with another frame and then i puleld this out and played a point with it, which i lost, so i chucked it hard as i could. i did indeed feel like safin. graphite splinters were everywhere. almost worth the 189$. almost.

montx
04-29-2005, 09:46 PM
I had no idea head replace damaged frames!!!

pchoi04
04-30-2005, 04:24 PM
I've heard prince and head are good about replacing racquet but I heard babolat is the worst.

TennisD
04-30-2005, 04:29 PM
If the warranty is over, smash it to hell and throw it out. I broke a racquet on a serve once, and there was a huge crack. It was actually unplayable. I save it for a day when I need to demolish one...