PDA

View Full Version : most spin

tennisss
02-03-2010, 02:44 PM
hey guys can someone direct me to a link with a string that will give me the most spin for at most $60 thanks alot!

tennisss
02-03-2010, 03:47 PM
hey guys i think im gonna get the head speed pro i just need help on the strings, i want something for maximum spin any suggestions?

Andyroddickfan
02-03-2010, 04:19 PM
i found that black code has sweet spin, nice soft feel i found also. String it a little tighter though, because i found that it was powerful.

armsty
02-03-2010, 04:22 PM
$60 a reel or $60 a set? Poly? Multi? Gut?

tennisss
02-03-2010, 05:20 PM
im flexible on the cost and material whatever you guys reccomend. any head string that is good?

Steezmuffin
02-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Swing really hard with as western as a grip you can handle. There is your spin.

tennisss
02-03-2010, 09:34 PM
lol thanks for the tip but any suggestions on the string for max spin and what tension?

Carlito
02-03-2010, 09:46 PM
black code. pro hurricane tour. alu rough. blue gear. Basically any poly w/ texture.

for nylon strings, nothing is rougher than gamma ruff. Also gamma asterisk.

But try a hybrid with a thin poly and use a textured cross like prince topspin or gamma ruff.

For example black code w gamma ruff crosses

tennisss
02-03-2010, 09:56 PM
thank you very much thats what i needed and 57lbs good?q

Carlito
02-03-2010, 10:09 PM
thank you very much thats what i needed and 57lbs good?q

depends on what you are comfortable with and the racket. The lower the tension, the more spin you can get but only if you can keep the ball from sailing on you. Personally I string pretty tight 60/63. But I know people that string in the 40s.

tennisss
02-04-2010, 12:07 AM
what do you mean if you can keep the ball from sailling on you?

Carlito
02-04-2010, 09:53 AM
what do you mean if you can keep the ball from sailling on you?

For me, if the strings are too loose the ball tends to fly long. Especially on the backhand slice or if I don't get enough topspin on the ball. Some one advised me that you should string as loose as you can but still be comfortable controling the ball.

alidisperanza
02-04-2010, 10:09 AM
black code. pro hurricane tour. alu rough. blue gear. Basically any poly w/ texture.

for nylon strings, nothing is rougher than gamma ruff. Also gamma asterisk.

But try a hybrid with a thin poly and use a textured cross like prince topspin or gamma ruff.

For example black code w gamma ruff crosses

Actually, It was recently proven by some tennis association (forgot which) that smooth strings will give you better spin potential than rough strings. Spin comes from sliding of the strings as opposed to the "gripping" of the ball.

alidisperanza
02-04-2010, 10:13 AM
There's an article floating around about it on the forums.

Back to the OP,

You may want to look into some polys.

Popular choices in order of price would be
Alu power/rough
Signum tornado
Weisscannon Silverstring
Cyberflash
Cyberblue
Big Ace

Personally I like hybriding-- Gut is one of my favorites for a cross. Gamma Ruff is a decent choice as well.

Carlito
02-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Actually, It was recently proven by some tennis association (forgot which) that smooth strings will give you better spin potential than rough strings. Spin comes from sliding of the strings as opposed to the "gripping" of the ball.

I have heard that as well and I sort of buy into it. When I play with gamma tnt I feel like I get a lot of spin because the strings move so much. But I think it is because the string bed opens up more as the strings move and provide more ball pocketing. Then the string breaks in less than a 3 hours.

I dont think it is the slipperyness of the string per se that does it. Its the amount they will move on contact. If the string moves on contact, it feels like it lets the ball stay on the strings a tad longer, hence more spin potential. I guess a rough string like prince top spin, can move alot too. Polys dont move though but there is something about them that lets you hit more spin.

tennisss
02-04-2010, 11:05 AM
i figured ill go with the gamma rough http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Gamma_Zo_Tour_Rough_16_String/descpageACGAMMA-GZTR16.html
what do you think?

Carlito
02-04-2010, 11:11 AM
i figured ill go with the gamma rough http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Gamma_Zo_Tour_Rough_16_String/descpageACGAMMA-GZTR16.html
what do you think?

looks good

try this as a cross
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Gamma_Ruff_String/descpageACGAMMA-RUFF.html

Your stringer will hate you for it but nothing gives more bite.

alidisperanza
02-07-2010, 07:15 PM
Freaking hate stringing rough....

skyzoo
02-07-2010, 07:38 PM
good ole gamma rough

tenis
02-08-2010, 08:16 PM
Work more on your technique - THERE is your spin!!!