PDA

View Full Version : NXT Tour 17 or Technifibre X-1 Biphase

dcsrour
02-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Compare please...which is the better multi?

ClubHoUno
02-03-2010, 08:26 PM
I prefer X-One, but NXT TOUR IS CLOSE.

But both are beaten by NRG2 & XCEL POWER in my view.

parasailing
02-20-2010, 08:15 PM
I prefer X-One, but NXT TOUR IS CLOSE.

But both are beaten by NRG2 & XCEL POWER in my view.

ClubHoUno - I actually like X-one better than Xcel Power. They both are good strings but to me, X-one feels more crisp.

ClubHoUno
02-20-2010, 09:14 PM
ClubHoUno - I actually like X-one better than Xcel Power. They both are good strings but to me, X-one feels more crisp.

Yeahh...X-One is great for the first 2 hours, then it turns into a rocket Launcher :)

But I've dumped all the multis and now only play with the best - Babolat VS Team 17 natty gut :D

parasailing
02-20-2010, 09:30 PM
Yeahh...X-One is great for the first 2 hours, then it turns into a rocket Launcher :)

But I've dumped all the multis and now only play with the best - Babolat VS Team 17 natty gut :D

I wish I had the luxury of playing with that one:(.

TennisNinja
02-20-2010, 10:43 PM
Personally I like NXT better.

KenC
02-20-2010, 11:29 PM

Hey Club, so you abandoned the XCel Power? Oh, by the way, are you still hitting with the PSLGTs? I see in your sig you are using the BLX95s now.

For the OP, there are rumors that NXT is made by Tecnifibre for Wilson, and that NXT really is almost same string as NRG2. X-One is in a class by itself and you either love it or hate it, or can't afford it.

86golf
02-21-2010, 06:20 AM
For the OP, there are rumors that NXT is made by Tecnifibre for Wilson, and that NXT really is almost same string as NRG2. X-One is in a class by itself and you either love it or hate it, or can't afford it.

I buy into this. They feel very similar to me (NRG/NXT) and I like X-one better but it lasts half as long and starts shredding after a few sets. X-one is also a pain to string if you have tight grommets.

ClubHoUno
02-21-2010, 12:13 PM
I wish I had the luxury of playing with that one:(.

VS Team natty gut may be twice the price of Prime Multis, but it lasts more than twice as long, so can't really see how you find it expensive compared to Primer Multis :confused:

I ONLY used Prime Multis because I sometimes played in the rain and also have to water the red clay courts when its very hot, but now I just use my oldest natty gut setups and use them in the rain instead.

No more Prime Multis for me - VS Team natty gut all the way :twisted:

ClubHoUno
02-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Hey Club, so you abandoned the XCel Power? Oh, by the way, are you still hitting with the PSLGTs? I see in your sig you are using the BLX95s now.

Yes, now that I play with 6 or 8 racquets and string 2 up each month, I can use the 2 racquets with the oldest strings for 'rain tennis' and when I play after having to water the red clay courts during the summer.

I only used Multis for wet weather play and because I experimented with poly mains and Prime Multi crosses. Not so any more. Copolys are for the crosses, not for the mains, if you ask me ;)

I found my holy grail:

Babolat VS Team Natty Gut mains and Luxilon TIMO 122 Copoly crosses :D

I sold the 3 PS GT Limited I had. Nice honey moon, but they needed to be leaded up quite a bit for me, to be playable - and frankly I found the Wilson BLX 95 18x20 to be superior in almost all categories, so sold the Limited GT fast, as soon as I tested the BLX's.

At the net the PS GT Limited is better than the BLX 18x20, but I'm an all courter, not a 'serve & volleyer', so took a quick decision :)
I sometimes do Serve & Volley, but the Lmited GT is more for the pure S&V'er in my view.

Ookie Cookie
02-21-2010, 01:03 PM
NXT for me was more of a watered down version of X-1

X-1 all the way

Ivan Lendl's Backhand
02-22-2010, 02:55 PM
In a hybrid, I prefer the NXT because of its more passive characteristics, compared to the livelier / springier characteristics of the X-1 which can dominate the characteristics of a softer poly.

In a hybrid, I prefer the characteristics of the poly to come to the fore a bit more than those of the multi.

jbrennan929
02-28-2010, 09:55 PM
NXT is the exact same string as NRG and X-One is the exact same string as K-Gut. Same factory. Same assembly. Same stuff. All the above mentioned are the best (soft) strings available today next to VS or Tonic. Word is to the *****.