PDA

View Full Version : Beginner Stringin Question

tennis_pr0
02-03-2010, 08:21 PM
I am using a 6 point mounting machine. On the crosses, some of the mounts get in the way of the cross string gromments, is it ok to move a mount for that cross string so I can string it through?

Also, I was stringing with a poly today, and the string seemed to bend up a lot. Can that damage the string?

Last, the last main string and cross string where I tie the knot (one piece string job), should I increase the tension on that last string a bit to account for the slight tension loss after tying the knot?

Steezmuffin
02-03-2010, 08:57 PM
If you can mount the racquet avoiding the grommets that would be ideal. I string on a star 5 and do not have this problem. Second, What do you mean by bend? Slight bending should not hurt the string. Last, there is no need to increase tension as the last main will always feel loose no matter what. On the last cross I just pull it twice and that seems to help it out. You can increase if you want but it is not really necessary. If you tie off correctly you will minimize a lot of tension loss.

tennis_pr0
02-03-2010, 08:59 PM
So you pull tension, clamp, then pull tension again?

Steezmuffin
02-03-2010, 09:02 PM
No, I just pull tension release, and pull again. There is no need to clamp then unclamp. You can't repull if the string is clamped.