PDA

View Full Version : ProKennex Graphite Dominator

atomicbluecivic
02-03-2010, 07:52 PM
I just picked this up on that bay. I got a pair for a steal. The ProKennex Graphite Dominator.

Looks like an exact mold of the St. vincent Prostaffs w/o the PWS logo. Same shape head with the 16x18 string pattern. The headsize is the SV size, not the PS 6.0 85 labelled Prostaffs. The St. vincents were around 87-88sq imho. I had a pair along with the PS 6.085. The newer Prostaffs were smaller, and thinner.

The cosmetics of my Graphite dominator are even like the PS. It has the Pin striping of the prostaff, the question mark pattern of the yellow and red: Goes from one side to the yoke of the other. However, this one is red and white. With the base metallic teal instead of black.

Play-wise. Has the plow-thru of the SV Prostaff, but a little flexier. It feels like the SV Prostaff with the flex of the latest 6.0 PS 85. I didn't like the SV after the 6.0, the SV felt too stiff. I'm gonna play some matches with the Graphite Dominator to test it some more.

jimanuel12
02-04-2010, 05:44 AM
I just picked this up on that bay. I got a pair for a steal. The ProKennex Graphite Dominator.

Looks like an exact mold of the St. vincent Prostaffs w/o the PWS logo. Same shape head with the 16x18 string pattern. The headsize is the SV size, not the PS 6.0 85 labelled Prostaffs. The St. vincents were around 87-88sq imho. I had a pair along with the PS 6.085. The newer Prostaffs were smaller, and thinner.

The cosmetics of my Graphite dominator are even like the PS. It has the Pin striping of the prostaff, the question mark pattern of the yellow and red: Goes from one side to the yoke of the other. However, this one is red and white. With the base metallic teal instead of black.

Play-wise. Has the plow-thru of the SV Prostaff, but a little flexier. It feels like the SV Prostaff with the flex of the latest 6.0 PS 85. I didn't like the SV after the 6.0, the SV felt too stiff. I'm gonna play some matches with the Graphite Dominator to test it some more.

i picked one up at a flea market for $4.50 and i replaced the grip, it was in 9/10 condition.
what a steal!!!!