PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try Volkl Tour 6 Gen II?

milkayz
04-28-2005, 04:55 PM
Please, I would like to know your opinion about this racket. Thanks.

Morpheus
04-28-2005, 06:04 PM
It plays as one would expect given its specs. Very light, very unstable, very unsatisfying feel, despite the 61 flex and fiberglass layup. Kinda harsh and unforgiving. But, then again, I usually play with heavier, flexier sticks, so my point of reference may not be helpful.

gotwheels
04-28-2005, 06:29 PM
bobdstrategy did a nice review of this racquet on another thread, but I cannot remember which thread/catagory. He really likes the racquet. Try a search for more info.

milkayz
04-29-2005, 06:38 AM
Thank you guys for you help. I thought may be good racquet for my wife according to the racquet weight and flex. She is 3.5-4.0, over 60 plays steady and does not hit ball so hard. Milkayz

bobdstrategy
04-29-2005, 07:46 AM
Hey Milkyaz, I am still lovin my Tour 6 Gen II. Thanks to NoBadMoJo I started thinking I might need to get a lower swingweight racquet and wow was he ever right. Here's what I wrote in that thread that Gotwheels mentioned (very good recall there Gotwheels, my compliments!):

One thing that has made a huge difference for me is getting a little lower swingweight. And I owe that one totally to NMBJ, I should probably send him a check for that tip as it has really improved my overall game as I am hitting the sweetspot much more consistently. I was hitting it pretty good before but with dropping down a little on the swingweight I just almost can't miss hitting the sweet spot and of course hitting the sweet spot really takes the stress of everything, especially the elbow. And, I found an incredibly comfortable racquet with the right swingweight for me in the Volkl Tour 6 Gen II that to me has a huge sweet spot too. And by the way, that one was NOT recommended by NBMJ, it came to me from a friend who was demoing it at the same time I was demoing the Slaz. And from the first hit with the Tour 6...well I am really not an impulsive kind of guy but I odered the racquet the next day and I'm lovin it even more after the honeymoon...that was over a month ago. If I hadn't "lucked into" the Tour 6, I would have ordered the Slaz and used most or all of the set-up elements I mentioned above. So as MoJo might say, you might consider swingweight as an important factor in determining which racquet is right for you, and your elbow.

It might be a great racquet for your wife as it has such a large sweetspot and is very easy to swing. I use a long worm dampener and a shock overgrip too so that probably helps make the racquet feel so comfortable to me. But I think the biggest thing on the comfort factor for me is I just can't seem to miss the sweetspot with it. I am still amazed by that.

If I can be of any further help on this let me know and good luck with finding a racquet your wife will love.

Morpheus
04-29-2005, 08:00 AM
Thank you guys for you help. I thought may be good racquet for my wife according to the racquet weight and flex. She is 3.5-4.0, over 60 plays steady and does not hit ball so hard. Milkayz

I thought the same thing--that's why I had the demo. Interestingly enough, she decided she liked the PK Ki 15 PSE out of all the rackets I showed her. The 15 is 11.5 oz and really powerful. She doesn't take a big swing and needs to let the racket do the work. The PK does that for her.

NoBadMojo
04-29-2005, 08:25 AM
Bob no problem sending me a check, and I also accept PayPal...seriously, altho i get paid well when i teach, i like helping people when they are appreciative like you. thanks for the nice words which more than make up for the words in the other thread about headsizes. Ed

bobdstrategy
04-29-2005, 01:39 PM
Hey Ed, just let me know your address, also I want to send a picture of the 3 9 year old girls I am teaching, wow are they ever nailing that ball...and the have nice nails too...those girls are so feminine at that age! But most importantly they are just great kids. I used some of your tips of course in my teaching too, as well as some of Mahboob's, so they also have you to thank as well my friend.

milkayz
05-01-2005, 12:09 PM
Hi Bob, thanks for your comments on Volkl Tour 6 Gen II. It helps me lot. We should have our TW Demo by Tuesday. I like soft and solid racquets like C10 Pro, I play with. When I noted Tour 6 G2 specs, I saw a great potential for my wife doubles game. Volkl's great idea for players who prefer a slightly lighter racquets (over 10.5 oz.) to get a bennefit of the racquet flex, controling the ball a little bit longer for a greater accuracy.
Thanks again, Milano (Milkayz)

bobdstrategy
05-02-2005, 09:34 AM
You're welcome Milano, I hope the demo goes well. Please let us know how it goes, I am wondering if I am the only one who loves that racquet!