View Full Version : Little girl who cost Becker £20m

Marius_Hancu
04-28-2005, 06:13 PM
Little girl who cost Becker £20m
by Roger Boyes
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-1586654,00.html

Datacipher
04-28-2005, 06:53 PM
The resemblance to Boris when he was young is incredible, if image was not altered.

Marius_Hancu
04-28-2005, 06:55 PM
The resemblance to Boris when he was young is incredible

Yes, indeed ...

BreakPoint
04-28-2005, 07:18 PM
Man, that's like US$40 million! That, plus the US$22 million to his ex-wife and US$40K per month plus a house in the U.S. for his divorce settlement, and a house in London for his ex-lover! How much is Becker worth anyway? I mean how much money did he make playing tennis? It's not like he has anywhere near as many Grand Slam titles as Sampras does. How much did he make in endorsements? These numbers make it sound like he's one of the richest people in Europe.

Datacipher
04-28-2005, 07:27 PM
Becker made HUGE money in endorsements, particularly in Europe. Don't know what his ventures have been after tennis, though he owned a Mercedes? dealership at one point.

driger
04-28-2005, 07:30 PM
yep, and boris said the whole fling only lasted a few seconds.

scoot
04-28-2005, 08:12 PM
Is this little girl the spawn of the infamous broom closet incident? :confused:

BreakPoint
04-28-2005, 08:22 PM
Is this little girl the spawn of the infamous broom closet incident? :confused:

Sure sounds like it. Man, no quickie is worth $40 million IMHO. Not even if it was Angelina Jolie!

Well, maybe Angelina. ;)

ragnaROK
04-28-2005, 08:50 PM
The title of the article makes it seem like Becker was wronged. He only has himself to blame for those losses.

Marius_Hancu
04-28-2005, 08:52 PM
That Russian girl certainly had great lawyers, better than Barbara, his former wife, it seems.

And those awards are crazy.

lefty10spro
04-28-2005, 08:57 PM
Boris owns a big chunk of Volkl does he not?

dennis1188
04-28-2005, 08:57 PM
Hmm....Bill Clinton, was a lawyer, so he knew better, to stay with smoking cigars.
It's certainly cheaper than $40m.

edge
04-28-2005, 09:43 PM
Boris is probably worth over $300 million after all those years of endorsements. He was hugh in Germany and probaly made over $10 mil a year for 15 years, compound that with long term investments.

Datacipher
04-28-2005, 10:32 PM
Yes, unless he's blown it somehow, should be quite wealthy. Even in the early days Tiriac used to brag about how much Boris was bringing in off the court.

christo
04-28-2005, 11:04 PM
Don't forget the money he had to cough up for being a tax dodger in Germany, he'll probably end up like Borg, broke. Should have gotten himself snipped BEFORE he stepped into the closet.

35ft6
04-29-2005, 04:56 AM
Boris is probably worth over $300 million after all those years of endorsements. He was hugh in Germany and probaly made over $10 mil a year for 15 years, compound that with long term investments. I seriously doubt he's worth that much. It's not as simple as saying he made x amount of dollars for y years, plus z in interest. He had to pay his manager(s), agents, lawyers, and taxes (I think he claims Switzerland as his residence for tax reasons...). I've read Agassi's estimated fortune to be in the $150 million range, and this is the guy who's "made" over 200 million in the past two decades on endorsements alone. Throw in prize winnings and appearance fees, and one could easily be under the impression that he could be worth 400 million or so. But way too high. Then again, the rich are different from us. Who knows if he's hiding much of his assets.

I think I may have read an article recently about Boris' money "problems." Who knows. Do you guys remember that Boris claimed in court that the model must have gotten his sperm through oral sex, because they didn't perform intercourse?

THE ANIMAL
04-29-2005, 06:01 AM
He Nobed here in Nobu then she Nobed him for his money. Allot of Nobing wasnt it.

Roforot
04-29-2005, 07:46 AM
Wow, what a strange German justice? The wife gets $12m; the 5minute affair gets $20m? I thought they were more forgiving about mistresses and affairs in europe?
I've seem rumors in mags that Becker's not doing quite as well... for one he's come down to playing on a sr. tour... also he still lives a luxorious life... I saw an exhibition on TV; he didn't look good; his hair was dyed blond or white; and w/ his pale skin, the bags under the eyes, he looked like a ghost. Anyway, can't feel sorry for Becker, he's lived his life the way he wanted.

Roforot
04-29-2005, 07:47 AM
Oh, and here's the website to the restaurant

http://www.noburestaurants.com/

They neglected to mention the broom closet in any of there press releases.

Jet Rink
04-29-2005, 07:49 AM
All that money aside, what a sad, sad story.

:(

Jet

Craig Sheppard
04-29-2005, 07:56 AM
I read that article... I think they were trying to say that the whole affair cost Becker £20m, meaning he probably wouldn't have gotten divorced and had to pay the £15m to his wife, wouldn't have had to buy the house in the US for Ermakova and her £20k/mo support payments. So the few seconds in the broom closet set in motion a series of events that ended up costing him £20m. Just my take...

Marius_Hancu
04-29-2005, 08:13 AM
I read that article... I think they were trying to say that the whole affair cost Becker £20m, meaning he probably wouldn't have gotten divorced and had to pay the £15m to his wife, wouldn't have had to buy the house in the US for Ermakova and her £20k/mo support payments. So the few seconds in the broom closet set in motion a series of events that ended up costing him £20m. Just my take...

Indeed the article isn't too clear. They're saying:
-------

The incident cost Herr Becker, who denied his paternity for a year, about £20 million. His divorce settlement to Barbara was estimated at £12 million, together with maintenance of about £20,000 a month and a home in the United States.
--------

thus your reading might be correct.

However, I think I remember his divorce started much earlier. Not sure when it finalized.

lagranwilly
04-29-2005, 04:54 PM
Red Becker may be in Red numbers

tom-selleck
04-29-2005, 05:36 PM

craig, you win the reading comprehension contest....i was wondering why he paid this woman 20M pounds.... something else probably would have triggered it eventually, although i suppose "broom closet" incidents don't look so good in divorce court.

paulfreda
04-29-2005, 09:08 PM
I doubt Boris will ever be broke. It would surprise me for sure.
And Bjorn can always make money with his name.
Don't thing any collections will be necessary for him.
Now Roscoe Tanner might be another story. He is working his way back
right now I have heard. Wish him luck.

Haka Boy
04-29-2005, 09:30 PM
If the original article posted is correct, I can’t help but think what a shallow degenerate excuse for a man he is............. after a 2 hour long argument with his seven months pregnant wife that only ended when she felt the onset of labor pains, she went to the hospital while he decided to go the Nobu. Whilst there ‘thinking only of his pregnant wife in premature labor back at the hospital’ this woman walked past him twice so he decided to go nooky nooky with her while she was on her way to the toilet.

Oh please, he got what he deserved only trouble is Barbara his wife deserved the lot instead of his chosen tart for the night. I do feel for the little 5 year old, an innocent victim in their parents’ selfish whims and apparently he is a national icon in Germany???

And for a lighter note….To think of the money they have wasted in the pursuit of cloning…. they should be investigating Becker’s genes for some answers.

federer_nadal
04-30-2005, 09:53 PM
He owns volkl and that is a major sporting company in which he will still be getting easy money

obackvalobasha
04-30-2005, 10:18 PM
she had sex with him, he didnt **** her. that means its both of their fault but guess who had to pay boris. what a unfare world we are living in godamn. i am never getting married.

Bertchel Banks
05-01-2005, 01:26 PM
That Russian girl certainly had great lawyers, better than Barbara, his former wife, it seems.

Russian? I thought the same thing... Here's tot with mom.

http://banab.fanspace.com/frills/misc/lil'becker.jpg

Marius_Hancu
05-01-2005, 04:07 PM

http://banab.fanspace.com/lil'becker.jpg

... OK, her name is Ermakova ... it seems ...

gugafanatic
05-01-2005, 04:11 PM
Hes also part of the wimbledon commentry team.

norcal
05-02-2005, 02:47 PM

http://banab.fanspace.com/frills/misc/lil'becker.jpg Boris has some seriously overpowering DNA!