PDA

View Full Version : Using Fittex Individual Grommets?

H. Ju
02-04-2010, 03:03 PM
I gave up looking for m-fil 200 plus grommet.
Does anyone know how Fittex Individual Grommet work?
Is it hard to install and how do I install it?
thanks

H. Ju
02-05-2010, 09:31 AM
ANYONE... nobody....

Standupnfall
02-05-2010, 11:08 AM
push the broken grommet out a little bit with an awl from the inside just enough so you can cut it where it attaches to the next grommet on each side.
The hard part will be making sure the grommet next to it doesnt pull out b/c you wont be able to get it back in. then just put the fittex in and your done

Dags
02-05-2010, 11:39 AM
There are two ways of using Fittex grommets.

1. Replacing a single grommet on an existing strip. First, you remove the broken grommet. You can either do this with a grommet grinder, or by pushing the broken grommet out of the hole and cutting it with snips. You then insert the fittex in its place. Whether you put it under or over the existing grommet strip largely depends where it is on the racquet and the design of the bumper guard. I usually insert it with the existing grommet still in place, but there have been a couple of times where this has not been practical and it would have interfered with the string.

An alternative to this method is to use tubing. YULitle made a video on this:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=YULitle#p/u/26/040W5r8F04w

2. If you can't find a replacement grommet set for your racquet, you can make a new one using fittex grommets. To do this, you get a Guardit bumper strip, punch your own holes to match your racquet, and then insert the fittex grommets. I've never actually done this, so can't comment on how easy or otherwise it is.