PDA

View Full Version : Looking to get started in the Dallas area.

kerxny
02-04-2010, 07:59 PM
I just wanted to start playing league tennis in Dallas. Can anyone recommend anything? I already have a USTA membership, or are there other alternatives? Comments are highly appreciated.

Oh, I'm a guy, self-rated at 3.0-3.5

blakesq
02-05-2010, 07:50 AM
You have to find other players. Go to local tennis clubs or tennis courts. Put your name up on the bulletin board saying you are seeking other players and/or leagues. If you got money, take a tennis clinic with others at your level, then you will get to know others. See if you can find a court where they have a "challenge court", where guys/gals show up, and play, and the winners stay on the court, and the losers have to rotate with the people waiting.

Good luck, its a great sport!

I just wanted to start playing league tennis in Dallas. Can anyone recommend anything? I already have a USTA membership, or are there other alternatives? Comments are highly appreciated.

Oh, I'm a guy, self-rated at 3.0-3.5

Renfrow
02-05-2010, 08:16 AM
Where in Dallas are you? Where do you play?

Lefty5
02-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Ultimate Tennis is a great league to play singles. Dynamic rating systems make it so you play a tight match almost every time you step on the court. I don't play in Dallas but I know they have it organized in your area.

MrCLEAN
02-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Yes, Ultimatetennis.com is a great way to meet lots of folks.