PDA

View Full Version : Making a 1/4 grip size to 3/4...

flippyhair
02-05-2010, 05:57 PM
i bought a kpro tour and it came in today.....and the seller gave me a 1/4 grip size instead of a 3/8 like advertised...so what can i do to make the 1/4 grip size bigger so it is a 3/8?

Deathsticks
02-05-2010, 06:13 PM
i would give bad reference/feedback

there isnt realy any other way to increase gripsize.
the only way to is to add layers of grip tape.

T1000
02-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Use a heat sleeve, they can be bought at TW or most pro shops have them. If you want to do it for free there isn't really a good way to do it, probably tape the handle multiple times with electric tape or use a lot of overgrips until it feels right.

Regarding the buying issue,
1. What was the grip sized advertised as (if it was shown at all)
2. Did you ask for confirmation of the grip size?

If neither was done then it really is your fault for buying blind imo but if you did both, then its his fault.

The_Question
02-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Use the Wax build up grip, it's easy and clean, it also adds up to 1 grip size...

Ripper014
02-05-2010, 11:02 PM
There is some medical tape I like to use to build up a handle... it is light weight almost like a plastic mesh. I found that two wraps made up for one size. You need to be careful though... with standard tape you can gain some weight in the handle... and by wrapping tape around the handle you can start to lose the edges (the grip will start feeling round). I do find that this is not as pronounced if you are using a leather grip.