PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in loyalty?

TennisVet
02-06-2010, 04:16 PM
Do you believe in loyalty between the brands of the rackets you use and the brands of your other equipment? I think it is not a good idea to limit one's point of view. Of course, using everything from the same brand brings a strong sense of pride and might affect your on-court performance, but I know not all of the best equipment come from the same brand.

Vyse
02-06-2010, 04:18 PM
I kind of do. I try to generally stick with Nike. I haven't learned all about strings yet so I am not to worried about that. I am also a fa of Babolat as I have a APDC so I support them. I dislike Adidas and never buy there stuff. I am open to other brands if there stuff is cool enough or a good price but its usually Nike all the way!

Bud
02-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Do you believe in loyalty between the brands of the rackets you use and the brands of your other equipment? I think it is not a good idea to limit one's point of view. Of course, using everything from the same brand brings a strong sense of pride and might affect your on-court performance, but I know not all of the best equipment come from the same brand.

Nope... use what works best.

tennis005
02-06-2010, 05:31 PM
When it comes to rackets, Im sorta loyal to Head, but will switch to any brand if I like the racket better. String, no loyalty's whatsoever.

Big_Dangerous
02-06-2010, 10:54 PM

Yeah I tend to be pretty loyal to Babolat, have a Roddick Pure Drive Plus and an APDC, plus PHT strings and a Babolat Team Line Bag, plus I love their Syntec and Pro Team Tacky grips.

The Pure Drive Plus I have was the first racket I've ever owned and basically kind of learned to play with it, so I'm pretty comfortable using it. I'm open to trying other rackets, and in fact I have tried a few but I prefer Babolat.

For Clothing, not a whole lot of loyalty, but then again my options are pretty slim. Since I wear a 3XL shirt, I can't wear much in the way of Nike and Adidas. I usually wear Reebok Tops and either Adidas or Reebok shorts. For shoes, since I have an extra wide foot, I only wear New Balance.

Icedorb217
02-07-2010, 09:18 AM
For me i have a somwhay loyalty to HEAD but im open to other brands as for string im kinda towards not a single company but i am biased towards going after new smaller companies genesis, pro supex

retlod
02-07-2010, 11:36 AM
Matching sticks and bag is cool, otherwise no loyalty.

Wes_Loves_Dunlop
02-07-2010, 11:54 AM
I have a volkl pb10 mid, and i am getting the black bag from volkl. Not using volkl stirngs, I like adidas clothes, but I wear some nike. Shoes are adidas. Socks are always nike

OHBH
02-07-2010, 11:55 AM
I use mostly Wilson rackets, but have a Dunlop bag. I'd be open to most brands but I don't ever see myself using a Head or Technifibre.

jwbarrientos
02-07-2010, 12:01 PM
I used to be loyal until Wilson's K Factor bag wasn't loyal in terms of quality.

athiker
02-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Loyalty to my wife?...yes...Loyalty to my family?...yes...Loyalty to friends?...yes...Loyalty to a brand?...not even close.

I've never seen Nike, Adidas, Reebok or any of the others keep track of what I buy from them and offer me discounts for being "loyal".

I pick what works for me, what fits me and what appeals to me at the time. Sometimes it works out that I'll buy a certain brand of shoe, such as Nike for example, that seems to work for me for several purchases in a row. But if it turns out when I'm shopping something else fits and feels better, I'll switch in a heartbeat (regardless of the brand of my socks, shirt, shorts, warm-ups and racket!). Between basketball, running, tennis and general cross-trainers I believe I have 5 different brands in my closet right now.

Of course if I use a brand and I am impressed with its performance and quality, then of course they will be high on my list to check out next time I'm shopping. I don't know if that is really loyalty though or just common sense.

I've bought all kinds of brands over the last 4 decades...never got a Christmas card or a dinner invite from any. :razz:

Diablo Rojo
02-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Loyalty to family - Yes
Loyalty to a brand of a company that has no loyalty to the community, country or planet and is building its product in China to take advantage of slave labor rates – No.

T1000
02-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Tecnifibre Racquet
Head Prestige Bag
Yonex Overgrip
New Balance Shoes
Luxilon Strings
Mix of Nike/Adidas/Under armor clothes

so no I don't

Tina
02-07-2010, 05:24 PM
Loyalty to family - Yes

I Agreed!!!

VamosSR
02-07-2010, 06:19 PM
I believe in brand loyalty.. If you find something you like, you want to support that brand so that they keep up the same quality and brand assurance that you admire. I mean, matching your frame and bag, & then your shirts, shorts, and shoes is definitely part of the equation too.. It just gives a more put-together look and helps your confidence on court.

doubless
02-07-2010, 06:23 PM
I dont believe in brand loyalty. Use what fits you and what you like. A big corporation isnt your friends, so no need to be loyal to a company that only wants your money.

Dino Lagaffe
02-07-2010, 06:34 PM
It's all about rationalizing... Mankind is lazy and it makes life easier to stick to one brand.

Larrysümmers
02-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Nah I have yonex racquets a big Wilson tour bag little 3 racquet head bag Nike bandanas underarmour head bands adidas wrist bands rebock shoes fruit to the loom socks and various t's and shorts. The only thing that is matched is my racquets.

Fetedawg
02-08-2010, 08:40 PM
I do try and stick to a particular brand if it has met me half way and shown me dedication to a solid product. Ultimately, I feel, you have to go with the best product. Competitiveness creates better options for us as comsumers as companies are forced to be better than the next potential substitute. One thing I find particularly hard to do with tennis equipment (similar to cars) is try and be loyal to American companies. So many of pieces (or entire finished products) are made outside of the US. This is of course fine and gives people jobs but I do like to see our (US) economy prosper, especially these days. I read on Unique Sports (Tourna Grip) site that they try and do most of their work here in the US, which I admire. Again, I do look down upon other countries in any way; I just like to see our own do well.

The_Question
02-09-2010, 01:10 PM
I used to be loyal until Wilson's K Factor bag wasn't loyal in terms of quality.

Hehe, our sad stories uh? :)

Meh, use whatever is cheap and suits my needs...

vwfye
02-09-2010, 01:31 PM
my purchases say NO, but my dufflebag says yes (currently). my biggest loyalty seems to be to era though. pretty much the 80s with 1 venture into the early 90s.

pfchang
02-15-2010, 09:30 AM
for rackets and my bag, i try to stay loyal but only because of the current racket i am using. Clothes, i have different brands, but i try to have a set uniform of each brand.

mctennis
02-15-2010, 09:55 AM
I'm brand loyal until they really mess up or come out with a lot of crummy products.

beernutz
02-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Show loyalty to a huge international corporation who couldn't care less about me? LOL, right.

JavierLW
02-15-2010, 10:19 AM

No because they dont have any loyalty toward you, yet YOUR the one paying THEM money.

If they give you a big sack of money then that's a different story.

BagelMe
02-19-2010, 08:24 AM

Wilson rackets all the way!

Sidd Finch
02-19-2010, 10:38 AM
No loyalty here whatsoever. I buy whatever works best and don't worry about what name is on the label. That said, I often use past experience as an indicator of which brands to look at first.

mtommer
02-19-2010, 11:23 AM
Loyalty is earned. Producing a good product that competes with other mfg's for your attention is not doing anything to earn one's loyalty. I use Dunlop sticks because I liked the price I bought them at and they're good quality sticks. I don't know anyone from Dunlop. They've done nothing for me where I need to have loyalty in the first place. If they actually took the time to develop a one on one relationship with me, then, well, it would probably be a different story.

walkman
02-19-2010, 11:28 AM
Misplaced loyalty, no. On the other hand I give Prince racquets preference when I try to get a new one. I tried switching to a well regarded Head racquet once and it seemed like I was never able to find the sweet spot on that racquet.

Likewise I stick with New Balance shoes because I know the toe box fits my foot.

Sidd Finch
02-19-2010, 11:35 AM
Misplaced loyalty, no. On the other hand I give Prince racquets preference when I try to get a new one. I tried switching to a well regarded Head racquet once and it seemed like I was never able to find the sweet spot on that racquet.

Likewise I stick with New Balance shoes because I know the toe box fits my foot.

New Balance is a good example of brand loyalty for just that reason ^^. For some reason their sneakers just fit right for me and I have used them for many years.

phishua
02-19-2010, 11:39 AM
Show loyalty to a huge international corporation who couldn't care less about me? LOL, right.

No joke! Anyways, as a consumer in a free-market capitalist system, I don't have to have loyalty. I let companies compete for my business.

Slazenger07
02-27-2010, 11:33 AM
Im very brand loyal. But Im sure you can tell that from my username....I also am loyal to Adidas.

With those two brands Im set.

Greek Goliath
02-27-2010, 11:47 AM
Nope, no brand loyalty. But, as stated above, I do use companies that I have had favorable experiences with in the past as starting points when I want to change my equipment.

Cheers,

Greek Goliath

Chezbeeno
02-27-2010, 06:00 PM
I have loyalty to Wilson racquets, bags, and grips (just because before now the best racquet I ever used was the K90 and now I love the Six One 95 BLX, I like having my bag and racquets match, and I love Pro Overgrips) however when it comes to apparel and shoes and stuff I don't really have any major loyalties, I'm a bit partial to Nike stuff but I'm not against Adidas, I'm probably gonna be getting some Babolat shoes soon which will further increase the diversity of my apparel and shoe collection

SirGounder
03-01-2010, 08:54 AM
No loyalty whatsoever.

Pioneer
03-01-2010, 09:02 AM
As far as clothing is concerned, I have a Nike outfit but I wear black shorts and a Uzbek Neft&Gaz t-shirt most of the time (what are these things made of? They are so comfortable!)

Pioneer
03-01-2010, 09:05 AM
But I won't let any imperialists sell me products made in sweatshop factories at huge prices

neverstopplaying
03-01-2010, 09:08 AM
No brand loyalty with me - whatever works best at the time. As a result, I have many, many brands of racquets, strings, shoes and apparel.