PDA

View Full Version : Aeropro Drive +

vegasg
04-29-2005, 09:19 AM
After reading several post on this forum, I took the plunge and bought an Aeropro Drive + to replace my Pure Drive + that got into an argument with a fence post and lost.
After playing with it for one night, I'm wondering if others have had to make the same kind of adjustments I'm making. In between Drives I was playing with an RDX 500 Midplus, when I started swinging the Aero last night, I found I was way out in front of everything, especially on my forehand side. I actually had to make a point of waiting an extra beat before I swung to make sure I made solid contact. Is this the aerodynamic design at work? Seems unthinkable but is some new gimmick on a raquet actually doing what it claims to be doing? Now I don't put off my timing troubles with simply playing with a lighter raquet as I've also been playing with an old Catapult 3 which is even lighter than the Aero. I'm also wondering if this faster swing is entirely a good thing?
Been reading post here for about a year now (though I never registered until now) and I really enjoy and appreciate all the good info, discussions and arguments that go on here. It at least seems like I've learned a lot. :p

g.

Xevoius
04-29-2005, 11:27 AM
I had the same experience this morning using the Aeropro Control +. I am used to heavy sticks that I purposefully weight to slow my swing down. It looks like I am going to have to lead this stick up a bit too and I would suggest you try and do the same.

I cannot believe the pace I am getting on my serves with this stick. I actually put a ball through the net for the first time yesterday. Now I just need to find my timing with my forehand.

It also seems that you kinda need to try from the mid to lower end of the string tension recommended for these woofer system sticks to get the really big hopping topspin.

Xevoius
04-29-2005, 11:29 AM
...also as you play with people who hit with more pace, you are going to appreciate the fact that you have that extra 50ms to get your racquet to the ball