PDA

View Full Version : Head Graphite Pro (tortoise) - USA vs Austria Made

pshulam
02-06-2010, 06:53 PM
What's the difference, if any, between the Head Graphite Pro, turquoise color made in the USA and that made in Austria? There are also two black versions, one made in the US and another made in Austria. The black versions are stiffer and heavier (heftier) than the turquoise versions. Is it true? I have a black (USA) version which has great control and stability and contemplating on trying a turquoise version made in Austria.

retrowagen
02-07-2010, 12:18 AM
Weight is about the same, however the turquoise version adds silicon carbide fibers ("ceramics") in the layup.

Meaghan
02-07-2010, 04:15 AM
Weight is about the same, however the turquoise version adds silicon carbide fibers ("ceramics") in the layup.

Yeah my 2 are very similar in set up however i find the Austrian model feels flexier and softer and imo plays nicer all round.

Also looks so much better :)

pshulam
02-07-2010, 05:42 AM
retrowagen & Meaghan,

Thanks for the input. The ceramic probably makes it more flexible. I have two Slazaneger Panther Pro ceramic that provide great control and gentle soft muted dampened feel.

Also looks so much better
I do like the simpler paint job.

Colpo
02-08-2010, 11:12 AM

Exactly right. I'll add that the Euro black colored GP was Head's pro-line model before and even slightly after the first Prestige mid was introduced (used by both Sanchezes, Casal, Jelen, etc.), whereas the US made GP models never gained that kind of comprehensive traction on tour - maybe different layup/feel issue, maybe not.