PDA

View Full Version : Ball Machine Battery Life

Greg1189
02-07-2010, 01:51 PM
I recently purchased a ball machine (will not state brand) that advertised a battery life of approximately 2 hours court time. However, when I used it, it barely lasted 45 minutes! I did not use high speeds or the oscillating function so I was perplexed as to why so little actual court time. It was also fully charged.

The dealer stated that likely because it was a cold day-it was 33 degrees the day I used it-is why the battery life was reduced. I understand that factors such as the weather can affect battery time but to reduce it by 50 percent? It was a brand new machine and my first time using it.

Has anyone had this experience or heard of others having this problem in cold weather or should I try another brand? Your help is greatly appreciated.

dancraig
02-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Cold temperatures can really have a big impact on battery strength.
I have a friend that rigged a car battery to connect to her ball machine.

lineitup
02-07-2010, 06:55 PM
uhhhh... i'm hoping you don't happen to have a silent partner >_>? Cause i'm getting mine tomorrow and plan to play in the 30 degree weather

jazzyfunkybluesy
02-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Why not state the brand that might help us help you. I have a Tennis Tutor and found out after 3 batteries that the charger was defective and shortening the life of the battery. Id charge it up for a day and if it lasted 45 minutes I would talk to a supervisor about getting a replacement pronto.

HitItHarder
02-08-2010, 09:56 AM
If it is a silent partner lite, there may be an issue with either the battery or the charger.

I have had mine for two months and use it once a week, sometimes twice. With a full charge I can get 2 hours of quality hitting out of it. I typically have the speed around the mid-point (4 to 5) and the spin at the lower range (2 to 3). I am using it in temperatures ranging from between 28 and 45 degrees lately. So no problems for me yet.

beernutz
02-08-2010, 10:35 AM
I recently purchased a ball machine (will not state brand) that advertised a battery life of approximately 2 hours court time. However, when I used it, it barely lasted 45 minutes! I did not use high speeds or the oscillating function so I was perplexed as to why so little actual court time. It was also fully charged.

The dealer stated that likely because it was a cold day-it was 33 degrees the day I used it-is why the battery life was reduced. I understand that factors such as the weather can affect battery time but to reduce it by 50 percent? It was a brand new machine and my first time using it.

Has anyone had this experience or heard of others having this problem in cold weather or should I try another brand? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Why not?

10 characters

tball
02-08-2010, 04:02 PM
I have the same thing. My machine is Playmate. The battery is advertised as "3-hour", but in reality only lasts 1 hour 15 minutes. On my first day, it only lasted about 50 minutes. With time it got longer, but still one and a half hours is the tops.

autumn_leaf
02-08-2010, 05:48 PM
i have the sp star which is rated at 4hrs and i come close to that everytime (multiple outings).

charliefedererer
02-08-2010, 07:42 PM
Cold weather really does decrease battery life a lot.

So why don't you get a replacement battery? I got one for my Silent Partner Lite at Batteryspec.com and it takes no time at all to switch the batteries.