PDA

View Full Version : Stationary Bike

detroiter
02-08-2010, 10:50 AM
I am looking for feedback on a Schwinn 220 recumbent or 120 upright stationary bike, i.e. reliablity, good/ back or any anything else. Any other recommendations in the $500 range?

charliefedererer
02-08-2010, 12:02 PM
Scwhinn was part of the Nautilus family (Other famous formerly independent companies include Bowflex, Universal and Stairmaster.) But Scwhinn recently was sold, and comlaints are surfacing that Nautilus is not being helpful in its support of Scwinn products.

"Wash., Jan 05, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Fitness company Nautilus, Inc. (NYSE:NLS), (the "Company") announced today that it has completed the sale and licensing of certain assets of its commercial business to Xiamen World Gear Sports Goods Co., Ltd. ("World Gear"). The sale was completed pursuant to the terms of two previously disclosed asset purchase agreements by and between the Company and Fit Dragon International, Ltd. ("Fit Dragon"). World Gear is an affiliate and permitted assignee of Fit Dragon. The sale included certain assets of the StairMaster(R) and Schwinn(R) commercial product lines, including the licensing of indoor cycling products of the Schwinn(R) brand for use in the commercial channel, which primarily consists of health clubs. The Company retains certain rights to the Schwinn(R) brand and will continue to market Schwinn(R) fitness products in the consumer channel, including both retail and direct-to-consumer." http://investors.nautilusinc.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=434357

Nautilus just came out with the Nautilus R 514, which seems very similar to the Schinn 230/240, but with a new monitor that includes a Polar continuous heart rate readout system. It retails for $549 at Amaz*n.com.

atatu
02-08-2010, 12:24 PM
You might want to think about getting a spin bike instead, you don't have the fancy programs (on most of them) but you can still get a really good workout on them. I think they last a little longer and you don't have to worry about the electronics breaking down. I ride mine for 10 minutes easy, then do 1 minute intervals with one minute recovery for 20 minutes, which is a good workout.

detroiter
02-09-2010, 09:12 AM
I am considering a spin bike but was just wanting to get some feedback on the Schwinn excercise bikes, they seem to be very cost effective at around the $350 range.

I am looking at the Star Trac Velo, Fit or Sport spin bikes. Any recommendations.