PDA

View Full Version : thin replacement grips

mmaster
02-08-2010, 07:33 PM
what are the thinnest replacement grips around? i want a slightly smaller grip than currently.

geese_com
02-08-2010, 07:47 PM
Gamma Grip II is the thinnest grip available. Only 0.4mm. I find them pretty tacky and durable as well.

maxply
02-08-2010, 08:03 PM
The two thinnest are the laserfibre reducer grip and the RPNY SYNTHETIC grip both are about 1.3 mm thick. I havve used both and they are excellent , I preferred the RPNY , a bit firmer.

mmaster
02-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Gamma Grip II is the thinnest grip available. Only 0.4mm. I find them pretty tacky and durable as well.

sorry those are not replacement grips, but overgrips.

The two thinnest are the laserfibre reducer grip and the RPNY SYNTHETIC grip both are about 1.3 mm thick. I havve used both and they are excellent , I preferred the RPNY , a bit firmer.

thanks i might try the laserfibre grip. but i can't find a place that sells RPNY synthetic. do you know of one?

tennis005
02-08-2010, 09:15 PM
The Babolat Skin Feel grip is supposed to be really thin and you can get it here at TW.

mmaster
02-08-2010, 09:48 PM
ok which one's a better grip:

LaserFibre TourtFit Reducer TwinTone Grip

or

LaserFibre TourtFit Reducer Grip

maxply
02-09-2010, 06:51 AM
I have only used the tour fit reducer, RPNY has their own website , so you may want to check them out , they are about $15 as I remember but they are very durable .

Love50
02-09-2010, 07:22 AM
I've tried a few recently from the selection available on TW and so far, Dunlop Hydramax Pro is the thinnest. IMO, it's not playable as is (too slippery) but I always use an overgrip so not a problem here.

Another strategy I use is to put a Unique What-A-Grip directly over the bare grip, followed by an overgrip. It's similar to what you get with two overgrips over a bare grip except that you don't get extra ridges from the overlap of the grip material. So far, Dunlop Hydramax Pro + overgrip is about the same as the What-A-Grip + overgrip on a grip that is one size bigger.

mmaster
02-09-2010, 11:47 AM
how are laserfibre grips without any overgrips?

Bashi
02-09-2010, 12:40 PM
its not the thinnest grip ever, but i've been happy with head hydrosorb. its a lot thinner than some

maxply
02-09-2010, 03:35 PM
laserfibre are good without overgrips , not real durable, as are the skin feel, RPNY must be used with overgrips.

amorco
02-09-2010, 03:40 PM
Kirschbaum Touch It Overgrip, it's 0.5mm thick. Feels better than the Gammas and tournagrip, but only comes in white...:)

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Kirschbaum_Touch_It_Overgrip/descpageAC-KTIOGW.html

mmaster
02-09-2010, 03:48 PM
why do you recommend overgrip? that's not replacement grip.

mmaster
02-10-2010, 03:01 AM
its not the thinnest grip ever, but i've been happy with head hydrosorb. its a lot thinner than some

my local big 5 had head hydrosorbs so i got one and i have to say this grip is not that thin. it was definitely thicker than the wilson cushion-aire perforated that i originally had on. replaced the grip anyways and will give it a try today. thanks.

i'm probably gonna go ahead and order laserfibre grips, both kinds of reducer type.

mmaster
02-11-2010, 12:56 AM
tried the head grip today and i was actually pleased. maybe i'll use those for now.

keepurpowderdry
02-15-2010, 10:18 PM
what are the thinnest replacement grips around? i want a slightly smaller grip than currently.

you can use a yogi condom ... lol

robJAR
02-15-2010, 10:50 PM
I've tried a few recently from the selection available on TW and so far, Dunlop Hydramax Pro is the thinnest. IMO, it's not playable as is (too slippery) but I always use an overgrip so not a problem here.

Another strategy I use is to put a Unique What-A-Grip directly over the bare grip, followed by an overgrip. It's similar to what you get with two overgrips over a bare grip except that you don't get extra ridges from the overlap of the grip material. So far, Dunlop Hydramax Pro + overgrip is about the same as the What-A-Grip + overgrip on a grip that is one size bigger.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Unique_Sports_What_A_Grip/descpageACUNIQUE-WAG.html

That's what you mean right? You make me wanna try it haha. Care to describe the feel and compare it to a leather grip perhaps?

-robJAR

t-bird
05-29-2010, 07:38 PM
I really like the Dunlop Hydramax Pro. Thin so I can feel the countours almost as well as leather. I found the black to be substantially tackier than the white. The black also has better durability - replacing the grip every couple weeks is about the same cost as overgrips everyday.