PDA

View Full Version : Fernando Verdasco To Yonex! Pics!

gino
02-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Never seen this frame before...

Here you go guys:

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii293/giannafoshizzl/201002082300828381948-p2statscom.jpg

ayuname
02-08-2010, 09:13 PM
It's the new RDiS 200, I believe.

Larrysümmers
02-08-2010, 09:15 PM
liking the paint

dhustla15
02-08-2010, 09:19 PM
wow i've heard rumors but this is so sudden. I mean why didn't he play the aussie open with it?

viktorkwan
02-08-2010, 09:34 PM
It's a shame Technifibre lost Verdasco...

Now they only have Baghdatis and Tipsarevic...

wayne_718
02-08-2010, 09:48 PM
wow i've heard rumors but this is so sudden. I mean why didn't he play the aussie open with it?

He probably just didn't want to head into a grand slam with a racquet he wasn't entirely used to yet.

VGP
02-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Still looks like just another paintjob.

forthegame
02-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Yonex? Thot he was headed to Adidas or so.

forthegame
02-08-2010, 09:54 PM

Looks like a typical Yonex headshape to me. PJ of what? Anything similar to that?

VGP
02-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Looks like a typical Yonex headshape to me.

Yeah you're right, the throat and the top are flatter. I'm just suspicious of pros' drastic changes of equipment.

Although it could be an optical illusion.....kinda like what some people thought when the Dunlop Aerogels came out. The position of the brightly colored accents at 1, 4, 7, and 11 o'clock.....

AlpineCadet
02-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Yonex also gave him Ivanovic?

kingdaddy41788
02-08-2010, 11:18 PM

NICE! Maybe. Must have given him something good - I'd have thought Adidas would pay a pretty penny to have him use their new racquets...

RickN
02-08-2010, 11:25 PM
Technifibre just signed D. Britton.

forthegame
02-08-2010, 11:25 PM

NICE! Maybe. Must have given him something good - I'd have thought Adidas would pay a pretty penny to have him use their new racquets...

ROFLMHO!!!!

ManuGinobili
02-09-2010, 01:20 AM
that shirt does not go well with that racket...

ericsson
02-09-2010, 01:29 AM

Correct, it's the paint of the new RDiS 200:

http://i50.tinypic.com/1z2kuut.jpg

NikeUp
02-09-2010, 01:34 AM
ahh, so the rumours i heard at the end of last year were true. If im not mistaken the deal was done at the London Masters, but why he didnt play with them at the Ausy i do not know. But i will try and find out.

Applecider
02-09-2010, 04:00 AM
Shame he left technifibre...I thought the racquets really fit him :) Defo a nicer pj than yonex. :)

Kick Serve 14
02-09-2010, 04:27 AM
Too bad. Now Technifibre doesn't have a true star on their team, I assume that this will affect sales...

jelle v
02-09-2010, 05:51 AM

Any specs yet?

JordiSpain
02-09-2010, 06:10 AM
Any specs yet?

http://i49.tinypic.com/qmxoqs.jpg

ferb55
02-09-2010, 06:25 AM
Shame he left technifibre...I thought the racquets really fit him :) Defo a nicer pj than yonex. :)

Based on what? He has virtually no results to show that he is approaching the top 5 or so in the world. I personally like Verdascos game and enjoy watching him play. But to me this is a good move...something has to change. Even it is a little more mental than physical...a little tweek here or there might be what it takes to put him over the top. (at least top 5)

adso1973
02-09-2010, 06:26 AM
At least this time no one will start a tread saying he is using a Technifibre with a yonex PJ... but surely someone will start one asking if this is a real RDis200 or a RDX500 pj......

swedechris
02-09-2010, 06:36 AM

Its was actually Major . a French racket w TF paintjob ..

SAFINATORZ
02-09-2010, 07:02 AM
YONEX WHY? HE Would've been better off playing with a Wilson! I guess yonex must've offered him a lot of dough! hope he doesn't turn into another Lubjicic.

JStar7
02-09-2010, 07:39 AM
Thats dope. Someone needs to find the specs of that bad boy pronto. When will the racket be released on TW?

kimguroo
02-09-2010, 07:53 AM
Thats dope. Someone needs to find the specs of that bad boy pronto. When will the racket be released on TW?

someone already talked about this racket.
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=307175&highlight=rdis+200&page=2

flozerana
02-09-2010, 08:03 AM
What a shame. Verdasco has been the flagship of Tecnifibre in last years, really sad. Let's hope they'll finde an adequate replacement. (No, Devin Britton is definitely not that someone)

jelle v
02-09-2010, 08:11 AM
http://i49.tinypic.com/qmxoqs.jpg

Thanks for the specs :)

GReat that it is straight beam, but I'm still waiting for a Yonex 95" straight beam. :(

Edit: Oh wait.. it isn't straight beam.. 20/22mm :(

jefferson
02-09-2010, 08:53 AM
I noticed the racket change too when I saw the pics on atpworldtour. Very interesting, it did happen so quick! Hopefully his game won't go downhill prior to getting used to it!

DavidGarcia
02-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the specs :)

GReat that it is straight beam, but I'm still waiting for a Yonex 95" straight beam. :(

Edit: Oh wait.. it isn't straight beam.. 20/22mm :(

Same specs than Yonex RDS 002.

It looks nice.

Jonny S&V
02-09-2010, 09:52 AM
(No, Devin Britton is definitely not that someone)

Beg to differ. :twisted:

Razda
02-09-2010, 09:58 AM
Man, Yonex? Come on Verdasco! :(

wcliao1112
02-09-2010, 10:05 AM
http://www.dekkys.jp/60.html

Based on the price in Japan. It should be cheaper than RdiS 100 and 300.
By the way, RDiS 500 is another new one.

BreakPoint
02-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Verdasco was definitely using a Yonex. I was there at the match last night against Sampras and Verdasco's Yonex definitely had the isometric head shape, so it's not a Tecnifibre paintjob. I even spoke to Fernando prior to the match, not about his racquet since he didn't have it with him, but about his match against Sampras.

jwbarrientos
02-09-2010, 12:07 PM
poor Tecnifibre company, how did they let Verdasco go?

RacquetCraft
02-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Verdasco was definitely using a Yonex. I was there at the match last night against Sampras and Verdasco's Yonex definitely had the isometric head shape, so it's not a Tecnifibre paintjob. I even spoke to Fernando prior to the match, not about his racquet since he didn't have it with him, but about his match against Sampras.

For the right price, there are some players on tour that will play with a square headed frame if they have too.:wink:

Racquetcraft

ericsson
02-09-2010, 12:15 PM
For the right price, there are some players on tour that will play with a square headed frame if they have too.:wink:

Racquetcraft

Wouldn't you if they gave you big $$$$ :-)

GasquetGOAT
02-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Man, Yonex? Come on Verdasco! :(

What's the problem? Do you know anything about Yonex's long history in Tennis?

Razda
02-09-2010, 12:21 PM
What's the problem? Do you know anything about Yonex's long history in Tennis?

Nothing against Yonex. Its just that I am a Tecnifibre dude. Its a big loss.

RacquetCraft
02-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Wouldn't you if they gave you big $$$$ :-)

Are you kidding.....absolutely!...I'd use a triangular headed frame if they gave me the $$$$ :lol:

Racquetcraft

ericsson
02-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Are you kidding.....absolutely!...I'd use a triangular headed frame if they gave me the $$$$ :lol:

Racquetcraft

A snauwaert ergonoom :mrgreen:

Aces09
02-09-2010, 03:11 PM
real nice paintjob, looks very cool

000KFACTOR90000
02-09-2010, 04:06 PM
IMO Good value for Yonex building a frame for Verdasco and selling it to the general public.

Too many people knew he was using a paintjob with Tecnifibre.

downs_chris
02-09-2010, 04:23 PM
how much $$$ do you think Yonex is giving him?

Razda
02-09-2010, 04:24 PM
IMO Good value for Yonex building a frame for Verdasco and selling it to the general public.

Too many people knew he was using a paintjob with Tecnifibre.

What paintjob?

Correct me if I am wrong, I thought Major Sports and Tecnifibre are the same company.

Fedace
02-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Never seen this frame before...

Here you go guys:

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii293/giannafoshizzl/201002082300828381948-p2statscom.jpg

NOW, finally he is going to win the slam. Maybe this year's US open...:)

Cup8489
02-09-2010, 04:56 PM
not a bad lookin frame. someone mentioned the specs are the same as the RDS 002, is that the regular or tour version?

davidl7
02-09-2010, 05:13 PM
The change isn't too surprising. Since the last year's epic AO match against Nadal, he's gotten so much exposure. Ofcourse its about the money. He's only got few more yrs, I suspect, so gotta make that money while he's peaking.

The RDiS 200 is very similar to the 320 he was using. Both are 22mm beam, around 320g unstrung, balance of 31cm. Pretty much same racquet. Why not! I think strings will affect his game more than the racquet change. As long as he's using the same strings and customize the new racquet to how he wants it, I doubt we will see any change in his game.

Bartelby
02-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Verdasco brings balls to Yonex:

http://sportscracklepop.com/2010/02/04/fernando-verdascos-calvin-klein-x-underwear-ad-campaign/

Casco
02-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Any specs yet?
Yes, there's a thread on it. Do a quick search.

Tennis_Freak
02-09-2010, 05:49 PM
I believe Verdasco plays with a custom Yonex. Most likely the retail version of the RDis 200 will not be the same as the one Verdasco plays with.

jazzyfunkybluesy
02-09-2010, 06:03 PM
He needs something big to take him to the next level. Funny imo he needs a good shrink to help the choke artist.

Kick Serve 14
02-09-2010, 06:18 PM
NOW, finally he is going to win the slam. Maybe this year's US open...:)

No, Sorry... Too many better players: Davydenko, Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Murray...

blaby
02-09-2010, 07:46 PM
whats with all these assymetrical rackets??
well hope verdasco plays better with it

NikeUp
02-10-2010, 01:42 AM
ahh, so the rumours i heard at the end of last year were true. If im not mistaken the deal was done at the London Masters, but why he didnt play with them at the Ausy i do not know. But i will try and find out.

I was mistaken with my original post. Verdasco hasnt actually signed a contract with Yonex yet, he is still just trying the rackets. Yonex approached him at The Masters Cup but he wasnt interested and then they came back to him with a better offer. Now he's seeing if he likes the frames. So if im not totally mistaken he was playing with a stock frame against Sampras.

Babolast
02-10-2010, 01:44 AM
Hey NikeUp, how you been man. Any news on the new Nike or Adi lines?

ericsson
02-10-2010, 02:04 AM
I was mistaken with my original post. Verdasco hasnt actually signed a contract with Yonex yet, he is still just trying the rackets. Yonex approached him at The Masters Cup but he wasnt interested and then they came back to him with a better offer. Now he's seeing if he likes the frames. So if im not totally mistaken he was playing with a stock frame against Sampras.

Yep that's how i heard it too, he is still testing the frames...

mjwtpro1
02-10-2010, 03:16 AM
If he was just testing racquets then why is the racquet stenciled and he's carrying a Yonex bag lol...Usually when a pro tests new frames, the racquet remains stencilless and blacked out, and they usually carry their old company's bag. This may be why Yonex was hesitant and all weird about their marketing of the RDis 200...they were waiting to get the deal sealed. Just my opinion.

NikeUp
02-10-2010, 05:24 AM
It's a valid point, but as far as i'm aware Verdasco is not under contract with Technifibre either so he's free to use what he likes until he decides to sign something.

Hey Babolast, sorry ive been away from the scene for a while. I've not got much to report that i didnt share already. I havent been able to hunt down some pics unfortunately. I have tried! I'm sure you've seen the Nike French and Wimby range for Rafa. Adidas are holding the Wimby range for Murray close to their chest. I'll keep annoying people and im sure i'll find something and let you know.

The only thing i do know, is if Verdasco does sign with Yonex, which i think he probably will, keep an eye out for the new Yonex bag, it should more or less match the clothing he's wearing at the moment. (unless im much mistaken!)

Babolast
02-10-2010, 05:33 AM
It's a valid point, but as far as i'm aware Verdasco is not under contract with Technifibre either so he's free to use what he likes until he decides to sign something.

Hey Babolast, sorry ive been away from the scene for a while. I've not got much to report that i didnt share already. I havent been able to hunt down some pics unfortunately. I have tried! I'm sure you've seen the Nike French and Wimby range for Rafa. Adidas are holding the Wimby range for Murray close to their chest. I'll keep annoying people and im sure i'll find something and let you know.

The only thing i do know, is if Verdasco does sign with Yonex, which i think he probably will, keep an eye out for the new Yonex bag, it should more or less match the clothing he's wearing at the moment. (unless im much mistaken!)Sweet thanks for the update buddy. Strober has heard about the new 2011 Adi line. You seen or heard much about that? Also you seen Rafa's Wimbly outfit yet?

NikeUp
02-10-2010, 05:39 AM
I have yea, only photos though. A friend sent me the pics, but they were already posted up on here so i didnt bother putting them up.

Babolast
02-10-2010, 06:10 AM
I have yea, only photos though. A friend sent me the pics, but they were already posted up on here so i didnt bother putting them up.

Can you please post them bro?
What about any 2011 news, got the lowdown on that?

NikeUp
02-10-2010, 06:22 AM
Pics are up in a new thread. Maybe some other people have some more info to add to them.

Not heard more on the 2011 range apart from it's supposed to be some crazy stuff. As soon as i do hear something, i promise to let you know.

Babolast
02-10-2010, 06:55 AM
Thanks brother!

TMCW140
02-10-2010, 06:58 AM
Just been on the phone to a yonex rep and they are refusing to comment. always funny when they do that

mjwtpro1
02-10-2010, 07:45 AM
Yonex has "sucked" this year in terms of their marketing and pr in the states. When I asked them about the release of the Rdis200, they encouraged me to buy RDS002 Tours, which was the racquet I was using. ? Yet they told someone else on the board and the staff at TW the racquet would be released in Feb/Mar days beore. Then they tweet Kleybanova was going to use the Rdis200 at the Aussie Open. Maybe it's theToyota fallout....;-)

wcliao1112
02-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Verdasco will play tonight. Let's see what racquet he will use.

Buckethead
02-10-2010, 06:02 PM
He will use the Yonex RDiS 200 T.Yonex has also signed with the Spanish Confederation for whatever it is.Just marketing investiment.
Equipment wise,i don't know if he'll get something that he didn't have with his Tecnifibre,but Yonex has always been great.

JStar7
02-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Watching Verdasco play Lu right now, and he's definately sporting fresh RDiS 200 paint on his new Yonex. Yet it doesn't seem like his game has changed any. His shot placement and play patterns haven't changed and resemble the way the ball came off of his Tecnifibre. Yet he has more power than he did with the Tecnifibre, so as a result he's spraying some shots. He hit a half volley flick from the baseline on his forehand that came back to Lu with interest right at his feet when Lu tried to step inside the baseline a little.

Watching him some more, they showed a close up of his frame and it was very thin until you get to the throat and the beam wasn't much thicker. I think it may be an RDS 002 Tour depending how thin the beam of the RDiS is. Plus aren't they only making on RDiS frame? I thought I saw on here that Yonex had been pursuing him before, so maybe he tried one previously? Though I could be wrong. It could be the real RDiS 200. Of course we won't know until someone either talks to Ver or someone inside his circle, gets closer pics, or gets their hands on the frame.

Edit: At the end of the match, he hit a 139 mph serve out wide on the duece court with nasy spin. He's definately using some kind of Yonex 200! Lmao

kashgotmoney
02-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Yah i was there in person tonight and I saw his match after roddicks. I definately noticed the power, he was definately spraying some shots. but the the power wasnt such a bad thing on some shots he hit so i guess it was a give and take thing

NikeUp
02-11-2010, 02:07 AM
I have a feeling he is trying the racket that Ancic uses but in short version. Im not sure what racket it was orignially but its a 20mm beam with a 98sq head, weighing 325unstrung, (ancic's were 27.5in).

I hit with one of Ancic's actuall bats and i didnt like it much. It felt low in RA and so similar to the Prestiege but with out the magic of the Prestige. It could explain why Verdasco was spraying balls around, trying to over compensate for the flexibility of the frame.

Buckethead
02-11-2010, 06:18 AM
Watching Verdasco play Lu right now, and he's definately sporting fresh RDiS 200 paint on his new Yonex. Yet it doesn't seem like his game has changed any. His shot placement and play patterns haven't changed and resemble the way the ball came off of his Tecnifibre. Yet he has more power than he did with the Tecnifibre, so as a result he's spraying some shots. He hit a half volley flick from the baseline on his forehand that came back to Lu with interest right at his feet when Lu tried to step inside the baseline a little.

Watching him some more, they showed a close up of his frame and it was very thin until you get to the throat and the beam wasn't much thicker. I think it may be an RDS 002 Tour depending how thin the beam of the RDiS is. Plus aren't they only making on RDiS frame? I thought I saw on here that Yonex had been pursuing him before, so maybe he tried one previously? Though I could be wrong. It could be the real RDiS 200. Of course we won't know until someone either talks to Ver or someone inside his circle, gets closer pics, or gets their hands on the frame.

Edit: At the end of the match, he hit a 139 mph serve out wide on the duece court with nasy spin. He's definately using some kind of Yonex 200! Lmao

Are you serious??
Are you telling the Verdasco never hit a 139 mph serve?He's hit a 142,144 mph several times,the racket ain't gonna give him this humongous power you're talking about,he is the one that chooses to apply it or not.
i saw the first set of that match just to compare,and he definitely lost some spin,he looks awkward,he is inconsistent now with many misses by a lot from his forehand and backhand.
Bottom line,he was never confident,but he was getting more confident,now this new racket,is going to take sometime for him to adapt to it,meanwhile he will lose some matches,lose more confidence ,is not coming back to top 10,so it was a bad deal for him and Yonex.
Yonex is great no matter what,Verdasco ,hummmm .....i don't know

Charles Norris
02-11-2010, 07:13 AM

False. It definitely is a Yonex head.

Buckethead
02-11-2010, 09:22 AM
I don't know why they are still thinking that is just a paint job.Of course is a paint job,of the Yonex RDiS 200 T.That's all it is.
If somebody thinks that racket ain't Yonex,probably he doesn't know anything about rackets.

kimguroo
02-11-2010, 10:56 AM
I don't know why they are still thinking that is just a paint job.Of course is a paint job,of the Yonex RDiS 200 T.That's all it is.
If somebody thinks that racket ain't Yonex,probably he doesn't know anything about rackets.

when monfils switched his racket to rebel, some people claimed that it was paint job even if they saw holes in the racket ^__^

Automatix
02-11-2010, 11:13 AM
when monfils switched his racket to rebel, some people claimed that it was paint job even if they saw holes in the racket ^__^ You know that although his frame has O-ports it doesn't mean it's the Rebel. With so many layups it might as well be the Rebel mold but with different flex, weight, balance, swingweight etc. making it a totally different frame ergo saying that Monfils is actually using the Rebel is an overstatement.

kimguroo
02-11-2010, 11:57 AM
You know that although his frame has O-ports it doesn't mean it's the Rebel. With so many layups it might as well be the Rebel mold but with different flex, weight, balance, swingweight etc. making it a totally different frame ergo saying that Monfils is actually using the Rebel is an overstatement.

I meant when he switched to whatever prince O-port. someone claimed that it's paint job of his old racket (Head). They think holes are good paint jobs.
Also not many people knows exactly what is The actual racket for certain pro player. In my opinion no pros use stock rackets like ours.
We all have some questions regarding on pros rackets. If you say monfils use rebel as an overstatement, not many pros use authentic rackets. If monfils racket uses similar mold as a rebel, I will consider as rebel even though it might be different spec.
Sharapova black might be heavily costomized and same as bryan bros.
Their rackets are different than ours.

JStar7
02-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Are you serious??
Are you telling the Verdasco never hit a 139 mph serve?He's hit a 142,144 mph several times,the racket ain't gonna give him this humongous power you're talking about,he is the one that chooses to apply it or not.
i saw the first set of that match just to compare,and he definitely lost some spin,he looks awkward,he is inconsistent now with many misses by a lot from his forehand and backhand.
Bottom line,he was never confident,but he was getting more confident,now this new racket,is going to take sometime for him to adapt to it,meanwhile he will lose some matches,lose more confidence ,is not coming back to top 10,so it was a bad deal for him and Yonex.
Yonex is great no matter what,Verdasco ,hummmm .....i don't know

Thats not what I meant. I should have said he was serving in that range throughout the whole match, usually he spins his serve up the tee on the duece court and wide on the add court like Nadal does. But last night he was serving in that 130 range all night. Maybe its confidence, but it also could be the higher power level of the racket.

Cup8489
02-12-2010, 09:11 AM
Thats not what I meant. I should have said he was serving in that range throughout the whole match, usually he spins his serve up the tee on the duece court and wide on the add court like Nadal does. But last night he was serving in that 130 range all night. Maybe its confidence, but it also could be the higher power level of the racket.

more than likely just his confidence. he can serve bombs when he wants to, no matter what.

Applecider
02-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Based on what? He has virtually no results to show that he is approaching the top 5 or so in the world. I personally like Verdascos game and enjoy watching him play. But to me this is a good move...something has to change. Even it is a little more mental than physical...a little tweek here or there might be what it takes to put him over the top. (at least top 5)

Hey,I meant the pj :D aesthetically it was looking better than the yonex stick

NikeUp
02-13-2010, 02:20 PM
Just to confirm. Verdasco signed his contract with Yonex on Thursday while he was in San Jose. There should be an official statement coming from Yonex on Monday. I'll try and find out what racket he actually uses.

NikeUp
02-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Also, RacketCraft, if you read this. I cant send you a reply to your PM. It says you choose not to recieve messages from other members.... Let me know.

RacquetCraft
02-13-2010, 02:48 PM
Also, RacketCraft, if you read this. I cant send you a reply to your PM. It says you choose not to recieve messages from other members.... Let me know.

NikeUp,

I just sent you my contact info through PM

cheers,

Racquetcraft

RacquetCraft
02-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Here is something for all of you inquiring minds that have wanted to know exactly what Fernando was playing with Pre-Yonex:

Fernando's frame:

mold PT965CN / lay up: PT-965AF-1 / RA on hair pin 63 - 61 / factory YMA

His Custom Spec:

WOA 328 grams / Balance 305mm / Swing 284 / Length 27"

cheers,

RacquetCraft

DavidGarcia
02-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Here is something for all of you inquiring minds that have wanted to know exactly what Fernando was playing with Pre-Yonex:

Fernando's frame:

His Custom Spec:

cheers,

RacquetCraft

That thing must be ultra head light! How many points is that? 10 pts?

JStar7
02-13-2010, 03:52 PM

Fernando's frame:

His Custom Spec:

cheers,

RacquetCraft

How can he have such a low swingweight with a high Static weight? I used to own one of his frames and it had alot of lead at the top of the handle and at 3 and 9. Could it be from the lead at the top of the handle?

AbsolutTennis
02-13-2010, 04:07 PM
How can he have such a low swingweight with a high Static weight? I used to own one of his frames and it had alot of lead at the top of the handle and at 3 and 9. Could it be from the lead at the top of the handle?

I got one of his old racquets (right after a match he lost in 2007) and there's no way it has a 284 swingweight. Will get it to a Babolat machine in the next couple of weeks and post the results.

RacquetCraft
02-13-2010, 08:39 PM
Trust me AbsolutTennis! Don't bother getting out your "Babolat machine" These are the accurate and precise specs for Fernando's racquet while with Technifibre at least from Oct 2004 until July 2009

Spec Oct 2004 to May 2005
WOA 322 grams / Balance 325 mm / Swing 311 / LOA 27 3/8"

Spec. Mar. 2006 /Jan. 2007
WOA 310 grams / Balance 328mm / Swing 301 / length over all 27 7/16"

Spec. Jan 2007 to Mar 2007
WOA 334 / balance 311 mm/ swing 305 / LOA 27"

Spec Mar 2007- July 2009
WOA 328 grams / Balance 305 mm/ Swing 284 / LOA 27"

cheers,

RacquetCraft

RacquetCraft
02-13-2010, 08:46 PM
That thing must be ultra head light! How many points is that? 10 pts?

This bat is a topspin machine and is also an incredibly arm friendly frame (a great frame for anyone suffering from elbow or shoulder problems).

cheers,

RacquetCraft

ericsson
02-14-2010, 12:27 AM
Trust me AbsolutTennis! Don't bother getting out your "Babolat machine" These are the accurate and precise specs for Fernando's racquet while with Technifibre at least from Oct 2004 until July 2009

WOA 322 grams / Balance 325 mm / �Swing 311 / �LOA 27 3/8"

Spec Mar 2007- July 2009

cheers,

RacquetCraft

Racquetcraft is right, i posted the specs awhile ago coming directly from the guy that did the custumizing at Tecnifibre including Verdasco:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=3543152&postcount=41

Gioman
02-14-2010, 12:59 AM
Yonex makes apparel too.
Now Fernando switches from adidas to yonex?

raging
02-14-2010, 01:17 AM
Racquetcraft is right, i posted the specs awhile ago coming directly from the guy that did the custumizing at Tecnifibre including Verdasco:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=3543152&postcount=41

thanks for all the info: Verdasco is a great pick-up for Yonex, whatever is under the paint.:)

Probably tough for him best of 3 against Roddick, on the quick stuff in the states.

he has huge potential...and like a lot of talented top 20 players just needs to believe a bit more and he can make another big run at a major.

just read post above, no I think Adidas are very happy with him! Yonex will have to work hard for that one.

It will be interesting following what Yonex set up for him...

EikelBeiter
02-14-2010, 03:47 AM

WOA 322 grams / Balance 325 mm / �Swing 311 / �LOA 27 3/8"

Spec Mar 2007- July 2009

cheers,

RacquetCraft

What does WOA mean? Are the specs with or without strings?

I love how light his racket is.

CzechM8
02-14-2010, 04:51 AM
I watched his SF on an online stream that had no commercial breaks. Before the post-match interview went live, Verdasco put on the headset, Gimelstob was chatting with him and asked how the new stick was working out for him. Verdasco said: "Well... you know... well... I'm winning so everything's good". It didn't sound very convincing but I'm sure the adjustment is not easy.
It's a great move by Yonex to sign with one of the top-ranking and most exciting players on the circuit.

RacquetCraft
02-14-2010, 05:10 AM

WOA= weigh over all / LOA =length over all

Those are unstrung specs.

The spec on the hairpin was:

245.5 +/-5 g WOA

282 +/-4 SW

377+/-3 Balance

68.9+/-cm LOA

62.5 +/-1 RA

cheers,

RacquetCraft

RacquetCraft
02-14-2010, 05:15 AM

Those are unstrung specs.

cheers,

RacquetCraft

Ross K
02-14-2010, 06:21 AM
Anyone know strung and customized (lead, etc) specs though?... 'guess-timate" even?

EikelBeiter
02-14-2010, 06:51 AM
Anyone know strung and customized (lead, etc) specs though?... 'guess-timate" even?

standard poly is about 18 grams i suppose. I think these specs are customized.
Strung balance changing with about 1 cm i guess.

Murray_Fan
02-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Is that a PJ of his old technifibre

topseed
02-14-2010, 04:35 PM
Is that a PJ of his old technifibre

I think so... looks like a PJ for me.

Greek Goliath
02-14-2010, 04:40 PM
I think so... looks like a PJ for me.

Looks to me like it is the typical Yonex isometric head shape. How could it then be a paintjob of his Tecnifibre? Now it could be (and probably is) a custom mold for Verdasco alone. But I think that it is indeed a Yonex.

Cheers,

Greek Goliath

Swan Song
02-14-2010, 05:32 PM
Fernando's new racquet will be the new Yonex RDiS 200 Tour. What he is actually using, we will find out later.

AbsolutTennis
02-14-2010, 05:55 PM

Spec Mar 2007- July 2009

cheers,

RacquetCraft

Nice numbers/info, Racquetcraft! You do know what I meant by the Babolat Machine, right? i.e. BABOLAT RDC RATINGS as used by TW, right? Got a little scared seeing, after such knowledgeable numbers, the quote/unquote on the Babolat Machine... Which obviously ain’t mine... What strings and tension was Verdasco playing with during his period with Tech.?

JStar7
02-14-2010, 06:08 PM
Nobody has answered my question :( How does he keep such a low swing weight while maintaining a high Static Weight? I know he has lead at 3&9 but I mentioned that one of his frames I had he had lead at the top of the handle. Does lead at the top of the handle add static weight while not increasing SW? RacquetCraft now that Verdasco is with Yonex, can you tell us what exactly you did to bring Verdasco's stick up to spec?

Fedace
02-14-2010, 06:12 PM
If Fernando had the Yonex racket during Aussie open, would he have won his 1st slam ?

Greek Goliath
02-14-2010, 06:30 PM
If Fernando had the Yonex racket during Aussie open, would he have won his 1st slam ?

What??

What does that have to do with 'Nando's defeat? If anything, I would say that it would have hurt him, as he would have been playing with an unfamiliar racquet.

Cheers,

Greek Goliath

Buckethead
02-14-2010, 07:34 PM
The racket doesn't work by itself,it needs somebody to operate it,LOL.
He can have the best racket in the world(it seems he's gotten closer to it as he could) but there is nothing he can do when playing guys like Fed, and everybody else.

Some of these guys on this thread either are ******** or blind,to even mention a paint job on a cleas Yonex head shape!
Unbelievable as Johnny Mac would say!

Fedace
02-14-2010, 07:39 PM
The racket doesn't work by itself,it needs somebody to operate it,LOL.
He can have the best racket in the world(it seems he's gotten closer to it as he could) but there is nothing he can do when playing guys like Fed, and everybody else.

Some of these guys on this thread either are ******** or blind,to even mention a paint job on a cleas Yonex head shape!
Unbelievable as Johnny Mac would say!

They just can't believe the fact that a Pro could switch frames in middle of their careers...... ie.. Federer is still really using that original original Wilson prostaff racket. it is just painted like BLX 90:)

Buckethead
02-14-2010, 07:52 PM
They just can't believe the fact that a Pro could switch frames in middle of their careers...... ie.. Federer is still really using that original original Wilson prostaff racket. it is just painted like BLX 90:)
I'm not gonna say anything about Fed's racket because it's within one brand and they are really similar in shape and specs and also Nate Fergusson said that he uses a k90 (or was using),but Verdasco's is clear an Yonex Racket.Yonex has better frames than Tecnifibre(however i think they have had good frames suchs as 335,320,320 VO2Max) which would take little time for him to get used to it.
Nonetheless i still think is going to take a couple months for him to get his confidence back or even more than before.
Yonex doesn't need to paint anything ,they have been making great rackets for champions for more than 25 years.
Yonex is sponsoring he Spanish Federation and i think Wimbledom as well.

sc0tt2288
02-15-2010, 01:09 AM
320 v02 is a great racquet it's a shame he had to switch bc that's all technifbre really had as far as pro players

lawrence
02-15-2010, 02:09 AM
I think a yonex will compliment his game.

dr325i
02-15-2010, 05:39 AM
320 v02 is a great racquet it's a shame he had to switch bc that's all technifbre really had as far as pro players

Maybe he should have tried the actual 320 before switching to Yonex?

nabbydian
02-15-2010, 07:47 AM
Yonex urgently need another top male player to endorse their racquets with Hewitt not doing well enough and Nalbandian been injured for too long

IMO in recent years Hewitt/Nalbandian has carried the RDS001 Mid & MP racquet well respectively

Now lets hope Verdasco will help bring more attention and exposure to yonex racquets

davidl7
02-15-2010, 08:49 AM

Spec Mar 2007- July 2009

cheers,

RacquetCraft

Thanks for sharing! Can you tell me if this is with the lead weights, overgrip, etc?

Fedace
02-15-2010, 08:59 AM
He just may win the French open with this racket. Is the frame stock or customized ??

OliverSimon
02-15-2010, 10:23 AM
Its probably heavily customized.

King_roger
02-15-2010, 10:54 AM
any close-up pics of his racket??

nova
02-15-2010, 11:52 AM
http://i49.tinypic.com/hwhhf4.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/2nc43zt.jpg

wcliao1112
02-15-2010, 12:18 PM
any close-up pics of his racket??

http://www.yonex.com/tennis/topics/rdis200/index.html

nova
02-15-2010, 12:25 PM
http://www.yonex.com/tennis/topics/rdis200/index.html

Nice paint job. I assume Verdasco is using the real deal but obviously customized to his preferences.

PINENUT
02-15-2010, 12:30 PM
just saw verdasco beat roddick for the sap open title. i hope he breaks into the top 5 this year.

OliverSimon
02-15-2010, 03:35 PM
So is it confirmed that he uses an isometric head, or is it just an illusion?

mutantducky
02-15-2010, 09:55 PM
I think the RDIS MP is a fantastic racquet and now with the 200 they are coming out with something with a softer feeling. It also seems to have a different grip, not just the color but more cushion than the 100 but I could be wrong about that. Paint job rocks and you get him winning the SAP so great timing.
I still plan to demo the new technifibres but great signing by Yonex.

mfieni
02-16-2010, 06:51 PM

Sometime it is matter of money. Did you think of this ? said that does not mean yonex is a bad racket but when it comes to pro you never really know what the racket specs are since they are customised. Now Verdasco was playing with Technifibre since many years having ( in the 2009 ) his best year ever. Why to change a racket in this "golden" moment?
money. Nothing bad. Maybe not romantic but it is part of the game and big brands when they want something they get it offering amounts that smaller company cannot afford. nothing to do with quality because also Tecnifibre produces superb rackets
mauro

decades
02-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Are you calling Yonex a big company??
Tecnifibre, as young as it is is bigger than Yonex.Tecnifibre has a huge part of the string market that Yonex doesn't even come close.Tecnifibre also sponsors tournaments in Europe with their machines that are also great.Yonex only has one stringing machine,that i never saw anywhere.
And i don't think Verdasco will make any more money with Yonex,don't you know Japs are cheap?:):)
It's part of the business.

I would say Yonex when you count badminton and maybe other kinds of rackets sells 20 times as many as TF. Maybe 50 times or more. As such they can pay a guy like Verdasco more than TF can. Just go around the club and count how many Yonex you see and how many TF you see. Then count all the BM rackets that yonex sells. I believe they dominate BM. I suspect Verdasco by virtue of his great year last year caught the eye of Yonex who saw that here was an appealing guy on the rise we can get. It looks like it payed off already. Yonex is huge in Asia and has been around for Decades.

decades
02-16-2010, 07:45 PM
Looks like a typical Yonex headshape to me. PJ of what? Anything similar to that?

saying a racket is a PJ is about as common around here as saying "Ivanovic is haaawt!!!!" If you say something is a PJ it means you're "in the know"....

Fedace
02-16-2010, 07:50 PM
I wonder what the Specs are. It can't be Stock frame, can't it ?

Buckethead
02-16-2010, 07:51 PM
I would say Yonex when you count badminton and maybe other kinds of rackets sells 10 times as many as TF. Maybe 25 times or more. As such they can pay a guy like Verdasco more than TF can. I suspect Verdasco by virtue of his great year last year caught the eye of Yonex who saw that here was an appealing guy on the rise we can get. It looks like it payed off already. Yonex is huge in Asia and has been around for Decades.
Yeah,you're right when you say about tennis,that of course Yonex(they have better rackets) sell more rackets than Tecnifibre,but that's about it,in badminton i have no clue about it,you know more than i do,but if you mention badminton,what does Verdasco have to do with badminton?
So in rackets Yonex is bigger than tecnifibre,but even though i think big companies in tennis are Head,Wilson,Prince, and Babolat getting there as well.

decades
02-16-2010, 07:54 PM
Yeah,you're right when you say about tennis,that of course Yonex(they have better rackets) sell more rackets than Tecnifibre,but that's about it,in badminton i have no clue about it,you know more than i do,but if you mention badminton,what does Verdasco have to do with badminton?
So in rackets Yonex is bigger than tecnifibre,but even though i think big companies in tennis are Head,Wilson,Prince, and Babolat getting there as well.

the reason I say BM matters is because selling a ton of BM sticks means more money for Yonex and more money for Yonex means more money for Verdasco. TF is big in strings but even there they are third after Babolat and Wilson/lux on tour and Prince and Head at retail.

Buckethead
02-16-2010, 07:54 PM
I wonder what the Specs are. It can't be Stock frame, can't it ?

It may be the SFIT 1,it's kinda like what he likes right?:):|

dantheman
02-16-2010, 07:55 PM
I think its a PJ of a differnt yonex racquet .
also yonex is 10x bigger than technifibre because they have a line of racquets , clothes and shoes also they produce shock asorbers and overgrip

Buckethead
02-16-2010, 07:58 PM
the reason I say BM matters is because selling a ton of BM sticks means more money for Yonex and more money for Yonex means more money for Verdasco. TF is big in strings but even there they are third after Babolat and Wilson/lux on tour and Prince and Head at retail.
Tecnifibre is on Racquetball and Squash market too,so they may make some money as well selling strings,i don;t know if they have racquets for these sports.How much does a player like him would make,or how much if anybody has an idea,did Djokovic get paid?

Buckethead
02-16-2010, 08:00 PM
The racquet is the RDiS 200,the new one that did not come out yet,or is just abou to,go to Yonex website and you guys may see the specs there,or there was a thread somewhere here with the specs.

Buckethead
02-16-2010, 08:03 PM
and talking about him,Chardy knocked him out today in straight sets.

OliverSimon
02-16-2010, 09:23 PM
I saw Monaco use the same frame as Verdasco at the Copa Telmex.

XFactorer
02-16-2010, 11:33 PM
I saw Monaco use the same frame as Verdasco at the Copa Telmex.

He's still using the RDiS 100 MP

ttbrowne
02-17-2010, 01:29 PM
Yonex made a wise choice. There is not a male Spanish speaking star using a Yonex. Nalbandian is 140 and falling. Verdasco is a great get for Yonex.

And he just kicked some Roddick butt with it so it can't be that bad.

adso1973
02-18-2010, 04:12 AM

I saw him on tuesday with the new RDis 200..

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_WD-qPIGt2Jg/S30vfMmruQI/AAAAAAAAAuM/JtY9Q79wanI/picomonaco.JPG

In this picture you only can see the handle.. but the paint job is unique.. RDis200

rovex
02-18-2010, 04:47 AM
Here are excellent close up photos of Fever's frame from Memphis.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gusta***raphics/4365304307/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gusta***raphics/4366046698/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gusta***raphics/4366044130/

JordiSpain
02-18-2010, 01:17 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_a4B0V40Cs84/S3lMaug5KtI/AAAAAAAABv8/Gk0-krn2w0s/s1600/2051032-1.jpg

Buckethead
02-18-2010, 01:30 PM

Monaco's was always a paint job,he always used the RDS 002 Tour which is a better racket than RDiS 100.

tsongaali
02-18-2010, 05:22 PM
Here are excellent close up photos of Fever's frame from Memphis.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gusta***raphics/4365304307/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gusta***raphics/4366046698/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gusta***raphics/4366044130/

post pics on this thread, links do not work

JordiSpain
02-23-2010, 04:38 AM
if signed by Yonex Verdasco ... where is the document??? pics???:confused:

TennezSport
02-23-2010, 01:07 PM
The way I heard it from the US Regional Tecnifibre rep was that Yonex offered Verdasco 500K/year for 3 years to use the RDiS200. Verdasco has a new agent who felt that Verdasco was not getting enough money from Tecnifibre. Yonex doubled Tecs offer and Verdasco took it.

Ron Rocchi from Wilson told me that Wilson spends more money than most companies in Tennis, but Yonex spends 10 times what Wilson spends. Yonex owns over 50% of the badminton business globally, along with the strong tennis market share in Asia which gives them plenty of money to spread around on tennis. This is also one of the reasons that the QC and paint jobs on Yonex racquets is the best on the market.

Cheers, TennezSport :cool:

cesarmo03
02-23-2010, 09:42 PM
The way I heard it from the US Regional Tecnifibre rep was that Yonex offered Verdasco 500K/year for 3 years to use the RDiS200. Verdasco has a new agent who felt that Verdasco was not getting enough money from Tecnifibre. Yonex doubled Tecs offer and Verdasco took it.

Ron Rocchi from Wilson told me that Wilson spends more money than most companies in Tennis, but Yonex spends 10 times what Wilson spends. Yonex owns over 50% of the badminton business globally, along with the strong tennis market share in Asia which gives them plenty of money to spread around on tennis. This is also one of the reasons that the QC and paint jobs on Yonex racquets is the best on the market.

ohhh damn and i just bought 2:( MG prestige MID

0d1n
02-24-2010, 01:51 AM

QC best is Fischer in my experience, and good paint quality from my experience is found on Dunlops, Yonex, Volkl's ...most Head "premium" models ....etc. Paint quality on Volkl's I've used for years (dnx10 mid, tour 10's) is second to none...they NEVER get chipped from stringing or banging against each other in the thermo bag. They are only affected when scraped on the ground going for low balls....and I don't know of any rackets who don't get scratched when hit against a hard court/clay court ... not even Yonex rackets :p.
I'm disappointed with Yonex's bumper guards for example, at least in the RDS series the bumpers are VERY fragile and the grommets break like uncooked pasta.
Compare that with the grommets on my Tour 10's, or the CAPS on most Prestiges which are holding on for years...

Edit. Verdasco is a very exciting player to watch regardless of the racquet he plays with ;). Good for Yonex that they could get him...

RacquetCraft
02-24-2010, 07:11 AM

That sounds correct. There were in fact a number of other companies that were serious in having Verdasco join their stable, but in the end , Yonex offered the best deal for him. Un buen trabajo Fernando!Bien hecho:smile:

Obviously his wallet has reaped the immediate reward. Hopefully for him the racquet change will work out equally well for him in the on court results.

Racquetcraft

You Can't Be Serious
02-24-2010, 10:34 AM
Oh by the way, Verdasco has not officially signed anything yet. If he had, there would have been an announcement by both parties.

So there's still hope for all of you Wilson lovers.

I believe players usually get a three week trial period. Why Verdasco played with the Yonex logo ? Only Verdasco knows that answer.

SFrazeur
02-25-2010, 08:59 AM
QC best is Fischer in my experience, and good paint quality from my experience is found on Dunlops, Yonex, Volkl's ...most Head "premium" models ....etc. Paint quality on Volkl's I've used for years (dnx10 mid, tour 10's) is second to none...they NEVER get chipped from stringing or banging against each other in the thermo bag. They are only affected when scraped on the ground going for low balls....and I don't know of any rackets who don't get scratched when hit against a hard court/clay court ... not even Yonex rackets :p.
I'm disappointed with Yonex's bumper guards for example, at least in the RDS series the bumpers are VERY fragile and the grommets break like uncooked pasta.
Compare that with the grommets on my Tour 10's, or the CAPS on most Prestiges which are holding on for years...

Edit. Verdasco is a very exciting player to watch regardless of the racquet he plays with ;). Good for Yonex that they could get him...

The RDS grommets were very bad indeed. The RDiS grommets are a lot better.

-SF

mjwtpro1
02-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Watched the RDIS 200 matchup today in Acapulco...Monaco's frame and Verdasco's looked different in shape, but it could have been the string set up...

pug
02-27-2010, 07:51 AM
So, it is confirmed that Verdasco signed with Yonex?

You Can't Be Serious
02-27-2010, 03:59 PM
Not confirmed. Notice Tenniswarehouse took Verdasco off the list of players using Yonex. Don't expect to hear anything until Miami.

JStar7
03-04-2010, 08:16 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4046/4365303413_2da3cc38a1.jpg

I thought i'd share a nice pic of Ver's frame that to me looks like an RDS 002 Tour under RDiS Paint. If you look at the beam it widens at the throat, like an RDS 002 Tour. The new RDiS has a 22mm beam as a head and then a 20mm beam at the throat.

mjwtpro1
03-05-2010, 07:55 PM
I thought so too. Good catch. I think Monaco is using the new frame...and verdasco is a rds002 under the paintjob.

JStar7
03-05-2010, 10:41 PM
Found some more good photos where its clear as day that the beam is thin at the head and wide at the throat:

http://verdasconews.com/gallery/albums/acapulco/10/vsfognini6.jpg

http://verdasconews.com/gallery/albums/acapulco/10/vsfognini3.jpg

Looks like an RDS 002 Tour to me......any experts care to chime in?

XFactorer
03-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Throat does look thicker, but I'm more intrigued by the the lack of an adidas logo on the tongue of the shoes.

JStar7
03-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Throat does look thicker, but I'm more intrigued by the the lack of an adidas logo on the tongue of the shoes.

He's probably trying the new custom tounge on his Geniuses. Logo or no logo, you can still tell he's wearing Genius II's.

Tennis_Crazed
03-06-2010, 01:32 AM
money is one thing - but can't imagine a top player like verdasco would give up performance for a couple of extra 100k dollars? i think yonex rackets play nicely, but wouldn't use one.

rovex
03-06-2010, 01:39 AM
Wish the retail Geniuses had a beefed up tongue...

edwincen
03-06-2010, 04:39 AM
can't wait to order one

hoodjem
03-06-2010, 06:00 AM
that shirt does not go well with that racket...No doubt, he'll play worse then.

xFullCourtTenniSx
03-06-2010, 02:08 PM
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

He looked much cooler holding a Technifibre racket. :(

XFactorer
03-07-2010, 08:16 AM
C'mon, guys, who matches a racquet with an outfit? Girls don't even do that!

SFrazeur
03-07-2010, 08:27 AM
C'mon, guys, who matches a racquet with an outfit? Girls don't even do that!

Woman do in USTA League.

-SF

GasquetGOAT
03-07-2010, 08:35 AM
money is one thing - but can't imagine a top player like verdasco would give up performance for a couple of extra 100k dollars? i think yonex rackets play nicely, but wouldn't use one.

What "performance" did he give up exactly? He won a title beating Roddick straight after switching to Yonex and it was first top 10 opponent he beat in a long time. So tell me what kind of performance did he give up?

You wouldn't use one? Really? Wow Verdasco out to be really concerned then...

You Can't Be Serious
03-07-2010, 06:57 PM
Hey XFactorer,

Do girls match their outfits to their rackets? I got one for you--I heard Kirilenko uses wilson strings which she painted to match her Adidas outfit. If it's true why not ???
It's a business.

VamosSR
03-08-2010, 08:47 AM
TW Europe now has these in stock:
http://img.tenniswarehouse-europe.com/big/IS200-1.JPG
http://img.tenniswarehouse-europe.com/big/IS200-2.JPG
http://img.tenniswarehouse-europe.com/big/IS200-3.JPG
http://img.tenniswarehouse-europe.com/big/IS200-4.JPG
(photos courtesy of TW-Europe)

THESEXPISTOL
03-08-2010, 12:39 PM
Hey XFactorer,

Do girls match their outfits to their rackets? I got one for you--I heard Kirilenko uses wilson strings which she painted to match her Adidas outfit. If it's true why not ???
It's a business.

That's ********. That's one of the dumbest things i ever read. She was using Polyfibre TCS in the aussie.

bchamaki
03-08-2010, 07:16 PM
wait so I don't get it. Is this basically the new version of the RDS 002 (the orange one ancic used to use) Meaning that its super flexy??

Fedace
03-08-2010, 07:21 PM

Yea, this racket is UGLY. horrible colors,,looks like piece of cow dung....:)

Swan Song
03-08-2010, 07:27 PM
That's ********. That's one of the dumbest things i ever read. She was using Polyfibre TCS in the aussie.

Kirilenko uses the new Poly Tour Pro 125.

Fedace
03-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Kirilenko uses the new Poly Tour Pro 125.

NO WAY. the RQIS tour-2 could never be replaced...how can that be ???:shock:

jimbo333
03-08-2010, 07:37 PM

And Yonex also made some of the very best golf clubs on the market 6 years ago!

Don't know about now, as I'm still using the same golf clubs, they are that good:)

theagassiman
03-08-2010, 07:39 PM
Yonex
The racquet Lleyton Hewitt uses.
I will never get one.
;)

AlpineCadet
03-08-2010, 11:11 PM
Verdasco was hitting with his Technifibre frame today at Indian Wells.

XFactorer
03-08-2010, 11:26 PM

Pics or it didn't happen! :-P

Anyway, the RDS002 was SUPER stiff. If you to go Yonex.co.jp, you can find a graph of where the racquet lie on a chart with power/control on one axis and hard/soft on another. RDiS is close to the middle with the RDiS 100s towards the control/hard part of the plane.

rovex
03-08-2010, 11:45 PM

Pictures would be nice.

AlpineCadet
03-08-2010, 11:46 PM
I didn't get any pictures of him, only of the WTA mostly.

>Though I did get a picture with Taylor Dent (who let me hold/swing his kBlade pj.) At first he actually said he couldn't because, "it's a magical stick." But I started talking about how I read that he prefers to use high SW frames with very low flex. That's when he said, "take a swing." He also said it's "whatever Wilson gives me" but also added that it wasn't quite as soft as his previous sticks.

rovex
03-08-2010, 11:50 PM
I guess this means Verdasco has no racquet contract now. He won his first tournament in i don't know how long and now switches back to his old frame?

AlpineCadet
03-08-2010, 11:57 PM
My friend's GF took pics of Verdasco, once she posts them up on FB, I'll borrow it and post up the pic.

edwincen
03-09-2010, 12:17 AM

why i don't see 'made in japan' on the butt cap???

Buckethead
03-09-2010, 06:01 AM
why i don't see 'made in japan' on the butt cap???
Yeah,that's what thought too,there was no "Made in Japan" on the butt cap neither.If they start making all the frames in China,i am gonna stock up on some of the models.

vsbabolat
03-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Yeah,that's what thought too,there was no "Made in Japan" on the butt cap neither.If they start making all the frames in China,i am gonna stock up on some of the models.

According to http://www.yonex.com/tennis/topics/rdis200/index.html it is made in Japan. Scroll down to the bottom of the page on the right hand corner.

edwincen
03-09-2010, 09:56 AM
well, got to look for something else if it's not made in japan anymore.
i don't like the paint job but it's ok, cause i want it's feel, not style

rovex
03-09-2010, 10:03 AM
Oh hell no! No way are they outsourcing quality racquets to China.

Automatix
03-09-2010, 10:31 AM
The sad part is the last sentence...
http://www.tenniswarehouse-europe.com/descpageRCYONEXH-IS200.html

The 295 gram version of the RDis 200 will be the only version available in Europe.

kimguroo
03-09-2010, 11:01 AM
The sad part is the last sentence...

Guess European yonex distributor decided to import only 295g version.
TW Europe can do nothing about it.

OJ ROD
03-09-2010, 11:12 AM
I've heard that yonex are powerful rackets is this true?

Matchball
03-09-2010, 11:49 AM
I like it...

It looks like a thinner Volkl V1 or what ?

rovex
03-09-2010, 12:00 PM

Controlled power. That's the key.

XFactorer
03-09-2010, 02:19 PM

Many people have complained that the RQiS 1 Tour didn't have power... but it really is controlled power. Yonex has solid feeling racquets unlike the hollow feeling ones from others.

lefty001
03-10-2010, 01:25 AM
Guess European yonex distributor decided to import only 295g version.
TW Europe can do nothing about it.

In Japan, its 300g for the H model and 320g for the HG model.
I don't understand why Yonex changes the specs on certain products when they distribute to other countries.

From what I've seen, the RQiS 1 Tour and RQiS 2 Tour sold in the US have different specs from what they sell in Japan.
The RDS001, 001MP, 003, RDiS100, 100MP, 300, RQiS 95 XL, XL Lite are the same.
Not sure about the other models I left out, RDS002, 002 Tour, etc... but I can always check

Matchball
03-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Perhaps they make slightly lighter frames at places where they are more popular among women !!

You never know what's behind a marketing brain...

Tina
03-11-2010, 03:45 PM

This frame looks awesome!!

tennismsands
03-11-2010, 05:26 PM
ew hideous

rovex
03-12-2010, 08:52 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/i36mtx.jpg

Babolast
03-12-2010, 09:43 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/i36mtx.jpg

What can you say.. I really thought he was going to sign with Yonex.

Fedace
03-12-2010, 09:50 AM
^^Maybe that pic is from 2009 ????????

CzechM8
03-12-2010, 10:02 AM
Djoko in ST apparel is a good indication of the year ;)

VamosSR
03-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Djoko in ST apparel is a good indication of the year ;)

Agreed. And Fernando's shorts are from 2010 AO..

Razda
03-12-2010, 10:05 AM

Can't be since Djokovic is wearing the Sergios for this season. Also, they are wearing recent adidas gear.

Fedace
03-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Can't be since Djokovic is wearing the Sergios for this season. Also, they are wearing recent adidas gear.

Maybe he felt that Yonex was just too Girly ??? Technifibre is supposedly very light racket too. so i am a bit confused.

rovex
03-12-2010, 10:47 AM
I don't see anything with him going back to TF. Does this mean he doesn't have a racquet sponsor now?

BGB.CA
03-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Somebody posted on my FB that Verdasco was Practicing with Djokovic in IW yesterday or the day before, so this photo probably is from then.

BGB.CA
03-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Just found more of the photos here:http://www.gototennisblog.com/2010/03/11/photos-novak-djokovic-and-fernando-verdasco-indian-wells-practice-session/

LPShanet
03-12-2010, 01:07 PM

Like with EVERY brand of racquets, they make power-oriented models and they make control-oriented models. If you make any statement about the overall power of an entire brand, you'll always be wrong.

XFactorer
03-12-2010, 03:49 PM
RDiS 200s are going to be available for pre-sale at TW on the 17th. Yonex is shipping all the racquets to retails and the big accounts on Monday.

bchamaki
03-12-2010, 05:58 PM
So is he switching or not... he has no stencil...

BGB.CA
03-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Guess we'll see when he starts playing his matches here...

bchamaki
03-12-2010, 06:23 PM
I don't get it. Maybe he felt that he played bad in Acapulco. Then again he kicked butt in the SAP. Weird.

bchamaki
03-12-2010, 06:49 PM
on TW europe it says verdasco's name. This was updated recently. So I donno wtf he's doing.

Babolast
03-12-2010, 07:03 PM
I don't get it. Maybe he felt that he played bad in Acapulco. Then again he kicked butt in the SAP. Weird.

Yes, very strange indeed.

AlpineCadet
03-12-2010, 07:08 PM

You heard it here first!

You Can't Be Serious
03-12-2010, 08:21 PM
Verdasco has until Miami to let Yonex know if he is going to accept their deal.

JStar7
03-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Seems like Ver is being very methodical about changing his racket. I bet you would too if you were him. Would you stay with the stick that you had your best year of your career with? Or would you stick with something new that you just won a tourny and made it to the QF of a 500 Event? He's not like Djoko ya know.....so hasty with the switch.....

You Can't Be Serious
03-12-2010, 08:56 PM
What was crazy about the entire situation was that he was supposed to black out his racket during his trial period like other pros. Why he used a Yonex bag and stencil on his racket without a contract was crazy. Is he looking for more money ???

Wouldn't it be great if players stayed with the frame they liked even if another company offered more money.

But, unfortunately, tennis is a business as it should be. Nobody knows how long they will play. There was a kid from South Orange, New Jersey, who some say had twice as much talent as Gimelstob. He was a junior playing his final college match for UCLA. He took a step running for a ball and tore up his knee. Career over. Never earned a dollar from tennis.
So if Verdasco and others take the money who can blame them.

JStar7
03-12-2010, 09:04 PM
What was crazy about the entire situation was that he was supposed to black out his racket during his trial period like other pros. Why he used a Yonex bag and stencil on his racket without a contract was crazy. Is he looking for more money ???

Wouldn't it be great if players stayed with the frame they liked even if another company offered more money.

But, unfortunately, tennis is a business as it should be. Nobody knows how long they will play. There was a kid from South Orange, New Jersey, who some say had twice as much talent as Gimelstob. He was a junior playing his final college match for UCLA. He took a step running for a ball and tore up his knee. Career over. Never earned a dollar from tennis.
So if Verdasco and others take the money who can blame them.

Most likely Verdasco opted out of his contract with Tecnifibre until they settle on a new deal. Thats why RacquetCraft posted Ver's specs after he started using the Yonex and most likely why he was using a Yonex bag, stencil, and why his TF frames have no stencil and why there's an Adidas gym bag with TF frames in it on some of the other pictures of when he's practicing with Djoko.

Also there are some players that do stay with the same frame even when switching companies. Karlovic is a current example. He uses a Head FXP Instinct blacked out, yet he has a Babolat bag, shoes, and stencil on his frames.

ervinxhufka
03-13-2010, 12:41 AM
I saw him practicing with the technifibre too at Indian Wells. But I noticed he had also one Yonex RdiS 200 in his bag. I guess he's still torn and trying to decide quick before next week is over and Yonex Grace Period Contract will disappear. He's pretty enough for Yonex, So I say he goes with it !!

Roy Hobbs
03-14-2010, 08:27 AM
Talked to Yonex rep at Indian Wells on Saturday. He says Fernando will stay with Tecnifibre. Fernando offered several reasons why, but the rep feels that Cahill has convinced Verdasco not to change. Despite the fact that Fernando has played well with the new stick and that the financial offer to switch was significant.

rovex
03-14-2010, 08:31 AM
Talked to Yonex rep at Indian Wells on Saturday. He says Fernando will stay with Tecnifibre. Fernando offered several reasons why, but the rep feels that Cahill has convinced Verdasco not to change. Despite the fact that Fernando has played well with the new stick and that the financial offer to switch was significant.

Yonex must be P****. At least the short-term switch may help increase sells a bit.

JStar7
03-14-2010, 09:06 AM

That's interesting because Jason Goodall said that Verdasco signed a deal with Yonex as well as talking about Davy and Djoko's switches. I though that he may have sent his frames back to Yonex to get re-customized to a new spec. If he was back with Tecnifibre, why wouldn't he just go back to the norm with the bag and the stencil?

Roy Hobbs
03-14-2010, 11:48 PM
That's interesting because Jason Goodall said that Verdasco signed a deal with Yonex as well as talking about Davy and Djoko's switches. I though that he may have sent his frames back to Yonex to get re-customized to a new spec. If he was back with Tecnifibre, why wouldn't he just go back to the norm with the bag and the stencil?

Not sure of the complete picture, only what I heard from the rep. To be clear, this rep wasn't a member of the party from Yonex who spoke with Verdasco Saturday a.m. He simply received word from that party, just before I happened to ask about it. It's possible more activity transpired afterwards, or there might have been a miscommunication somewhere along the line.

Rabbit
03-15-2010, 07:45 AM
Could it be that Verdasco has backed out? He played Memphis and Alcapulco with a Yonex and now that he's playing a "big" tournament, he's fallen back to what he's comfortable with.

T'would seem "commitment" to the pros is an issue as well. Difference between me and Verdasco is that if someone paid me a reported $500K to play with a racquet, that would be all the incentive I'd need to commit! :)

I personally don't see Verdasco as being worth $500K to play a frame.

Buckethead
03-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Could it be that Verdasco has backed out? He played Memphis and Alcapulco with a Yonex and now that he's playing a "big" tournament, he's fallen back to what he's comfortable with.

T'would seem "commitment" to the pros is an issue as well. Difference between me and Verdasco is that if someone paid me a reported $500K to play with a racquet, that would be all the incentive I'd need to commit! :)

I personally don't see Verdasco as being worth $500K to play a frame.
He is not worth it $100 K.He will never be a major winner,and that was just proven today one more time,as well about feeling comfortable or what not,because he got destroyed with his Tecnifibre by Berdych.So he can use whatever he wants,but ain't happening.

bchamaki
03-15-2010, 08:46 PM
should have stuck with the Yone. lol.

edwincen
03-16-2010, 12:29 PM
just saw verdasco playin in Memphis , i think he should get a yonex...:P

You Can't Be Serious
03-16-2010, 01:46 PM
I also heard Verdasco has signed with Yonex, and will be using them later this month. Perhaps, as someone said earlier, they are currently being customized. But since he didn't tell me himself we will see.

backhander
03-16-2010, 11:27 PM
Verdasco should sign with Yonex, from a racquet standpoint, my personal opinion is they make the best quality sticks out of all the brands, just really solid feeling racquets when holding and when playing with.

From a company standpoint, I always remember Monica Seles saying how Yonex stuck with her through her stabbing etc. At a time when she was being dropped by sponsors like Nike because she wasn't playing well or was inactive she mentioned that Yonex was the only sponsor that stuck with her and saw her as a person and not a commodity. I thought that was pretty cool

Fedace
03-16-2010, 11:31 PM
Verdasco should sign with Yonex, from a racquet standpoint, my personal opinion is they make the best quality sticks out of all the brands, just really solid feeling racquets when holding and when playing with.

From a company standpoint, I always remember Monica Seles saying how Yonex stuck with her through her stabbing etc. At a time when she was being dropped by sponsors like Nike because she wasn't playing well or was inactive she mentioned that Yonex was the only sponsor that stuck with her and saw her as a person and not a commodity. I thought that was pretty cool

Verdasco has signed with Yonex. coming from masters series announcers. and they are just working out the kinks in his new racket...:)

bchamaki
03-20-2010, 12:05 AM
so he's with yonex for sure? ^^^

You Can't Be Serious
03-20-2010, 09:59 AM
I think we all agree that he has officially signed with Yonex. All of our sources seem to agree to this and for many of us they come from the company itself. This was not the case last month when the answers were can't say for sure or it involves another part of the company and we don't know 100 percent.

Now were hear yes but official word will come shortly perhaps when he gets his customized sticks. Otherwise you end up with a situation like someone from Russia who nobody knows for sure what he is doing.

Wait until the player begins using the frames before making an official announcement.

lacoster
03-21-2010, 12:03 PM
He is not worth it $100 K.He will never be a major winner,and that was just proven today one more time,as well about feeling comfortable or what not,because he got destroyed with his Tecnifibre by Berdych.So he can use whatever he wants,but ain't happening.

Verdasco is definitely worth the dough and Yonex is willing to pay. He's just inked a huge deal as a Calvin Klein underwear model that got him new fans and added to his worldwide exposure. Plus, Yonex is notorious for keeping a stable of pinup pretty players.

LPShanet
03-31-2010, 11:38 AM
I think we all agree that he has officially signed with Yonex. All of our sources seem to agree to this and for many of us they come from the company itself. This was not the case last month when the answers were can't say for sure or it involves another part of the company and we don't know 100 percent.

Now were hear yes but official word will come shortly perhaps when he gets his customized sticks. Otherwise you end up with a situation like someone from Russia who nobody knows for sure what he is doing.

Wait until the player begins using the frames before making an official announcement.

Actually, it was officially announced that Verdasco has signed with DUNLOP, not Yonex. I guess the tides changed...

XFactorer
03-31-2010, 03:28 PM
Ha... wins a tourney with the RDiS 200... and signs with Dunlop to START testing new 2011 technologies... smart move.

lacoster
04-02-2010, 06:49 AM
Ha... wins a tourney with the RDiS 200... and signs with Dunlop to START testing new 2011 technologies... smart move.

This proves to the normal club player that the racquet really doesn't matter. In his nine years playing in the ATP, he earns his 4th career title playing one week with a Yonex.