PDA

View Full Version : PS Tour 95 for a baseliner?

Baseline Basher
04-29-2005, 09:24 PM
I consider myself a 3.0 player, and I play mostly from the baseline, but I have no issues coming to net if I choose to serve and volley, or just to finish out a point. My question is, is the Pro Staff Tour 95 an acceptable racquet for me, or should I go with a head-heavy, lighter racquet that would seem more friendly for a 3.0 player? Also, what about the n6.1? Thanks for your help.

snoflewis
05-02-2005, 08:21 PM
well......im about...4.0-4.5 but i was forced to transition from a head heavy to a head light due to wrist problems...i came from a triad 4.0 OS which was 110 sq. in. and 3 pts hh, but the tour 95 is 95 sq in. and 7 points HL...btw i play baseline as well...anyways, my story is, ive always wanted a pro staff because i liked the way they felt compared to the triad, and i began to like it a lot. It provides a lot of control, comfort, and feel, but only feels stable if you hit the sweetspot everytime...this took me a couple weeks to fix, but after, it played extremely well...

assuming that you have a head heavy racket, you should probably find an even balance with a smaller head size so the change isnt too drastic, or else you will find it difficult to play with for some time. and also, i dont suggest the n6.1 because its even lighter at the head and also heavier, because head heavy rackets tend to be lighter....so my suggestion is to either stick with the racket you have now until you're hitting every shot perfectly on the sweetspot, or switch to a tweener frame...