PDA

View Full Version : Why wouldn't Federer switch to BLX?

henryshli
02-10-2010, 04:06 AM
Is Federer using a pj? If so why wouldn't he switch to the BLX?

Marshredder
02-10-2010, 04:09 AM
I dont see why he wouldn't change, considering the Tour90 series are designed FOR Federer in the first place.

henryshli
02-10-2010, 04:14 AM
I dont see why he wouldn't change, considering the Tour90 series are designed FOR Federer in the first place.

That's what I'm thinking...if all they did was injecting a bit of stuff into the frame......but I'm sure a lot of people here would disagree.

NikeUp
02-10-2010, 04:26 AM
Because he's been using the same racket for 7 or 8 years, he's won 16 grand slams with it.

Would you change?

raiden031
02-10-2010, 04:41 AM
Because he's been using the same racket for 7 or 8 years, he's won 16 grand slams with it.

Would you change?

This. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

jefferson
02-10-2010, 04:50 AM
It is made to his requests. So I always thought that he switched but your never know. He did have an ncode butt cap on his kfactor for a long time. I will look for a pic of it, but I remember that clearly. So I don't know

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/reviews/fed.jpg

this is a good pic of what i am saying

NikeUp
02-10-2010, 05:08 AM
It is made to his requests. So I always thought that he switched but your never know. He did have an ncode butt cap on his kfactor for a long time. I will look for a pic of it, but I remember that clearly. So I don't know

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/reviews/fed.jpg

this is a good pic of what i am saying

I dont understand what your point is? He preffered the shape of the old butt caps, so?

The K-Factor Tour was the actuall racket Rog uses and has been using since 02/03. All be it with slight balance and weight changes along with a different butt cap.

I wont list everything he's won in that time, (it would take too long, so the question should be why WOULD he change, not why wouldnt he.

Anyway, again there is a million other threads on what racket federer uses and why. Is this one also necessary.

jefferson
02-10-2010, 05:36 AM
All I'm saying is that it adds to the confusion. If it bothers you that someone started another thread about this, then dont reply. Read other threads that interest you.

Povl Carstensen
02-10-2010, 05:47 AM
I can understand why he doesnt use the K-factor buttcap. It has an irritating, unnescessary "clip" that is supposed to hold the leather grip in place, but more than anything, it makes the butt unsymmetrical, which I think no one wants...
I changed it for one, and now I play just like Federer. Well not quite...

jefferson
02-10-2010, 05:51 AM
That makes sense. I was also told that he uses a custom mold for his grip. Something that he used when he was like 14 and always liked it.

mtr1
02-10-2010, 06:43 AM
He stayed with the old butt cap because P1 had loads of them. This has been confirmed several times in several threads. As to whether he would change, we probobly will never know for sure, as the Tour 90 series are all very similar.

floydcouncil
02-10-2010, 07:19 AM

It looks like he's using the BLX Tour to us mortals.

JoelDali
02-10-2010, 07:28 AM

The original PT90 was designed for Sampras legend has it. Its been discussed here before.

lambros
02-10-2010, 08:34 PM

Only the boys from P1 can confirm that. If I had to guess, I would guess that he is indeed using the new BLX 90 tour.

jorel
02-11-2010, 03:30 AM
Ljubicic
http://72.29.176.21/showthread.php?p=2024797

sureshs
02-11-2010, 07:07 AM
Federer wouldn't switch to a real BLX because he would prefer the feel he is always used to. I don't think there was any difference in the BLX other than a dampened feel, which many think is just no feel at all.