D. Nalbandian
04-30-2005, 04:59 AM
Hi,
why do you play this racquet?
Can you commpare it to the RDX 500 Mid?
Thanks

Arafel
04-30-2005, 08:34 AM
Well, I play it because it feels a little similar to the Ultra 2 that I used to play with back when I competed in juniors. I live in Colorado, so the thinner air means balls tend to soar a bit, and with almost every frame I tried that was 95-100 my shots would go long. I have long strokes which I developed using the Chris Evert and Jack Kramer Pro Staff when I was first starting out, playing junior tournaments on clay. The smaller head helps with my control, and I feel that the n6.1 Tour 90 is THE best serving racket I've ever used. It seems to mesh with my game, ie agressive baseliner who occasionally ventures to the net.

pchoi04
04-30-2005, 10:34 AM
I've tried both but I think the tour 90 was a little to much for me to handle. The headsize seems smaller to me than the rdx500 so it was really hard for me to hit 2 handed backhands however forehands seemed alright. But for me I felt like I wasnt strong enough to serve with it. I think its only like a .3oz difference in weight to my POG MP but still it was to much for me.

Kevo
04-30-2005, 11:57 AM
The Tour 90 swings a little slower, and has a slightly smaller sweetspot. I played with both back to back one day, and I felt that they were quite similar, but I think you'd need to be a little stronger to play well with the tour 90. It's just slightly more advanced IMO.

If you are looking to enhance a particular area of your game, you might look into changing strings. For instance, on the RDX 500 if you want some serious pop on serves, try the Yonex 850 Pro. Not the spin version, but the 16L. TW doesn't carry it, but I can serve missiles with that string. If you want more control on groundies, try the Yonex 850 spin version strung about two pounds lower than normal tension. I played with this version as low as 50lbs. and I thought it had excellent control.

HTH

mistapooh
04-30-2005, 09:02 PM
I played with the racket today strung with some natural gut at a fairly high tension, 60 at least I think. The 12 point head light was awful for groundstrokes, somehow, I did not have any topspin at all and usually sail balls long or I didn't have the strength to return heavy spin. The guy I played against averages in the 80s with serves and compairing our serves, mine was 95-110 mphs which is like 20 miles more than what i usually dude with my current frame. This thing is a God on serve, but it was funny how my balls were bouncing flat once against. I'm short 5'3", so I don't even bother to go for a flat serve, but somehow, doing the same topspin motion, my serve was fast and it looked flat from my point of view. Volleys was good also, but sometime I pop it up and long.