PDA

View Full Version : My pre season routine : /

TheFuture101
02-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Hey everyone. I've been doing for three weeks so far with good success but its pretty demanding some days. Does this look suitable? I am kinda confused on how much I can do, because I'm afraid of over training. I am sorry if this post looks messed up. I am trying to do it on my phone : /

mon, fri - Intense high rep lifts to fine tune fast twitchys, pat down the big muscele I put on over winter, and try to lose the last bit of fat. Then ab work out.

tue, thurs - Interval training with multiple stop and starts. Then finish with footwork drills which.

wed - rest and sometimes hit with friends

coaching and hitting on weekends. plus rest : P

T Woody
02-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Looks pretty good to me. Only thing I would do is switch lifting day #2 to thursday and the interval training to friday. It's always better to be really fresh when you lift heavy rather than lift coming off a tough day of conditioning.

Other than that, really solid. 2 days of lifting a week with a few conditioning days is the perfect amount for me while I'm playing tennis at the same time.

TheFuture101
02-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Oh ok I never thought about that, Thank you. Can someone explain to me how overtraining can come into play here? I am concerned about it.

Vyse
02-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Depends on your body. If you are overtraining, you may feel really fatigued. I think I have done it before and I felt weak, fatigued, and tired. Just a take a few days off if you do. Make sure you get enough rest. You'll be alright, it looks like a good routine to me.

cncretecwbo
02-11-2010, 07:21 PM
mon, fri - Intense high rep lifts to fine tune fast twitchys, pat down the big muscele I put on over winter, and try to lose the last bit of fat. Then ab work out.

so.... how will high rep lifting train fast twitch mucles? how will this "pat down" big muscles? all "pat down" could be is either lose fat or lose muscle.

Vyse
02-11-2010, 07:27 PM
so.... how will high rep lifting train fast twitch mucles? how will this "pat down" big muscles? all "pat down" could be is either lose fat or lose muscle.

Yah, that is true. For fast twitch, do explosive lifting and plyometrics should be efficient.

SlapShot
02-12-2010, 07:08 AM
High rep lifting trains endurance, not strength or fast twitch. You will be best served by building overall strength, and if you exercise proper nutrition, you won't get "bulky" as the urban legend says.

Your routine looks pretty good, but make sure that you have rest days built in to avoid injury. Work on both upper body and lower body strength, and my advice would be to work complex lifts (bench press, squats, etc).