PDA

View Full Version : I'm Serious...What's in Your Tennis Bag?

Annika
02-10-2010, 05:35 PM
Ugh. I actually can't stand the ad. So I thought I'd try it out here! :twisted:

Well I have this cute little black & white plaid tote bag that I use when I play tennis. But all I have in it is a hat, tennis balls and a towel. I knew someone who carried two of everything so she'd never run out. :shock:

Ripper014
02-10-2010, 05:47 PM
There is already a thread for this...

Okay here it is... a checklist slightly different from the picture, it changes on how I feel... the picture shows

3 - PS 6.0 85
1 - PS Tour 90
3 - Dunlop Max 200g
1 - Slazenger Demon wood frame

Currently

3 - PS 6.0 85
2 - PS Tour 90
1 - Dunlop McEnroe Maxply

Warm-up jacket
Warm-up pants
Usually a sweat shirt
Baseball hat

a couple of tins of new balls
a couple of ball savers
new replacement grip
package of Babolat Overwraps
Klennex
Tupperware container with Ibuprofen
Tupperware container with
- scissors
- lip balm
- tape
- lead tape
- dampeners
- pocket knife
- and those rubber thingies that you get with a new grip (would like to know where I can more of those)

all packed into my Babolat Tennis Duffle Bag.

http://i26.tinypic.com/35iw1gz.jpg

papatenis
02-10-2010, 06:18 PM
^^^^^

Besides the racquet bag, everything else reminds me of the 90's.

Time to update.....

Ripper014
02-10-2010, 06:55 PM
^^^^^

Besides the racquet bag, everything else reminds me of the 90's.

Time to update.....

Pretty happy with my game... and its not the tools as much as it is the craftsman.

Though if you will notice I am currently using PS Tour 90's, but I probably play better with the PS 6.0 85

kelawai
02-10-2010, 08:26 PM
There is already a thread for this...

Okay here it is... a checklist slightly different from the picture, it changes on how I feel... the picture shows

3 - PS 6.0 85
1 - PS Tour 90
3 - Dunlop Max 200g
1 - Slazenger Demon wood frame

Currently

3 - PS 6.0 85
2 - PS Tour 90
1 - Dunlop McEnroe Maxply

Warm-up jacket
Warm-up pants
Usually a sweat shirt
Baseball hat

a couple of tins of new balls
a couple of ball savers
new replacement grip
package of Babolat Overwraps
Klennex
Tupperware container with Ibuprofen
Tupperware container with
- scissors
- lip balm
- tape
- lead tape
- dampeners
- pocket knife
- and those rubber thingies that you get with a new grip (would like to know where I can more of those)

all packed into my Babolat Tennis Duffle Bag.

http://i26.tinypic.com/35iw1gz.jpg

Ripper, nice carpet, just kidding :) Wish I was more organized like you. I carry only Backpack on subway or bus

2 Youtek Radical MP
2 pairs extra socks
2 t-shirts
2 cans of balls. new and used
MP3 player
hat
hand towel
bandana
snicker bar
ankle wrap
knees brace
jumping rope
set or Wilson string (friend string for me)
SIGG 1 L water bottle used Propel powder

USERNAME
02-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Head Monstercombi and Adidas small duffel:
Now I got 12 Youtek Radical MPs (trying out strings but I think Im gonna go with X-One) *only carry 4-6 at a time*
2 spare Adidas tennis shirts (1 sleeveless and 1 crew or polo)
1 spare pair of Adidas tennis shorts
1 spare pair of Adidas Barricade Vs
1 pair of slippers
1 cotton Adidas shirt
1 Adidas track jacket
1 pair of shorts or jeans
2-4 extra pairs of crew socks
1 Adidas tennis hat
1 pair of Oakleys
1 extra pair of boxers
1 reel of Tourna Grip (and electric tape)
1 pair of scissors
1 reel of med tape
a ton of bandaids
1 box of KT Tape
1 container of pain pills
1 medium towel
1 notebook and pen
1 tub of Accelerade
1 large bag of Whey Protein Shake mix
1 water jug
and 1 MP3 player with a ton of Lamb of God!!!

Cooler:
2 16oz bottles
2 bananas
1 energy shot
1-2 fiber bars
1 bag of ice

Thats my tourney load out :)

Ripper014
02-10-2010, 10:05 PM
I forgot to add that I have a supplimentary MAN bag that has my wallet, memory stick, shure earphones and my iPod Touch.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
02-11-2010, 01:37 AM
Pretty happy with my game... and its not the tools as much as it is the craftsman.

Though if you will notice I am currently using PS Tour 90's, but I probably play better with the PS 6.0 85

Wow...im gonna try to steal your bag! :twisted:

Rorsach
02-11-2010, 01:39 AM
2 x Babolat Pure Drive Roddick
1 x can of balls (newish)
2 x black nike sweat bands
1 x black bandana (not for fashion, but to keep my hair out of my eyes when i'm too lazy to go to the hairdressers)
2 x overgrip
1 x membership card for the tennisclub
1 x 0.5 L waterbottle

stuffed into bag when playing: keys, tabacco, lighter and iPhone.

OrangePower
02-11-2010, 09:23 AM
To all of you who carry more than 2-3 rackets in your bag:

1. Do you ever actually use more than 2-3 rackets during any one session?

2. Don't you get tired carrying all that weight around? :-)

In my bag:

2 rackets (LM Rad MP)
couple cans of balls
water jug
a few energy bars
couple of overgrips
reel of medical tape
bottle of advil
elbow guard
cap
small towel
spare sweatshirt
some money
pen
swiss army knife (has knife, scissors, and most importantly, bottle opener)

Annika
02-11-2010, 09:31 AM
I was hoping this thread would disappear since we already have one. :mad:

Taxvictim
02-11-2010, 09:58 AM
I was hoping this thread would disappear since we already have one. :mad:

Yep, that's the best way to make a thread disappear: add another comment and bump it back up to the top.

In my bag: 4 racquets, 3 cans used balls, overgrips, a bottle opener, wrist bands, Friend at Court (l loves me a rules/etiquette dispute), towel.

Ripper014
02-11-2010, 10:00 AM

In my bag:

2 rackets (LM Rad MP)
couple cans of balls
water jug
a few energy bars
couple of overgrips
reel of medical tape
bottle of advil
elbow guard
cap
small towel
spare sweatshirt
some money
pen

Actually I have broken 3 string jobs in a tournament on one day and ended up borrowing a partners racket. Not so much because I hit that much spin but I tend to rotate my rackets. But you are right the bag gets much heavier with 6 rackets in there.

USERNAME
02-11-2010, 10:58 AM

In my bag:

2 rackets (LM Rad MP)
couple cans of balls
water jug
a few energy bars
couple of overgrips
reel of medical tape
bottle of advil
elbow guard
cap
small towel
spare sweatshirt
some money
pen

1) I have broken 2 string jobs in one match, 3 in the span of a day (2 matches), and I usually like to have 2 extra racquets either strung up a tad looser or more HH going into a match against a good player. The most I have ever broken on the same day is 5 racquets in 4 hours of practice, but the strings were like 2 weeks old on all of em.
2) Im young and have a TON of energy lol!

sureshs
02-11-2010, 11:29 AM
My talent..

blakesq
02-11-2010, 12:00 PM
3 head agassi radical racquets;
oakley sunglasses in nylon case;
nike mesh tennis cap;
lens rewetting solution;
tennis elbow forearm strap (dont need it anymore since i got the flex bar);
giant bottle of water;
cotton t-shirt for after the match (usually wear those quick dri fabrics for match play);
towel if play outdoors (towels are usually supplied bu club when we play indoors);
banana or sports bar.

One thing i don't have, that i should get, is a spare set of shoe laces.

Well I have this cute little black & white plaid tote bag that I use when I play tennis. But all I have in it is a hat, tennis balls and a towel. I knew someone who carried two of everything so she'd never run out. :shock:

Annika
02-11-2010, 01:09 PM
This friend of mine also carried a first aid kit. I know because when I fell and my beaded bracelet broke and rolled all over the court, I needed to use it. My friend said, "that's the problem with those elasticized bracelets". lol

Now can we end this silly thread! :evil: Thank you. :oops:

OrangePower
02-11-2010, 03:03 PM
1) I have broken 2 string jobs in one match, 3 in the span of a day (2 matches), and I usually like to have 2 extra racquets either strung up a tad looser or more HH going into a match against a good player. The most I have ever broken on the same day is 5 racquets in 4 hours of practice, but the strings were like 2 weeks old on all of em.

I must be doing something wrong - I just can't imagine breaking 3 string jobs in one day! I think I hit a pretty heavy ball and even then a stringjob will last me at least 8 hours of play. I play with a 18x20 though so that probably makes a bit of difference.

Well the other thing is I make sure I have fresh stringjobs in my rackets before a tournament - I guess if you're going in with several rackets that have been used in rotation then they could each already have significant playing time on them.

Ripper014
02-11-2010, 03:24 PM
I must be doing something wrong - I just can't imagine breaking 3 string jobs in one day! I think I hit a pretty heavy ball and even then a stringjob will last me at least 8 hours of play. I play with a 18x20 though so that probably makes a bit of difference.

Well the other thing is I make sure I have fresh stringjobs in my rackets before a tournament - I guess if you're going in with several rackets that have been used in rotation then they could each already have significant playing time on them.

Yep, mine was with my PS 6.0 85's at the time... I believe they are 18x20 as well... none of them would have been strung fresh for the tourament as I rotate my rackets during use. The strings broke over the day while playing my matches... they included two singles and a doubles match. Definitely not a common occurrance as I am not a big string breaker, but I do use 17ga strings or thinner.

USERNAME
02-11-2010, 03:59 PM

The strings in my frames are always a day old when I go into a tourney, I want them to be fresh but more in that set-in phase. I normally string all 12 at once and just not use the 6 I plan on bringing with me the day before in practice. I do hit hard and almost always play someone who hits hard so that works on my strings pretty good. In practice my coach drills me a ton on serves, attacking shots, and putaways so I kill strings real quick in practice.

dlk
02-11-2010, 04:03 PM
2 rackets (EXO3 Black & O3 Spectrum), overgrips (Prince), 14 balls (usually best eight & always 2 cans new), elbow brace, wrist band (Nike), hand towel, loose cash, tennis shoes (Nike), one complete outfit (Nike), water bottle, & bandanna.

Taxvictim
02-11-2010, 06:35 PM

Yes, once I played three sets of rotation doubles (switching partners every set) with three racquets. I started with my heaviest Wilson 90, then played with a Babolat PureDrive 100, then finished with a light Prince Speedport OS 107 trampoline head. In the third set I was absolutely crushing my groundstrokes and all the guys said it was the best I'd played.

Unfortunately, I tried the same strategy several more times and it never worked again.

Edward DFW
02-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Currently I have a Prince Racq Pack:

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_big/PRPBBPBK-3.JPG

I used to have a Prince 6 pack that had backpack straps... the problem with that was that it didn't have enough usable storage that wasn't dedicated to racquets. I can carry more stuff with a smaller footprint now and I don't have to spend 5 minutes digging in huge deep pockets for my keys, cell and wallet after playing.

Anyway right now I have:
2 Prince Original Graphite OS (110)
1 Prince CTS Syngergy DB 24 OS (110)

gauze tape, bandaides, cough drops, 2 wrist braces, 1 ankle brace, gas-x

a few pressureless balls (need to add more)

1 unopened 3 pack of balls (need to add another)

various vibration dampeners (I don't use these anymore but I keep them in case someone else needs / loses one), a lot of rubber bands (these replaced the vibration dampeners that I used to use), 1 Prince TT Warrior trap door butt cap cover (I still have a bunch of these sticks that I'm not willing to let go of)

2 gosen overgrips (my favorite!), 1 slazenger overgrip (not bad), 1 wilson overgrip (garbage... I will give this away at some point)

winset tennis scorekeeping watch

wilson synthetic gut extreme 16 (man this stuff is cheap but its great), gosen og-sheep micro 17 (haven't had anything strung with it yet), gosen polyon ice 17 (I have a few of my Warriors strung with this because it supposedly holds tension well... I don't use them that much anymore, anyway its a pretty good poly)... I'm going to add some more strings

a couple of wrist bands, head band, small towel

currently out of tic-tac gum... which I always keep on hand - restocking asap!

heninfan99
03-05-2010, 11:19 AM
A few racquets, change and a can of woop ***.

ttbrowne
03-05-2010, 11:38 AM
2 rackets
1 roll adhesive tape
candy (orange slices...yummm. Quick sugar for tiebreak)
$1.75 in change
shoestrings
towel
lead tape
dampeners
jacket
socks
10 practice balls
extra contact lenses
eye wash (for windy days)
wrist bands

larry10s
03-05-2010, 03:52 PM
i have a wilson patened leather ktour bag. 3 compartments
side pocket sunglasses (i play with sunglasses).in separate zip locks
overgrips (wilson white ones) vantage and boris becker vibration dampeners
motin 800 mgs and valtrex 1 gm( oral hsv)
adhesive tape , band aids, $5, lens cleaner for sunglasses,shoe laces,sun screen,

BeachTennis
03-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Take a look and play along!!

http://www.tennissmith.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57&Itemid=10

ericadams01
03-10-2010, 08:00 PM
3 Speedport Tours
Extra grip (Prince Resipro)
Extra strings
2-3 cans of new and used balls
Water bottle
Knee brace
ankle brace
elbow thingy
Jacket
Extra pair of socks
iPhone
Keys

FlameYo
04-22-2010, 01:11 AM
LITE PACK For 1 Match

Dunlop Backpack 3-Racket Bag
2x Head Racquetball Gloves
2x Rackets (Dunlop AE 500)
1x 64oz Sports Drink
1x 64oz Water
2x Tennis Caps (1x Neck Cap)
1x Sports Shirt
1x String Cutters
1x Plastic Bag for Keys/Wallet/Phone
2x Cans of Penn ATP or Padel
2x Headbands/Bandanna
2x Knee Brace
4x Honey Buns

HEAVY PACK For Open Tournaments (2 Matches)

LITE PACK + 6 Racket Wilson Bag = HEAVY PACK
4x Tennis T-Shirts
4x Kern's or Hansen's Nectar Drinks
3x 64oz Sport Drink
2x Nature Valley Bars
1x Large 1st Aid Kit
4x Small Cotton Towels
4x Wilson Sport Socks
1x Bag of Whey Protein
2x Cans of Balls
1x Stern Jacket
1x Panasonic AA Digital Camera

mambochino
04-22-2010, 12:00 PM

seeing all that many prostaff, i think i am in racket heaven. i love it, just that my elbow does not.

podge
04-22-2010, 01:44 PM
my racquets, balls, head ties, barricades, kleenex, sunglasses, babolat head tape foam ball, i usually keep vector energy bars in my bag too, theres a lot of loose change in there that i should take out some time.. i think i also have a usb key i forgot to take out once, and a ton of empty water bottles, oh.. one of those penn stop watches that came with the championship 4-pk..

that reminds me i need to get more overgrips

podge
04-22-2010, 01:45 PM
ankle sleeve

ProgressoR
04-22-2010, 02:11 PM
I am going to my first tournie tomorrow. will take with me -
wallet, phone, keys, ipod
my one racket, some balls
water
might take a second racket in case strings break- but its a tweener and very different to my current players racket i have gotten used to so i expect it not to go very well if i have to use it again

ProgressoR
04-22-2010, 02:13 PM
oh and maybe a banana so i can take a bite at each changeover and look like a pro, but there is no chair to sit in and i think changeover lasts as long as it takes me to walk over the other side.

skiracer55
04-22-2010, 08:38 PM
...and a flashlight. Just kidding!

- 3 Head Youtek Speed Lite, strung at 62 with Babolat X-1 Biphase 17
- Xtra shirt
- Whatever balls I used yesterday plus two unopened cans (I change balls every other day if I'm hitting two hours or more a day), usually Penn High Altitude something or other
- Lots of Gatorade in water bottles with ice (I can't stand warm Gatorade)
- A bunch of different sunglasses with varying tints, all polarized. I had a lensectomy in one eye a few years back, thanks to an errant bungy cord, and while I have 20/25 vision in both eyes, I the muscles in the injured eye are shot, and the pupil is permanently dilated, so I need a wide range of eyewear.
- As many towels and wrist bands as I think I'll need
- Bandaids for blisters
- Sun block
- Pictures of my pet hamsters...just kidding!

Big_Dangerous
04-25-2010, 09:42 PM

Wow I've never broken strings on my rackets. Lolz

Steady Eddy
04-25-2010, 11:09 PM
Four racquets, (I'm ready for doubles) :)
Tennis balls,
radar gun,
gauze,
scissors,
sunglasses,
vibration dampeners,
a copy of The Code, (but I've never gotten it out during a match)
tournagrip,
various grips,
visors,
kleenex,
wristlets,
sunscreen,
mosquito repellent,
towel.

Steady Eddy
04-25-2010, 11:14 PM

Three of the racquets are mine, one is my wife's. We've had times when we were either visiting company or having company when our guests/hosts wanted to play doubles. At those times all four racquets were in use. Since I don't know when that might happen, it's easier to just have all the racquets with me.

I like really light raquets. As long as they fit in one bag, it's easy to carry around.

beststringer
04-27-2010, 03:08 PM

4 packs of trojans.

Annika
04-27-2010, 03:13 PM
4 packs of trojans.

:evil::evil::evil::evil:

Blade0324
04-27-2010, 06:27 PM
I'm pretty bad I guess.

4 Microgel Prestige Pro's (Strung with Black code and spiral flex) various tensions.
5 Microgel TGK237.2
2 new cans of balls.
about 12 recently used balls
full sized towel
patella knee strap
Pre wrap
athletic tape
bottle of advil
bottle of other misc drugs
15 wilson pro overgrips
6 yonex supergrap grips
$20 bill and misc. change
silver dollar for coin toss in matches
2 pens
notebook for lessons
captains notebook for team
rulebook
scissors
measuring tape for net
2 extra worm dampeners
3 misc dampeners
5 rubber bands
extra car and house keys
livestrong bracelet
10 bandaids
eye drops
2 power bars
4 power bar gel
1 5 hour energy drink
small container of sports drink powder
sunscreen
extra pair of socks
extra set of shoe laces
1 jar tiger balm
2 bio freeze packets
power band for warmup
A couple of pictures
iPod mini and headphones
extra finishing tape

That's all I find right now. Sometimes there can be a few other things there too.
And before you ask, no i wasn't a boyscout, just OCD.

y12.pats
06-29-2010, 04:28 PM
Alright
2 x Babolat Aeropro Drive Cortex with Technifibre black code string
1 x Babolat Aero Blast
2 x White towels
2 x Can of balls (newish)
Nike Dri-Fit Nadal Bull Lugo Yellow Cap (to keep the hair out of my face while it protects me from the sun
Spare Nike tennis t shirt
Spare Nike Dri-fit
Nike Flip Flops
Running Shoes/ Nike Courtbalistic 2.3 Tennis SHoes... depending what I have on my feet at the moment
Cell Phone
Three-six babolat VS overgrip
2 dampners
Medical Tape
Motrin
Ipod (sometimes)
Athletic Sunglasses
Nike Double Wide White Wristbands
Nike Double Wide Black Wristbands
Energy Bar
-if i am not going for a long time then I throw a couple water bottles into the cooler in my bag
-If i am gonna be there a long time I bring a separate cooler.
- 2 -3x Gatorade
- 1 x Banana
- Lunch... (sandwich)
- 5-7 water bottles
- 1 x Vitamin Water

gopokes
06-30-2010, 09:40 PM
4 packs of trojans.

I wanted to post something like that so badly - LMAO - thanks for the laugh!

ProgressoR
06-30-2010, 11:23 PM
Currently I play one match at a time per day, so here goes
- 2 rackets Ex03 rebel
- 2 bottles of water
- 1 gatorade
- spare wrist band
- towel
- 2 cans of balls, at least one of them is new
- an old squash ball that I havent gotten around to removing
- ipod touch
- phone, wallet, car keys

adimax8
07-01-2010, 12:15 AM
All in a Head YT Extreme Combi

-Raquets ( Head Youtek Speed MP)
- About 5 vibration dampners (Smily faces)
- Wallet
- Mobile
- Tennis magazines
- 2 cans of balls (Slazangers)
- Adidas Cap
- 2 pairs of sweat bands (Black, Adidas)
- Headband (Black, Adidas)
- Spare pair of socks (One can never have too many socks(:)
- Adidas jumper
- Adidas Trackies
- Racquet protector stuff (that you put at the top of your racquet)
- Gatorade
- Bottle of water
- Towel
- Some food of some sort
- Spare shirt (Dunno why)
- 4 over grips (Respini and head)
- livestrong braclets and cancer ones
- Deoderant

Thats all that i found but like many others probs some other stuff i missed.

Dream_On
07-01-2010, 03:28 AM
2 x Microgel Extreme Pro
2 x Wilson Pro Open
2 x Adidas Barricade Tour
1 x Wilson PS Rok
2 x Babolat Pure Drive Original
6 x Overgrips
2 x Caps
1 x Towel
1 x Shower Gel
1 x Reel Of String

BMC9670
07-01-2010, 04:53 AM
Wow! Some of you pack a pro shop! How big is your bag?

I keep it pretty simple - 2 rackets, can o' balls, couple of wrist bands, water, granola bar and/or banana, towel, band aid, rubber band, phone, wallet. I keep all the maintenance supplies - string, grips, lead, etc at home.

chollyred
07-01-2010, 09:23 AM
Minimalist here...

2 racquets
wrist band
1 can of new balls
small towel
phone
car keys

I usually take along a 1/2 gallon jug of water, but it doesn't fit in the bag. :)

Ajtat411
07-01-2010, 01:07 PM
I just bring a can opener because I just serve up a can of whoop a*s*s! I'm serious.

adimax8
07-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Wow! Some of you pack a pro shop! How big is your bag?

Head YT Extreme Combi, not too big.

Tyrus
07-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Dude, i live out of my bag.

Aside from 2 rackets, can o' balls, bandanas, sweatbands, shoes, wimbledon towel, string, asprin, deodorant, change of clothes, jacket, jump rope and resistance bands.

I've carried a laptop in it multiple times, my portable HD almost all the time. Its going to be a funny day when i try to carry a guitar in it.

But thats what happens when i live in London and often travel from uni to tennis back home all by tube.

Limpinhitter
07-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Let's take a look:
Racquets
balls
towel
extra shirts
cap
sun screen
thermotabs (salt)
overgrips
lead tape
loose change
keys and phone during play

onehandbh
07-04-2010, 11:51 AM
When I go home to visit my parents:

1 jack kramer prostaff wood racquet.

When I normally play:

- 2 PS85
- 1 other racquet that's strung.
- headband if it gets hot.
- big hiking hat
- sunscreen
- some change
- about 4 dead tennis balls.
- 3 good tennis balls or 1 can new balls.
- kleen canteen water bottle
- my cell phone (it doesn't have a lot of apps but reception
is better than the iphone)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3163/2282872616_7956d89378.jpg

In the car:
- first aid kit
- 2 cans tennis balls
- sweatshirt
- extra socks
- leatherman supertool
- stringsavers
- official USTA chair umpire (in case the calls get dicey)