PDA

View Full Version : Jack Kramer Staff

robJAR
02-11-2010, 06:15 PM
All i know about them is that they were also made in St. Vincent.. Can anyone give me a detailed explanation of the racquet, specs, comparisons perhaps?

-robJAR

joe sch
02-11-2010, 08:02 PM
All i know about them is that they were also made in St. Vincent.. Can anyone give me a detailed explanation of the racquet, specs, comparisons perhaps?

-robJAR

They are great rackets that play much like the sampras stV ps60 except with the fiberglass mix, they are more flexible thus have more control.
The ps60 has a rdc flex of like 64 and I would guess the psjk is more like 50. Other specs are pretty similar.

robJAR
02-11-2010, 08:56 PM
They are great rackets that play much like the sampras stV ps60 except with the fiberglass mix, they are more flexible thus have more control.
The ps60 has a rdc flex of like 64 and I would guess the psjk is more like 50. Other specs are pretty similar.

Ah, sweet! Hopefully i can pick one up.. I dare won't try getting a PS85 seeing how they go for 200+ on the bay.

To be honest i never knew they were 16x18 pattern (Forgive me, i'm only 18 and have been playing for about 2 years!) until recently haha. My sig shows what i play with, and yeah i can't use anything bigger than 95..

-robJAR

jorel
02-12-2010, 03:13 AM
Ah, sweet! Hopefully i can pick one up.. I dare won't try getting a PS85 seeing how they go for 200+ on the bay.

To be honest i never knew they were 16x18 pattern (Forgive me, i'm only 18 and have been playing for about 2 years!) until recently haha. My sig shows what i play with, and yeah i can't use anything bigger than 95..

-robJAR
try a wilson sting (the original)

robJAR
02-12-2010, 07:58 AM
try a wilson sting (the original)

Forgive myself for not knowing this , but what's special about a wilson sting?

-robJAR

jorel
02-12-2010, 08:51 AM
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/60/ProstaffOrigins.html

u can also do a search..

in short... the ps85 was based on it. same basic mold

and will only run u about $20.... if u like it then go all out and find a kramer ($100) or chicago ($200)

robJAR
02-12-2010, 09:35 AM
Twenty bucks.. Almost sounds like a steal, no?

-robJAR

jorel
02-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Twenty bucks.. Almost sounds like a steal, no?

-robJAR
yes.....................

Tennis Man
02-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Here's a list of what you can try similar to PS85 without spending big bucks:

Under $100:
Wilson Reflex Midsize
Wilson Sting Midsize
Wilson JK Staff
Pro Kennex Black Ace
Pro Kennex Copper Ace

slighly over $100:
Wilson Ultra II (Midsize)
Wilson PS 85 China, Taiwan

robJAR
02-12-2010, 01:03 PM
yes.....................

I'm sorry i didn't mean to word it like that.. I mean i would just find it surprising that they would be priced that low.

Under $100:
Wilson Reflex Midsize
Wilson Sting Midsize
Wilson JK Staff
Pro Kennex Black Ace
Pro Kennex Copper Ace

slighly over $100:

Unfortunately, all the China PS85's i see on the bay are for at least $200 :\ But i appreciate the racquets you listed similar to that of the 85. Thanks!

-robJAR

jorel
02-12-2010, 03:04 PM
I'm sorry i didn't mean to word it like that.. I mean i would just find it surprising that they would be priced that low.

-robJAR

No worries mate.... No offense taken. Quiet a good deal no?

robJAR
02-12-2010, 03:20 PM
Haha yes sir! They definitely are. I just wish garage sales and thrift shops were big on tennis racquets and what not.. _-_

-robJAR

pshulam
02-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Haha yes sir! They definitely are. I just wish garage sales and thrift shops were big on tennis racquets and what not.. _-_

-robJAR

If you are patient and can wait, the Wilson Sting or something similar may pop up in thrift stores and garage sales. I acquired two Stings, one at $5 and another (with PWS) for $15.

If you want one soon, search the bay and/or the Classified section here in Talk Tennis. You will probably find some in $20 - $30 range. I think Bud (a TT member) may have a couple of ProKennex Black Ace for $12 + shipping. He also has Copper Ace also.

Out of these racquets: Sting, PS85 (China), PK Black Ace and Copper Ace, my preference is the PK Copper Ace. It's flexible (gentle to the arm) and has great control.

robJAR
02-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Thanks, but i'm in no big rush really to acquire one. I mean if i find it, i'll pray to god i have some cash in my wallet, seeing how i'm a college student haha.

Hopefully i'll find something of the sorts. Gotta go garage sale hunting and what not _-_

-robJAR

robJAR
02-12-2010, 10:37 PM

Under $100:
Wilson Reflex Midsize
Wilson Sting Midsize
Wilson JK Staff
Pro Kennex Black Ace
Pro Kennex Copper Ace

slighly over $100:

Which one, Sting or Sting II?

-robJAR

Tennis Man
02-13-2010, 01:20 PM
To be honest with you, I'm not even familiar with Sting II and the other ceramic variations. I was talking about Sting Midsize Graphite.

robJAR
02-13-2010, 04:42 PM
Ahh alright, thanks anyways though haha. An obsession is growing.. Oh boy.

-robJAR