PDA

View Full Version : Le Coq Sportif

chancep2120
02-12-2010, 09:08 AM
Hmm I don't know too much about this stick. It has Roscoe Tanner's signature on it, so I'm wondering if he actually played with it. None the less, a beautifully made stick with a wonderful concept design. Oh and by the way, this racquet is for sale =)

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h118/goblingrenade2120/Tennis006.jpg

firefox
02-12-2010, 09:28 AM
It looks like it was mis-strung. I bought one for that double-yoke design back in the day, when I was playing with Black Ace. I thought this Le Coq was one of the worst racquets I've ever owned. I got mad one day and smashed it into pieces on the court. I've also smashed many Max 200g's, so my opinion is not worth 2 cents. :(

retrowagen
02-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Concept 3 TXM. Cool, funky racquet!

coachrick
02-12-2010, 03:23 PM
It looks like it was mis-strung. I bought one for that double-yoke design back in the day, when I was playing with Black Ace. I thought this Le Coq was one of the worst racquets I've ever owned. I got mad one day and smashed it into pieces on the court. I've also smashed many Max 200g's, so my opinion is not worth 2 cents. :(

Agree on the 'mis strung' observation...agree on the 'one of the worst' eval, also. About as unforgiving as one can imagine, especially on shots hit low in the face. It 'might' be possible to tune the feel with some string experimentation but I never saw a customer who wanted to stick with it.

chancep2120
02-13-2010, 04:35 AM
Hopefully it's not that bad, I'm going to hit with it soon. So we'll see how bad this thing is.