PDA

View Full Version : Venus, fined?

TigerTennis
04-30-2005, 11:49 AM
A little while ago I read that Venus Williams was fined by the WTA Tour. I dont remember where I read the article or what she was fined for. So I was wandering, why did the WTA Tour fine Venus?

Andrew.
04-30-2005, 04:17 PM
Yes. Her beads fell out. She had a breakdown on court, and Marti beat her.

Gah those were the days.

TigerTennis
04-30-2005, 05:16 PM
"I am bitter about the match because I was not commited to doing the right thing today and it really doesn’t take all this drama to close someone out. I am resentful about the fact that USA Today said some negative things about the reality show that Serena and I are doing. I'm mad about the e-mail I got today from the Tour saying that I have been assessed a fine. I am sad because I have unfulfilled hopes to be friends with a certain person who shall remain unnamed." --Venus (on her website)

**I was just wandering why the tour issued her a fine. This was April 7 or 8, 2005 at Amelia Island. So, if it isnt because of beads (and I dont think it is) I was just wandering what it was for.**

USCfan
04-30-2005, 05:16 PM
Huh??? I don't get it...

Exile
04-30-2005, 05:17 PM
apparently, she's sad and bitter

Andrew.
05-01-2005, 11:46 AM
"I am bitter about the match because I was not commited to doing the right thing today and it really doesn’t take all this drama to close someone out. I am resentful about the fact that USA Today said some negative things about the reality show that Serena and I are doing. I'm mad about the e-mail I got today from the Tour saying that I have been assessed a fine. I am sad because I have unfulfilled hopes to be friends with a certain person who shall remain unnamed." --Venus (on her website)

**I was just wandering why the tour issued her a fine. This was April 7 or 8, 2005 at Amelia Island. So, if it isnt because of beads (and I dont think it is) I was just wandering what it was for.**
She WAS fined for her beads back in the 90's.

This is probably because she's not playing the tournaments the WTA wants her to.

Bertchel Banks
05-01-2005, 01:14 PM
Yes. Her beads fell out. She had a breakdown on court, and Marti beat her.

Hingis made fun on her beads at he 1997 Lipton Championships. She got a warning/lost a point and had the breakdown at the 1999 Australian Open against Davenport in the Qtr. She lost the match 6-4, 6-0.

Gah those were the days.

Haka Boy
05-01-2005, 06:07 PM
[QUOTE=TigerTennis]"I am bitter about the match because I was not commited to doing the right thing today and it really doesn’t take all this drama to close someone out. I am resentful about the fact that USA Today said some negative things about the reality show that Serena and I are doing. I'm mad about the e-mail I got today from the Tour saying that I have been assessed a fine. I am sad because I have unfulfilled hopes to be friends with a certain person who shall remain unnamed." --Venus (on her website)

I feel a "Williams" standard of "their" world coming on.............

arosen
05-01-2005, 06:19 PM
I kind of wish for Venus to have more fun with her life. Shi-tload of money, good looks, great job, and she is said and bitter? Reality check, hello? She's always been the smartest of the two of them sisters, c'mon girl, get a grip.

Haka Boy
05-01-2005, 07:04 PM
I kind of wish for Venus to have more fun with her life. Shi-tload of money, good looks, great job, and she is said and bitter? Reality check, hello? She's always been the smartest of the two of them sisters, c'mon girl, get a grip.
Your right, I remember the sisters being on some show, maybe Opray where Venus was completely submissive in their roles especially when Serena was speaking. They were total opposites in character and demeanor. Venus I gathered has and seeks a completely different life away from her sister Serena that often we don’t see or recognize. Good luck to anything Venus does away from the spotlight of Serena “the star”

Objective Danny
05-01-2005, 07:34 PM
I think Venus was fined for skipping a mandatory interview.

Camilio Pascual
05-02-2005, 04:45 AM
I remember the sisters being on some show, maybe Opray where Venus was completely submissive in their roles especially when Serena was speaking. They were total opposites in character and demeanor.

I noticed the same thing in their recent show about themselves. Venus talked about Venus and Serena. Serena talked about Serena.