PDA

View Full Version : Oh, no my knees!!

Zachol82
02-13-2010, 01:52 PM
I don't feel any pain or anything at all when I'm standing, walking or sitting. I don't even feel any pain when I play tennis or do lunges. However, when I kneel down and my knees make contact with the ground, OUCH!! It's a really sharp pain that is constantly there as long as I'm on my knees.

Since you're all probably asking "what the hell is this guy doing kneeling down on his knees anyways?" I'm a buddhist, not hard-core or anything, but whenever my family and I visit the temple, I do prostrate along with them.

The last time I prostrate was 3-4 months ago at the temple, yea I know I'm extremely religious right? I recently visited the temple again and found out that I had this major knee problem.

Just to clarify one thing, it only hurts when I kneel directly on the ground, meaning that if I'm on a mat or something, it's completely pain free. So I'm guessing there's no damage to the joint, since bending it doesn't hurt.

What kind of knee injury do I have? Again, it only hurts when my knee comes into direct contact with the ground. Yes, there's a lot of pain.

Did I get this from tennis and/or running/working out incorrectly? Any guesses on what I'm doing wrong? I have no clue where to start unless someone gives me something specific.

I'm pretty freaked out right now, since I am pretty fit/healthy and this knee-pain definitely means that something's critically wrong :shock:

charliefedererer
02-13-2010, 07:40 PM
It might be patella bursitis or "housemaid's knee". Follow the following link, and see if it describes what kind of pain you are experiencing. http://healthmad.com/health/what-causes-knee-pain-when-kneeling-on-the-floor/
If this doesn't seem to be describing what you are having, how is it different?
As the above article mentions, you should be checked out medically to really know what this is, what's causing it, and thus how to make it go away.

Zachol82
02-13-2010, 08:44 PM
Yes, it is a very sharp pain. Other than that, it doesn't really describe the situation any more than that :[

SystemicAnomaly
02-13-2010, 09:23 PM
More about Prepatellar Bursitis:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/conditions/prepatellarbursitis1.shtml

Ken Honecker
02-13-2010, 11:51 PM
It's "Goober's Knees" and just another in the long line off joys one can look forward to as you age. Pretty similar to "Theater Knees" where you can hardly walk after sitting through the movie.

ProgressoR
02-13-2010, 11:58 PM
is it specifically when your knees touch the gound or when the nobbly bit just below your knees, and at the top of your shins, touches the ground. That bothers me. Is your pain in that area, on that nobbly bit or is it inside the actual knee joint.

Apologies for using technical terms, I use them cos I is hi-lee edikated.

Zachol82
02-14-2010, 03:46 PM
is it specifically when your knees touch the gound or when the nobbly bit just below your knees, and at the top of your shins, touches the ground. That bothers me. Is your pain in that area, on that nobbly bit or is it inside the actual knee joint.

Apologies for using technical terms, I use them cos I is hi-lee edikated.

The pain is actually below my knee-cap, if that's the nobbly bit you were referring to :[

Also, my right knee hurts a lot more than my left as well, I'd say 50% more than the left.

mike53
02-15-2010, 07:47 AM
this knee-pain definitely means that something's critically wrong

Maybe you can use a small pillow?