PDA

View Full Version : Problem with left foot/knee

imalil2gangsta4u
02-13-2010, 03:26 PM
In October 09 I began having really bad pain in my left knee. I was hitting with a friend when first the arch area of my foot started hurting on both the left and right side of my foot. Ten minutes later the pain was up to me knees and i could barely walk. I did not play much tennis for the next month or so.

I thought the pain was gone until 2 weeks ago when the same thing happened again. I was playing a match when the arch of my foot began to feel sore. Ten minutes later im limping because of the pain. I've been active since then and it only hurts when im moving left and right while playing tennis, not when i was jogging.

On the first occasion i was wearing 6 month old Vapor 5's, and on this occasion i was wearing 6 month old CB 1.2's. Does this sound like a foot problem or a shoe problem?

charliefedererer
02-13-2010, 08:28 PM
This sounds unusual in that you describe pain that started in your feet that sounded like plantar fasciitis, but then ended up at the knee. Like most problems, you should be checked out medically to really find out what is going on.
But what is the shape of the arch of your foot (i.e. high, low or medium arch)? Do you wear replacement insoles or orthotics? Is it possible that because of the pain in your feet you started running in a different fashion that may then have caused more stress on your knees?

beststringer
02-13-2010, 08:55 PM
check if ur shoes are worn out. if they are, get new shoes.

beststringer
02-13-2010, 08:56 PM
shoes over 3 months old can bee too old.

imalil2gangsta4u
02-14-2010, 07:45 AM
The arch on my foot is very low, almost to the point where I dont have one. I'm looking to buy new shoes asap to see what happens.

charliefedererer
02-14-2010, 08:11 PM
You might want to start a thread in the shoe section of TT to see what players with flat feet are wearing for shoes. There was a recent thread on the best replacement insoles, which seemed to help a lot of players: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=193900

imalil2gangsta4u
02-15-2010, 05:40 PM
You might want to start a thread in the shoe section of TT to see what players with flat feet are wearing for shoes. There was a recent thread on the best replacement insoles, which seemed to help a lot of players: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=193900

Thanks charlie

Charles Norris
02-16-2010, 08:41 AM
check if ur shoes are worn out. if they are, get new shoes.

I agree. Knee pain is typically the ugly step child to hip or foot dysfunction. Look at your shoes and make sure they have proper support.

imalil2gangsta4u
02-27-2010, 05:42 PM
I got a pair of Cage II's last week. I have been playing in them all week without any problems in my knee. After work today I went and played tennis and the pain started up again. Im am going to continue to ice my knee after I play and see what happens.

charliefedererer
02-27-2010, 10:42 PM
Sorry to hear you are having problems again.

You didn't mention if you got replacement insoles to go with those Cage II's.

There may still be a connection between your relatively flat feet, and therefore a likely tendency for overpronation, and the stress that places on your knee.
The following link reviews that connection in detail, and explains how proper insoles still might correct your problem:
http://painfreewalking.co.uk/flat-feet-overpronation.html

Of course, you may also be reaching the time to get checked out medically, as a different problem could be going on.