PDA

View Full Version : Aeroprodrive, right for me?

Boy Wonder
04-30-2005, 05:03 PM
To describe my game- I mostly like to dictate from the baseline, aggressively, I like to rip it too with that heavy spin, but I am also very crafty, and I guess a bit of an all-around. All parts of my game are sound except that I have to say that my serve and volleys need to continue to be practiced. I read the reviews but I am not sure about whether this frame would do me well. As long as everyone here that used it agrees that the frame can perform from all areas of the court. If anyone has an Aeroprodrive that they can trade me

USCfan
04-30-2005, 05:06 PM
I think it's awesome...I think you would like it, but you should probably demo before buying it.

Boy Wonder
04-30-2005, 05:08 PM
I think it's awesome...I think you would like it, but you should probably demo before buying it.

I was thinking of doing that but I don't want to pay for shipping. If I went to my local tennis shop, do most tennis shops let you demo a frame for free? I never tried it so I am not really sure, I'll call them.

USCfan
04-30-2005, 05:10 PM
You'd have to check it out...where I live it's $3 a day, which is pretty reasonable.

Boy Wonder
04-30-2005, 05:13 PM
Ok, that price sounds reasonable, it's probably close to that price. Thanks.

Exile
04-30-2005, 05:13 PM
It depends if you know them well or not.
I know I used to pay $3 a day but after I got to know the owners better, they let me demo for free.

And there are a few ppl that I know that take like 3-4 rackets at a time, but I'm guessing they are special cases

Boy Wonder
04-30-2005, 05:15 PM
It depends if you know them well or not.
I know I used to pay $3 a day but after I got to know the owners better, they let me demo for free.

And there are a few ppl that I know that take like 3-4 rackets at a time, but I'm guessing they are special cases

Ya, at the shop where I get my frames strung, I'm pretty friendly with them, so maybe they let me demo for free. Thank you both for your input.

Coda
04-30-2005, 07:12 PM
at my club it's 10 dollars for however long you can get away with it. At a different club closeby, you can get two for free for a week...you don't even have to be a member there.

zorg
04-30-2005, 08:14 PM
The thing you will love about this frame is that whenever you hit the ball with a racket, this racket will make you hit the ball earlier, taking time away from your apponents, which is good for you. A side note-some shops(like my local one)charge something like 15 dollars for trying out rackets. It is for 4 days per racket, but you can take 2 out at once. You get 6 weeks to try out rackets for 4 days at a time. If you buy it in those 6 weeks, the store subtracts the 16 dollars you payed, so it is free. So if you are sure you want to get SOME racket, you should pay the money to try out a racket, it is well worth it.

USCfan
04-30-2005, 08:53 PM
The only way I think you wouldn't like it is if you prefer a heavy player's frame, or if you shank a lot of balls.

MarkOzi
05-03-2005, 07:03 AM
Attention ! Both Pure Drives definitely not for 1hdbackhand players! You can adapt. you forhand, s&v to this super-spin friendly rac. but if you have onehandedbackhand you always will go down ...

johnmcc516
05-03-2005, 07:07 AM
Most shops subtract the price of demos from the racquets if you buy the racquets from them. So its basically free. It was for me at least.