PDA

View Full Version : Follow up to RD7! Which one is flexier?

tschevap
04-30-2005, 04:06 PM
Hi...

i used the RD7 for some time - had to switch as it was too heavy for my shoulder. Now i am still on my search for a similary flexy frame - what do you think: which one of those comes close...

C10pro (isnt it of the same weight? Shoulder?)
Yonex RDX 500 MP or MID (which one is flexier)
Yonex MP5 Tour (sounds interessting)
NCode Sixone 95 18x20 (this is the one i am interested the most in)...

What are your impressions?
I played some frames which had low RAs but felt very firm - Rok 93, Prestige Classic...and there were frames with higher RAs feeling very flexy (Warrior...)

Which of the frames above would remind me the most on the RD7?

I play 5.0 level with a one handed backhand and allcourt/S&V...

Thanks a lot! T.

tschevap
05-01-2005, 07:49 AM
I add the Pure Storm to my list. I played it today and it feels way flexier than i thougt...

POGO
05-01-2005, 08:44 AM
I use the RD-7, and I use the TT Warrior OS as backup. I can't find anymore RD-7 so the next best thing IMHO is the TT Warrior OS. It has a flex rating of 66,but it certainly plays much more flexible than that. I would rate it at about 60. I thas a very sweet feel to it.

tschevap
05-01-2005, 08:55 AM
I used the Warrior for some time but wont go back to it as i had lots of trouble from the baseline! S&V, chip and charge, aggressive allcourt-tennis was great. Besides: I had troubles with frames cracking although i never abused them :(

Thanks anyway!

POGO
05-01-2005, 08:59 AM
I used the Warrior for some time but wont go back to it as i had lots of trouble from the baseline! S&V, chip and charge, aggressive allcourt-tennis was great. Besides: I had troubles with frames cracking although i never abused them :(

Thanks anyway!
Wow!! You had trouble with the Warrior from the baseline? I'm a baseline player myself. Did you play with the OS or MP? I play with the OS that is heavily weighted with lead tape. I followed a TT Warrior customization from gmlasam and it plays fantastic now. Do a searh for "TT Warrior Customization" to find gmlasam's thread. It was very helpful.

KOtennis
05-01-2005, 03:04 PM
hmmm..
i dont think the 2 Yonex that u listed are anything close to the RD-7.
i use the RD-7, and tried the RDX500 MP. Played nothing like the RD-7, except maybe the spin....

tschevap
05-01-2005, 10:40 PM
Thanks! That was my impression, too (for the RDX)...
What about the Pure Storm???

Is it the Woofer, that makes it so flexy?

KOtennis
05-01-2005, 11:26 PM
sorry, cant help u with that one. Never played with the Pure Storm.