PDA

View Full Version : weather is terrible!!!!

jimanuel12
02-15-2010, 11:41 AM
i want to begin to play tennis SO BAD - and it is snowing like the devil here in Kentucky.
This weather sucks!!!

So much for global warming - global warming my butt!!!!

PINENUT
02-15-2010, 11:47 AM
It's Expensive, But Look For Indoor Courts.

Fedace
02-15-2010, 11:51 AM
i want to begin to play tennis SO BAD - and it is snowing like the devil here in Kentucky.
This weather sucks!!!

It is global Warming.... Snow doesn't mean the weather is getting colder. with Almeneo effect of this year and Global warming, there is lots of moisture in the air. and all this extra moisture is being dumped right onto our laps in snow

albino smurf
02-15-2010, 12:28 PM
Man I live in Kentucky and have barely been able to get runs in much less tennis. Most snow I can remember in a winter in a long long time. Thank god the hoops are good this year.

Tennisallday
02-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Yea I live in Kentucky too and its been horrible if there aren't indoor courts around you you can' t play

Jracer77
02-15-2010, 02:33 PM
It is global Warming.... Snow doesn't mean the weather is getting colder. with Almeneo effect of this year and Global warming, there is lots of moisture in the air. and all this extra moisture is being dumped right onto our laps in snow

I can't believe the Weather Channel doesn't hire you with all your brilliant insights.

mikeler
02-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Even in Florida it has been too cold to play on a number of days. :(

charliefedererer
02-15-2010, 05:50 PM
But everyone has to agree the weather has been perfect to train more in order to be ready for the spring season.

masterxfob
02-15-2010, 05:55 PM
damn this ~80 degree F weather in southern california! :P

jrod
02-15-2010, 05:56 PM

Huh? Almeneo effect? Are you really as clueless as you appear to be?

Let's try this together now....El Niņo ...say it again....El Niņo ...one more time Fedace.....El Niņo....There you go!

Now meteorologically speaking, your explanation is not great, but it's certainly better than your command of language.

Ugh.....

Baselineg
02-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Even in Florida it has been too cold to play on a number of days. :(

yeah man here in north florida its been like 50 and no sun cant wait till spring gets here.

MomentumGT
02-15-2010, 07:22 PM

I feel you brutha! :)

-Jon

Fedace
02-15-2010, 07:23 PM

Let's try this together now....El Niņo ...say it again....El Niņo ...one more time Fedace.....El Niņo....There you go!

Now meteorologically speaking, your explanation is not great, but it's certainly better than your command of language.

Ugh.....

elninino,,,,,I ate at that mexican restaurant last night.....Try the steak burritos,,,,,delicious......:)

Jonny S&V
02-15-2010, 07:24 PM
yeah man here in north florida its been like 50 and no sun cant wait till spring gets here.

Oh suck it up, it's a good 30 deg with no sun here. :evil:

Baselineg
02-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Oh suck it up, it's a good 30 deg with no sun here. :evil:

im sorry move to a state that skips the s***** seasons , i lived in indiana for 10 years 10 years too long.

albino smurf
02-16-2010, 03:55 AM
But everyone has to agree the weather has been perfect to train more in order to be ready for the spring season.

No, there is ice and snow everywhere. Not perfect at all.

SteveI
02-16-2010, 04:05 AM
This weather sucks!!!

Booooo Hooooo... LOL. Man Up.. we have a winter that lasts 4-5 months each year... cry me a river. Just kidding. Book some indoor court time.. go for a run.. lift some weights. Or.. since you are in KY.. watch some BBall..

Serious.. not that big a deal. Nice to give your body a rest from the hard courts:)

SteveI
02-16-2010, 04:07 AM

Bingo!!! :-)

albino smurf
02-16-2010, 05:50 AM
Booooo Hooooo... LOL. Man Up.. we have a winter that lasts 4-5 months each year... cry me a river. Just kidding. Book some indoor court time.. go for a run.. lift some weights. Or.. since you are in KY.. watch some BBall..

Serious.. not that big a deal. Nice to give your body a rest from the hard courts:)

I've been lifting, but running has been out of the question due to snowfall and ice. The hoops have been outstanding this year, as long as you are a UK fan. If your tastes swing further to the West well, sorry about your luck lil bro. The indoor courts are prohibitively expensive.

jimanuel12
02-16-2010, 06:16 AM
I've been lifting, but running has been out of the question due to snowfall and ice. The hoops have been outstanding this year, as long as you are a UK fan. If your tastes swing further to the West well, sorry about your luck lil bro. The indoor courts are prohibitively expensive.

you are correct, the indoor courts are VERY expensive. you have to sign up for them well in advance or you have no chance to get one.
me and 3 other guys rented some a few years ago, but they all moved away and don't have anyone to share the cost with now.
UK basketball is good this year, thank God for that, both the mens and ladies.
but the weather still sucks and i don't think al gore has a clue about what is going on. the earth is going through a cycle, we did not burn fossil fuels 1000 years ago when the earth went through a warming cycle.
mother earth is going through her cycle. in 1976, the so called experts were predicting that we were going through a new ice age.
so again, global warming my BUTT!!!!

jimanuel12
02-16-2010, 06:18 AM

i guess you missed the latest report with one of the scientist that claimed man made global warming. he has now changed his mind and said that the data was wrong.
so much for the experts. we have been suckered into thinking that global warming is man made, BS to that!!!

jimanuel12
02-16-2010, 06:33 AM

i feel your pain

swedechris
02-16-2010, 07:24 AM
This weather sucks!!!

LOL.
http://www.repoweramerica.org/climate-change-causes-severe-weather/

ALten1
02-16-2010, 07:30 AM
Is global warming...sorry climate change, on every thread?

If it makes you feel any better OP, we are snowed in here in Alabama. It might snow here once a year and only for ten minutes but this year we have had at least a week of this white crap.

swedechris
02-16-2010, 07:34 AM
No its not. Only where it can be relevant. The Jon Stewart thing is fun isnt it??? Did you see it ?
Dont be a sour puss, we should be able to maintain a good sense of humor ..:)
Life is good and even better with a laugh !

swedechris
02-16-2010, 07:34 AM

its on that page .. ENJOY!!!!

Charles Norris
02-16-2010, 07:36 AM

Ugh.....

Haha, I was just about to write the exact same thing when I read "Almeano". Any proponent of global warming would be ashamed.

ALten1
02-16-2010, 07:38 AM

yeah that was funny

swedechris
02-16-2010, 01:14 PM
Hell yeah..that brings across with pace and weight the DIFFERENCE between WEATHER and CLIMATE... in a FUNNY way.. go Jon!

johanneskepler
02-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Hell yeah..that brings across with pace and weight the DIFFERENCE between WEATHER and CLIMATE... in a FUNNY way.. go Jon!

That was fkin a.w.e.s.o.m.e!!

I laughed like a madman.. thanks for posting that clip.

jimanuel12
02-17-2010, 04:43 AM

that was so funny i also fell out of my chair!!!!!!

some people will believe anything.

jimanuel12
02-17-2010, 04:45 AM
LOL.

how about this article for all the man-made global warming nuts:

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/newsweeks-1975-article-about-the-coming-ice-age

jimanuel12
02-17-2010, 11:39 AM
Man I live in Kentucky and have barely been able to get runs in much less tennis. Most snow I can remember in a winter in a long long time. Thank god the hoops are good this year.

i live about 30 miles due east of lexington, which part do you live?

jimanuel12
02-17-2010, 11:40 AM
Yea I live in Kentucky too and its been horrible if there aren't indoor courts around you you can' t play

I live about 30 miles due east of lexington, which part do you live also?

philosoraptor
02-17-2010, 12:16 PM
Oh man, the bubbles here in northern VA broke ( something with the gas pump that keeps them up) and i havent been able to play for a while. varsity tryouts are next week and we're expecting another foot to 2 feet of snow :(

albino smurf
02-17-2010, 12:23 PM
I'm in Lexington. Supposed to warm up a bit.. and snow. 25-1 helps though.

Tongueincheek
02-17-2010, 12:28 PM

Mate , Thnx 4 posting that.. It owns. period. ROFL!!

jimanuel12
02-18-2010, 06:59 AM
I'm in Lexington. Supposed to warm up a bit.. and snow. 25-1 helps though.

doesn't it though. man, i LOVE the cats, even the last 2 years of that DA we had as a coach, i am glad he is gone.
maybe DePaul will have him, i wish him luck though, i am just glad he is not here anymore.
i cannot believe what a difference a year makes, coach cal has took this young team of freshmen and made them into a mean machine.
GO BIG BLUE!!!!