PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Head racket named Head Classic Mid ?

Diablo
04-30-2005, 08:07 PM
Saw this auction at my local yahoo site and the seller mentioned about why its called Head classic Mid and not Prestige Classic:

http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo.com/sg/auction/88460460?aucview=0x13

tot of bidding for this but need to seek ur opinon if this is a genuine racket.

ffrpg
04-30-2005, 08:41 PM
Yes, it's genuine. I have a couple.

Diablo
04-30-2005, 09:19 PM
Thanks.

May I know the specs of this racket and does it play like Prestige Classic or PC600?

Brent Pederson
04-30-2005, 09:25 PM
The very same...

Steve F.
05-01-2005, 07:27 AM
There used to be a raging debate on the old board about the differences between the prestige and the classic mid. Someone else will recall the difs, I don't. Part of it may have boiled down to name usage rights, and the Classic Mid name was sold in the States and the Prestige name was used everywhere else. Safin was said to use only the Classic Mid, and Flipper bought his right here from TW. I used to play with them, loved it, it's a great frame.

Brent Pederson
05-01-2005, 01:22 PM
There was a trademark issue in the states with the name "prestige" so head used the name classic for a few years instead...

tandayu
05-01-2005, 03:26 PM
Diablo, A racket that went through several production batches will have some variances, be it the weight, paint, flex, etc. The PC600/classic mid and PT280 are two popular models that went through several batches at different production places.

Search the archive under "Difference cosmetic between the old prestige and new prestige", a thread started by Brad Smith in march 2005. Several people on this board are very knowledgeable on the PC600 to name a few Michael Chaho, Prestige Classic, Colpo, Mr. K, and other names I can't remember as of now.

The "Classic mid" price on **** lately in the range $100-$120, while the oldest version "made in Austria" went for $250 last week for a used frame.

You can also see the differences on the spec. at www.racquettech.com under prestige classic and classic mid.