PDA

View Full Version : What is 200G with power?

dunlo
04-30-2005, 09:50 PM
Hi
Since i like workouts in gym,some days 200G is challenging to me.When i am fresh no problem.
Any advice?I like whip forehands and use doublehand backhands.Play both doubles and singles.I am pretty strong player.

AndrewD
05-01-2005, 05:08 AM
Best advice is not to play tennis the same day as a gym work-out or, better still, don't play the day after either. As there's nothing wrong with the racquet and you like it I wouldn't be changing. What I would do is change your gym and tennis routine so you don't find the racquet challenging.

Steve F.
05-01-2005, 07:18 AM
200G? HM or MW? HM has good pop, think of your string choice. Reduce tension, use a lively 17g string, plenty to choose from.

Bent
05-01-2005, 10:17 AM
I play with 200 mw 95. At 28 kg. Mostly with gut, but also with others and stiff/demanding string.

I am also strong and tall (no bragging, I'm to old for that!), wich is a must for this racket. Because there is no help at all.

But I love the necessity of having to swing fully.

Yesterday I tried a Wilson Hyper Pro Staff 6.1. And hit all of the balls long......

yip kok kuin
05-01-2005, 03:34 PM
Reduce tension to below 45 pound. You will find that you don't need a different stick.

dunlo
05-02-2005, 05:06 AM
Thanks for replies!
I also like the feel too but i go gym 4 days a week and play 3-4 days a week;so no chance of separating days.
It is Hot Melt 200G.
String is 16 and tension 25-26kg(55pounds i guess)
It becomes a little unmanuaverable at days.

dunlo
05-02-2005, 05:07 AM
45 pound is 20-21kg!
Isn't it too low???

Steve F.
05-02-2005, 11:54 AM
Hard to suggest advice with out hearing what your goals are. Can you discuss what you find challenging with your racquet? A certain stroke? Top or slice? Finding the sweetspot? You mention you're a strong player,but the HM feels unmaneuverable at times. If you'rre having trouble getting the racquet around, perhaps it is too demanding because the HM is extremely quick around the court for it's weight.
16g string is pretty thick for that dense a stringbed. If you're having difficulty with pop, restring with 17g NRG2 or some other lively string, your tension is about as low as I'd want to go.

the_arod
05-02-2005, 01:22 PM
i play the mw 200G (95 sq. inch, 18*20) at 23 kgs with a full poly and there's enough control because of the dense string pattern, so lowerin tension would not be a problem

monologuist
05-02-2005, 02:55 PM
you might wanna give Vantage custom a try. Their racquet feel very similar in feel to Dunlops I've tried, but with a little more power. 200g in particular. (63 flex option)

dunlo
05-03-2005, 03:43 AM
Nice point Steve,thanks;
First i am happy with double backhands,serve and volleys.
Problem is:it does not produce spin on forehands so the ball flies.I don't hit extreme spin on fh;i use semi western grip.
I used 16-18 Dunlop Pro Revelation for 6 years,200g is much better in many ways accept the fh.Maybe because of 18-20 strings?

AndrewD
05-03-2005, 04:55 AM
Dunlo, just one word of warning if you are playing tennis on the same day as you go to the gym. A gym work out is anaerobic - you pump the muscles up. A tennis match is basically aerobic - you stretch the muscles out. So be very careful if you've done a workout as there is far greater risk of you tearing a muscle or even just suffering a nasty strain.

Steve F.
05-03-2005, 06:07 AM
18x20 can be less spin friendly, but doesn't need to be. If other aspects of your game are happy with this stick, I'd focus on technique when you're fresh, rather than showing up and hitting out. A few fh drills with your partner to check/adjust your mechanics. Flyers, esp. off the forehand, are also red flags for a dead stringjob imo. try a thinner gauge, search in stringing, there are plenty of spin friendly strings, good luck --

dunlo
05-03-2005, 06:14 AM
I think i am too impatient.This is my only second string 1st was torn too early tough.
I want the stick to make sudden improvement in my game but it is not possible.
When i tried my probraided back to back yeserday,the balls were more spinned with the slaz.