PDA

View Full Version : Why are Silent Partner machines out of stock?

walkman
02-16-2010, 08:32 PM
They have the Lite & Star listed at a sale price & available, but the upper level Rival & Quest machines are all listed as temporarily out of stock.

Is it typical for the company to be out of stock, or is there something else going on with these models?

Icedorb217
02-16-2010, 09:36 PM
To tell you the truth its been werid lately and even check out their stringing machines their cranks and some CPs are outta stock might just be the economy and give them a call and have them answer your questions

walkman
02-17-2010, 06:21 AM
I was wondering if they were clearing inventory to get ready for new models since their website gives the impression they just came out with new lower level modesl.

Bolivian10s
02-17-2010, 12:46 PM
They have the Lite & Star listed at a sale price & available, but the upper level Rival & Quest machines are all listed as temporarily out of stock.

Is it typical for the company to be out of stock, or is there something else going on with these models?

They're out of stock probably because they are selling so many machines on EPAY that they can keep up on ordering parts from China. All it takes is one little part to slow down production and WHAM your stuck waiting.:evil:

tpotter
02-17-2010, 02:45 PM
bolivian10s is dead on...it could be a purchasing delay (one part can bring a company to its knees)...or it could be something more serious...I would ask them, they'll probably be honest about it.

beernutz
02-18-2010, 09:30 AM
I'd bet it has to do this their recent model changes. They have replaced the older Pro style case with the newer Edge case and there are LOTS of Pro demo models available atm on the big auction site.

MonkeyMuggs
02-21-2010, 03:56 PM
I communicated via email with SilentPartner directly and specifically asked, while also generally inquiring, why they had no Quest models available. Their email response was that they were simply "sold out". I was fishing for more information, but that was all I got. I also think it somewhat odd that they are "out". It's probably costing them quite a few sales, and that's not good. It may indicate a problem, and then again maybe not.

The Quest has been unavailable for at least 3 weeks and I was told the earliest they would be in stock was early March. Perhaps they will be, or perhaps they will arrive even earlier. But my experience with other companies is that "things" are often delayed even longer. SP appears to be a great company however, and I would therefore tend to believe them if/when they say early March. I guess more will be revealed and "time will tell".

Anybody else with any further info on above matter?

decades
02-21-2010, 04:04 PM
it's not a good sign. demand for stringing machines isn't really very high, especially in a recession. It's also a highly competitive business, machines are not highly differentiated, and SP is a smaller player. That's usually the time recessions take their toll on companies. I hope I am wrong about this but the signs are there.