PDA

View Full Version : Hailing Jimbo (Jon)!

Bud
02-17-2010, 08:52 AM
Anyone heard from him? I notice he hasn't posted in nearly a month :-?

The last time was January 21... also the last day we corresponded via email about a couple of racquets I'm holding for him.

Can any racquet addict stay away from TT for a whole month without a really good reason?? :D

If anyone's corresponded with Jon since Jan 21... let us know he's OK

Virginia
02-17-2010, 10:17 AM
I posted in another thread about this - he's been in Australia and New Zealand the past month, the main purpose of his trip being to go to the Australian Open. :)

Don't worry as fas as racquet "freakism" is concerned - Jon and I spent three whole hours after dinner one night down in my garage, while I showed him my collection. I swear he must have looked at all 450 of them!

Interestingly, there were quite a few racquets where we had different variations of the same model - fascinating!

Bud
02-17-2010, 05:49 PM
I posted in another thread about this - he's been in Australia and New Zealand the past month, the main purpose of his trip being to go to the Australian Open. :)

Don't worry as fas as racquet "freakism" is concerned - Jon and I spent three whole hours after dinner one night down in my garage, while I showed him my collection. I swear he must have looked at all 450 of them!

Interestingly, there were quite a few racquets where we had different variations of the same model - fascinating!

OK... good to know is he's fine :)

SVP
02-18-2010, 12:19 AM

Virginia,

After an hour, couldn't you have shown him the door (to your garage)? Or offered him a sleeping bag (in your garage)?

peter becker
02-18-2010, 04:08 AM

Hey Virginia, can't wait to catch up with you sometime and and trade stories of our collections

Virginia
02-18-2010, 09:39 AM
After an hour, couldn't you have shown him the door (to your garage)? Or offered him a sleeping bag (in your garage)?
Actually, we didn't even notice the time and anyway, I don't often have the opportunity to show off my treasures to someone who really appreciates them. :)

Hey Virginia, can't wait to catch up with you sometime and and trade stories of our collections
I'm going to Sydney next month and will definitely want to meet up with you and Maxxply (and any other Sydneysiders around).

We're renting an apartment for a week, so will be able to "hold court" (if you'll pardon the pun) in style. :)

gpt
02-18-2010, 03:06 PM
Virginia. I've been through a difficult separation over the past few months and did not have access to my computer. I was at the open this year and it would have been great to have met with you and Jimbo. Maybe next time.

Virginia
02-18-2010, 03:26 PM
Oh, I wasn't at the Open (worse luck) - jimbo was - and then he visited New Zealand for a spell afterwards - that's when he came to stay with me. I take it you live in Melbourne?

gpt
02-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Oh i thought you were at the open. I remembered you live in NZ. I live in Western Victoria about 300 klms from Melbourne.