PDA

View Full Version : Want to reduce grip size

stangaele
02-17-2010, 11:45 AM
Hi guys,
I have three rackets and one of this has a 4 1/2 grip size.I want to lower the grip size but i don't want to shave the handle.
What do you think about tw private leather grip 1.3?Can this help me to reduce the grip size?
Let me know
Daniele

HitItHarder
02-18-2010, 06:01 AM
I have a couple 4 3/8 (Size 3) racquets and typically play with one overgrip. I switched a Head Hydrosorb synthetic to a TW leather 1.3mm grip and felt like I lost about 1/2 a grip size. So I had to add a second overgrip to get it back to the size I wanted.

So I switched to a TW leather 1.5mm grip and I was able to play with just the one overgrip. However, the grip still feels a slight bit smaller than the synthetic grip and overgrip. I can't tell if it is just in my head because I get more feedback on shots with the leather or if it is just a tad smaller. However, I do like the extra weight and plan to play with the leather for a while.

Spyre
02-18-2010, 06:43 AM
Use the TW 1.3 With a thin og like babolat vs or Kirschbaum touch it ultra thin.

Nellie
02-18-2010, 07:08 AM
Laserfiber has a thin grip that is advertised to reduce grip-size by a half size.

Mazilla2219
02-18-2010, 07:30 AM
Laserfiber has a thin grip that is advertised to reduce grip-size by a half size.

Other options include:

Babolat Skin Feel
Karakal PU Super Grip

The Laserfibre grip reducer might be hard to find since their operations have been delayed for some time. The Karakal is easy to find outside the US, esp. in UK, and the only place I have seen it in the US is at Eagnas or Squash/tennis stores. Babolat Skin Feel might be the easiest to acquire as it is sold at TW.

SirGounder
02-18-2010, 08:28 AM
I personally bought the 1.3 mm TW leather grip which decreased the grip size a bit.