PDA

View Full Version : whats the diference between Lm radical mp and Fp radical mp????

Speedy_tennis
05-01-2005, 07:13 AM
only two holes?

Speedy_tennis
05-01-2005, 01:47 PM
------------

doriancito
05-01-2005, 01:50 PM
more control on the flexpoint i guess

Brent Pederson
05-01-2005, 02:17 PM
No, don't be silly. It's not just two holes. It's two holes and a dimple.

montx
05-01-2005, 02:57 PM
A lot of people say they play simalarly, though I would find it hard to believe. My guess is the flexpoint is a real bold step in technology and I would believe its cupping effect could change a lot as far as control is concerned. I would say LM is more power, flexpoint is control

TennisD
05-01-2005, 03:22 PM
A lot of people say they play simalarly, though I would find it hard to believe. My guess is the flexpoint is a real bold step in technology and I would believe its cupping effect could change a lot as far as control is concerned. I would say LM is more power, flexpoint is control
Agreed. They play completely differently.

bamboo
05-01-2005, 11:25 PM
No, don't be silly. It's not just two holes. It's two holes and a dimple.
In the same way a Model T is exactly the same as a Jaguar V-12 - nothing ever changes, right? It's all just marketing lies :D

tennisee
05-02-2005, 12:15 AM
I play with the LM and tried a flexpoint. I thought it was nice, but not much different. It did feel a bit softer (and of course a bit lighter) but really, I could see no compelling reason to change. I thought I could muck about with strings/tensions if I really wanted to try to duplicate the feel off the FP in my LM, as that would make far more difference than the holes. I thought the tour looked interesting though; that might be worth considering - when the next model comes out, that is, and the FPs are being sold cheaply.

federer_nadal
05-02-2005, 02:37 AM
I just recieved my flexpoint radical tour , i only hit for an hour so i only got used to it near the end of that time, there is a big jump between it and my old N61 tours 90 and. It is great from the start i was hitting corners like there was no tomrrow. It has good power level , not to much not to less. I have it strung at 58 but i might try it at 62 next time strung with bb Alu power. It is very stable and easy to move at the net. The grip shape is perfect for my hand and grips

bertrevert
05-02-2005, 05:51 AM
I have it strung at 58 but i might try it at 62 next time strung with bb Alu power. It is very stable and easy to move at the net. The grip shape is perfect for my hand and grips

Well the grip is peculiar to Head, and you either like or not (I do and play with the LM Rad MP) but there is also the argument that with this shape you alsways have a little more grip perpendicular to your shot. I like that analysis.

Good tight tension you use, but you want to go tighter because...? You say you were hitting corners and perhaps going a little long as well? Anyway, to me I find the Liquid Metal in the frame delivers a boost a little like the woofer-effect of Babolats. So you might have to tame that. I know I had to, but not through tension. I have had to adjust my grip to go more Western (after being mainly continental).

I don't like the technology in the Flexpoint, and just have to wonder what it might do... besides it perhaps can be imitated with strings and tension effects... unsure what's the point of Flexpoint?

federer_nadal
05-02-2005, 03:30 PM
I can confirm that it does give me more control, i cant speak for anyone else. It certainly gives me more control thatn my n61 tour 90s. I want to string it higher because the string bed feels very soft. Can you answer this? If i string a 90si head at 58 and a 100si head at 58 would the 90 si one feel tighter? i have found this

05-02-2005, 04:05 PM
The only fear i have for those of you who buy the flexpoints is that it will be gone in year, like all of heads stuff.

05-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Sorry that was a mis-directed vent at head, I should be blaiming/complaining about almost all of the companies not just head.

scez
05-02-2005, 04:17 PM
People are saying that the lm radical has more power, but after looking at specs for the fp radical it seems like it has more power then the lm. Are you guys talking about the tour version when you say the lm radical has more power?

Brent Pederson
05-02-2005, 08:50 PM
They have some flexpoints in my local tennis shop. They have these little blinking lights where the holes are, and I'm thinking "Now finally here's a real advance in racket technology -- blinking lights! But it turns out they're just part of the packaging. If they could figure out a way to power some laser pointers out of the holes by using the intellifibers as an energy source, hey, then you could get some laser-guided aiming device going. Know what I'm saying? Talk about some tech-geeky stuff, then you'd be cookin...

Actually, when I first saw the holy racquets my first thought was "well, here is a solution to where I'm going to hang my car keys while I'm playing."

ormurray
05-03-2005, 04:44 AM
Personally, I think the holes are a gimic and don't do squat. But the radical fp tour is about the best racquet (for me) that I've ever used. Holes or no, the package just works for me. I used to use the radicals, but the extra weight of the fp tour - together with whatever else goes into the mix - added the extra stability I needed on low backhands and tough volleys. The more open string patern gave me just the extra spin I needed on serves. In a word, the racquet gives me "confidence" on some shots where I have always been tentative. I just try not to think about the holes.

federer_nadal
05-03-2005, 02:34 PM
the holes are really really small in the middle like about smaller than one millimetre diameter