PDA

View Full Version : Masters @ Roma! Some Questions...

Misiti99
05-01-2005, 08:05 AM
is Moya hurt...will he be playing Rome? I heard he retired for a shoulder problem?
Also...Anyone know what section Gasquet is in?
Who are the other qualifiers?
and who do you like?
Radek Stepanek or Mario Ancic first round?

rhubarb
05-01-2005, 08:11 AM
Moya said he was going to Rome, but wasn't sure whether he would be able to play. We await further news.

Gasquet is playing his second round qualifying match right now. If he wins he's in, if he's doesn't he has to wait for a lucky loser spot, which he should be the first one to get. The Rome website has a piece on the other qualifiers, and the draw http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/posting/2005/416/MDS.pdf will get updated with them later I expect.

I still think Nadal is the favourite.

gustavo33
05-01-2005, 11:26 AM
possible 2nd round: agassi x gasquet

Vlad
05-01-2005, 12:05 PM
possible 2nd round: agassi x gasquet

Not only possible but very likely second round match. Richard will beat Paradorn who is at his worst on clay, and Andre will win against a WC.. however I would not put my money on Andre to beat Gasquet... unless coniditions will be pretty fast. Gasquet can match him in power department, has bigger serve and a much better mover.

efice32
05-01-2005, 12:21 PM
potential 3rd round: coria vs. nalbandian

Nadal by far has the best draw...1st rnd: Youzhny /2nd rnd: Melzer /3rd rnd: Canas /QF's: Safin (but he probably wont get there because he's not his best on clay)/ SF's: Gaudio (might lose in the semis to moya) / F: Roddick (also probably won't get there)

these are his matchups if the higher ranked person wins every match (also unlikely)

Canas and Gaudio/Moya are the only claycourters he would have to play the whole tournament

lagranwilly
05-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Roddick on the finals?mmm not sure about that
i think we will see perhaps the same final of last year's french open