PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Diablo MP and O3 Tour

Slaz
05-01-2005, 08:11 AM
If you only take the specs into account, these two sticks look pretty similar.

So what are the main differences between them when you play with ?

Here is the specs Diablo MP than O3 tour
Head size: 100 sq. in. / 100 sq. in.
Length: 27.25 inches / 27 inches
Strung Weight: 11.7oz / 11.6oz
Balance: 10pts Head Light / 7pts Head Light
Swingweight: 316 / 327
Stiffness: 62 / 61
Beam Width: 19 mm Straight Beam / 18-20 mm Tapered Beam
Composition: High Modulus Graphite with Titanium and Tungsten
String Pattern (both) : 16 Mains / 18 Crosses

Thanks ;)

gogeta087
05-01-2005, 04:21 PM
The specs look the same, but O3 has the new "sweet spot enlargement circles" im guessing, and from what the meter says, the tour has 25 more power points!...wow?

Slaz
05-02-2005, 02:05 PM
Just a little up.

Nobody has something to say ?

saf
05-03-2005, 05:32 AM
They hit differently. I think the Tour o3 has more spin potential, but where it sticks out the most, in comparison with the Diablo, is that it is MUCH better on the volley and slightly better on the serve.

ismashall
05-03-2005, 07:19 AM
O3 TOUR. Worst Racquet Of 2005. No Feel, Minimal Sweetspot, Completely Dead.

ollinger
05-03-2005, 07:44 AM
I haven't had a chance to try 03 Tour but the best proshop in my area tells me about 10 people have had the demo out and nobody has had anything all that good to say. Diablo lacked stability and power when I used it.
________
Nexium Side Effect (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/nexium/)

saf
05-03-2005, 09:40 AM
To quote you Ismashall "O3 TOUR. Worst Racquet Of 2005. No Feel, Minimal Sweetspot, Completely Dead. "

No offense intended at all, but It seems that many think differently. Of course, that's going to be the case with any racquet. Some hate the PD and some think it is the greatest!

I understand why you might say no feel because it has a little bit of a muted feel. However, I don't think it's hammpered Coaria's drop shot. I played a 5.0 college player using it the other day and it did not hamper his touch. I think the muted feel is from the large sweet spot and decrease in vibration (easy on arm).

Where I really have to differ in your statement is the sweetspot statement. Not sure what you are comparing it to, but I think the racquet it VERY forgiving in that department.

It all depends on who you talk to. Like EVERY other racquet. It has strengths and weaknesses. There is no racquet that is the BEST at everything. It's all give and take. Just the way it is. Plus what suits your style the best.

If you want a well balanced racquet that is easy on the arm with good spin potential, give it a shot. Might consider a little customization.

Not sure I'm going to make the switch, but I like it. Currently using a 13.2 oz customized PPRti. 5.0 former college player and current coach/teaching pro.

Just my thoughts.

Thanks!

ismashall
05-03-2005, 11:25 AM
I guess there is a possibility that the racket the prince rep dropped off at the shop is defective. It must be just a lemon because all of the employees were literally disgusted with the way it hit. It was amazing how each stringer had a go with it and returned proclaiming it "crap." I would want to try an O3T setup that somebody likes, to make sure. Otherwise, I sincerely hope the store does not stock these. I would have a difficult time keeping a straight face when customers ask me, "How does this one hit?" Maybe I could get away with saying it's "Craptacular."

saf
05-04-2005, 10:47 AM
I'm trying to be as objective as possible with this stick. Being a teaching pro and coach I get all kinds of racquets in my hands. I used Wilson all through college (mostly 6.1 classic). I have a good friend that is a Vokl rep, so he lets me test drive them all. REally like the Tour 10. I have another friend that is a Prince rep, and they do great things for our program. My wife and many friends use the PD. Nice stick, but my arm cannot handle it (too stiff).

I hit again last night with the Tour o3. I think it needs to be strung loose. Around 58. I have added a lot of lead (15 grams - 10 head and 5 handle), as I like heavy racquets (12.3 oz total). I don't think that much is necessary though. Other friends are playing without near that much (5 grams head). I played a student last night whom is probably one of the states better players. Big serve around 120+ish. I returned very well and my baseline game is better with it than with my old PPRtis. I like how the racquet pockets the ball and gives me the extra spin/control. Similar to the POG in that regard. I think my spin serves are better with this racquet. Solid in the front court also. The only setback is my flat serve. However, that is probably attributed to the fact that the flex rating is 61 vs the 65 of my PPRti. As stated earlier give and take. A stick cannot do it all.

Just my opinion though, and Hope this helps...

Rumjungle
05-04-2005, 04:17 PM
I'm no expert, but I've hit with both and found them to be very similar performing sticks. The 03 seemed like a slight improvement in terms of mobility and power while the Diablo has slightly better feel. But that's only my opinion. As you probably know, the best way to find out is to give it a try.

Slaz
05-05-2005, 01:08 AM
Yup i really should give it a try. But unfortunatly in the place where i live, no shops have the o3 to test ...

I'll have to meet friends who have friends who play with the o3 :D

saf
05-05-2005, 05:32 AM
Slaz, demo it through TW. They'll mail you one! Good luck!