PDA

View Full Version : Yonex balls

Peter Szucs
02-18-2010, 10:58 AM
Yonex is launching their tennis ball range... I got a can for testing from the local Yonex dealer and have to tell you that they are the best balls i have tried in my 10 years of tennis experience.

tsongaali
02-18-2010, 04:25 PM
best in what ways? Be more specific, just saying they are the best makes you seem biased.

Fedace
02-18-2010, 04:49 PM
best in what ways? Be more specific, just saying they are the best makes you seem biased.

Its Yonex. that means the ball must last 30 hours at least... engineers are geniuses..

ollinger
02-18-2010, 06:35 PM
How "good" can a ball be? They're all engineered to meet the same specs. Or will Yonex offer the isometric "square" ball?

jswinf
02-18-2010, 06:42 PM
^^^^Square balls sound pretty interesting, never thought of it before. Bet you could get some mean spin on a serve if you caught a corner just right.

scraps234
02-18-2010, 07:19 PM
Yeah yonex has some great products... haven't tried the balls yet but I think they sounds great

LafayetteHitter
02-18-2010, 07:38 PM
Mojo mentioned in another thread that Vokl is releasing a ball. The bad news for these companies is that they will probably contain 2 percent of the market at best because everyone seems to buy the same balls. I have been shocked to see Dunlop actually catch on somewhat locally here in the last year. I'm happy though because the Dunlops seem to maintain bounce very well.

Peter Szucs
02-18-2010, 09:08 PM

Great feel, a little on the lighter side but did not fly on me, easy to play with, and lasted longer than the balls i normally play with... of course thats just my view

3balls per can, two types i saw: training and tour, i tried the tour

0d1n
02-19-2010, 06:16 AM
How "good" can a ball be? They're all engineered to meet the same specs. Or will Yonex offer the isometric "square" ball?

You've got to be kidding. "All balls are not created equal" !
Premium Dunlops are far far better than all Wilson/Head/Penn balls I've tried.
"Better" means that they are playable and remain playable for a longer time. Wilsons and Head/Penn's for example are playable for half the time that a Dunlop Fort or Dunlop Roland Garros ball is (in my experience).