PDA

View Full Version : Any replacement grips that can increase handle 1 grip size?

tennis005
02-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Title says it all.

HitItHarder
02-19-2010, 11:02 AM
Not that I am aware of. I wanted to do this and ended up using one of TW heat shrink sleeves, which works very well. However, it does add around 15g to the handle after it is trimmed and in place.

To keep the weight and balance in place, you almost have to switch the pallets.

Or you can just add two overgrips. That should increase a grip by approximately one grip size. Each overgrip is about 1/16 inch. One grip size is equal to 1/8 inch. It just rounds the bevels some, especially if you already play with an overgrip.

Another option I have heard of is to use 1/8 inch thick pieces of balsa wood cut to the dimensions of the bevels and grip -- or tear and place pieces of duct tape on each handle bevel to build the grip. But I haven't tried these myself. Both of these will add weight as well.

tennis005
02-19-2010, 03:21 PM
Thanks. I see alot of threads on how to downsize a grip but not many on how to increase one.

Greek Goliath
02-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Thanks. I see alot of threads on how to downsize a grip but not many on how to increase one.

Is this on the HEADs in your signature? In that case, you could purchase HEAD replacement pallets, in either the regular shape or the Youtek Speed (Wilson-like) shape and install them; problem is that they are only available in TW Europe, so shipping would be a ***** if you're in the States, and the pallets are only available up to size 3.

Cheers,

Greek Goliath

tennis005
02-19-2010, 06:50 PM
No, this is on a wilson racket I have. Just out of curiosity, how exactly do you install replacement pallets on Head rackets? I asked my pro shop and they're response was, " You can put replacement pallets on Head rackets?"

Greek Goliath
02-20-2010, 03:24 PM
No, this is on a wilson racket I have. Just out of curiosity, how exactly do you install replacement pallets on Head rackets? I asked my pro shop and they're response was, " You can put replacement pallets on Head rackets?"

I think I remember seeing a video somewhere...

I'll dig it up and put it on the other thread.

Cheers,

Greek Goliath