PDA

View Full Version : Lead Tour 90

Amit
05-01-2005, 12:24 PM
Where and how much lead do u guys put in ur tour 90s? Btw i have an asian tour 90 which is slightly ligher, would that make my lead positions different? Right now im concerned with the off center hits which can really jarr my elbow and lead to some mediocre shots. Im thinking of about a couple grams at 3 and 9.

Amit
05-01-2005, 08:58 PM
I would really like to know ^_^ just so i can experiment, its fairly good stock tho

pchoi04
05-01-2005, 09:25 PM
If you think its good then I would leave it, unless its seriously lacking something but it doesnt hurt to experiment. Just try a bunch of different things. Its all about trial and error.

anirut
05-01-2005, 09:58 PM
Hi Amit:

You'll have to consider many factors before adding lead because the static and swing weights and the balance will change.

My Tour 90 says on the shaft 315 grams. I added 18 grams of lead to make it 350 grams strung (with "under-grip"). I adjusted the balance from stock's 8.8 HL to around 6 HL. Yes, the racket becomes more cubersome at net but easier at the baseline.

You don't need rocket science to adjust the balance and all, but I don't know what the new swing weight will be. That needs rocket science equipment.

BreakPoint
05-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Hey Amit,
Could you please give us a review of how you like your Asian nSix-One Tours so far? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bo
05-02-2005, 01:19 AM
Have you tried lowering the tension a bit? Because of the dense string pattern in the middle, the T90 really plays like a 18/20. I had mine strung at 63 lbs now, which is 4 lbs lower than my usual tension with a 16/18 85 sq in racket. I have put 2 grams each at 3, 9 & 12 o'clock position. Mine you, my T90 is the US (heavier) version with the leather grip removed, some lead tape in the grip, and the strung weight is now 366 g with bablance at 5.5 HL. I am still considering lower the tension a bit more to add more sting/depth to my second serve.

Amit
05-02-2005, 01:45 PM
The asian tour 90 is very good! I was a little concerned on the stability vs the us version, but its quite acceptable. It only lacks a little on the serve, otherwise very manuvarable, and just a little more forginving than the us version. Quite frankly i didnt like the us version much, this one also seems to have a little higher sweetspot, which is bigger and more forgiving. Overall it feels alot eisier to swing all out, and make casual mistakes here and there. Im no expert on rackets, but all i can really say is that it feels alot better. Many of my friends have been convinced to switch, and I was quite surprised. Also theres room for lead customization, and on a side note its probally the closest we can get to using federers exact racket, minus the lead. More lead setups appriciated, i want to know where to start.

Amit
05-02-2005, 03:19 PM
sorry repost