PDA

View Full Version : Results form Demoing Aeropro Control + and Pure Drive +

Xevoius
05-01-2005, 01:24 PM
So I usually play with a slightly weighted (12.8oz) POG OS but felt that I could use just a little bit more pop from my stringbed to help with cranking winners from the baseline and to help get some free points off my first serve. I feel that I can hit these shots effectively with the POG but you know how it is when you get an idea in your head...

So I took the Aeropro Control + and the Pure Drive + out for a test drive. Right off the bat the Pure Drive felt too light so it was a good think that I brought along a strip of lead tape. Even after applying some tape to the tip, I felt that all it did was cause my shots to sail long.

I felt I could hit huge shots with the Pure Drive but it also seemed that if I missed, I missed by miles. I had a hard time getting a big bomber serve to stay in as it was either in the net or long. It was a really effective racquet for hitting 3/4 effort shots as but this is not my comfortable playstyle.

The Aeropro Control + was a much more stable racquet and I was finally able to hit the huge bombers that I was hoping for. I probably got an extra 15mph on my serve and I even stuffed one through the net which I had never done before. I play with a one-handed backhand and was able to strike the ball very cleanly with this stick as well. The only problem and which turns out to be a major one was that fact that I could not get enough whip with the racquet on my forehands to put away the short balls my opponent was coughing up after my trying to return my first serve. I kept hitting the ball 3 feet long which totally removed the confidence I have in my forehand.

I think that I need to demo the Aeropro Control standard length stick to see if I can still throw down some heavy serves and get the whip back on my forehand for short ball put-aways.

But for now, it is back to my old POG OS sticks.

Oh, one more thing, I also got a little bit of shoulder crunch when hitting with the Pure Drive. This was the reason I switched back to my POGs in the first place and I believe is the result of playing with too light of a racqet. Both my shoulder and elbow felt a little tender after just one set with the Pure Drive.