PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Tutor battery control panel light

gaoldf
02-20-2010, 09:28 AM
I bought an old tennis tutor model 2 that had no charger. I replaced the batteries, replaced the control panel and found a power adapter that had the right connection and was 12v/3ah.

The 1st time I plugged it in with the new batteries the control panel light showed yellow and did not change. I then used the machine for about an hour and came back and plugged in the adapter and the control panel light was red. It never changed from red. So I pulled the top off again and put a voltmeter to the batteries and the batteries were charged - but the light still shows red.

I assume my power adapter is causing the control panel light not to register correctly. How many hours should I charge the batteries with the 3ah power adapter, it's the same amp's as the quick charger. I think the quick charger says to charge for 3 hours ? What can cause the control panel light not to show green when the batteries are charged ?

tpotter
02-20-2010, 06:01 PM
I would call Tennis Tutor directly - they are very helpful with this kind of thing...my concern would be your charger is not rated to work with the machine you bought. On the flip side, if the lights aren't working but the machine is charging then just be careful not to leave the charger in for a super long time like over 48 hours, unless you have a trickle charger, then it's ok

jazzyfunkybluesy
02-20-2010, 06:09 PM
I bought an old tennis tutor model 2 that had no charger. I replaced the batteries, replaced the control panel and found a power adapter that had the right connection and was 12v/3ah.

The 1st time I plugged it in with the new batteries the control panel light showed yellow and did not change. I then used the machine for about an hour and came back and plugged in the adapter and the control panel light was red. It never changed from red. So I pulled the top off again and put a voltmeter to the batteries and the batteries were charged - but the light still shows red.

I assume my power adapter is causing the control panel light not to register correctly. How many hours should I charge the batteries with the 3ah power adapter, it's the same amp's as the quick charger. I think the quick charger says to charge for 3 hours ? What can cause the control panel light not to show green when the batteries are charged ?

Sorry to hear that. Talk to Ron in service at Sports Tutor. He is the man. He will solve your issue. Let me know how it turns out.

800-448-8867 Pacific Time

f1 tech
03-18-2010, 07:59 AM
I have the same problem. I plugged the charger in and it never charged. The red light just stayed red. Did you fix it?