PDA

View Full Version : Head Radical Tennis Balls

DavidGarcia
02-20-2010, 02:55 PM
What are these balls like?

Which is the Penn version for these balls?

And...how do they compare to the ATP balls?

parasailing
04-27-2010, 11:45 AM
If you are referring to the two tone ones, they are a bit heavy and stiff initially but I like how they keep their bounce. For some, it could be distracting due to the two tone color but I like them overall for general use. The felt stays on better than than general Penns, Wilson, and Dunlop balls.

I have them in my ball hopper and they make for great hitting balls.

fgs
04-27-2010, 12:12 PM
i ordered a dozen to try them out and here are my findings:
the ball has really great touch for the price. my regulars are dunlop fort all court and they are a little bit less controllable, probably due to a more elastic core than the dunlops. i play on clay courts only and the felt goes off somewhat quicker than on the dunlops. we are quite heavy hitters and we went through a set of radicals (4 balls) in two hours. usually we have an hour of quite heavy hitting practice and for the remainder of our court time, after we have gone through all the rally-schemes we play some sets.
the radicals have provided a really enjoyable 2 hours session. while they don't lose much pressure in this time and still have good ballistics (felt goes off evenly - we're both heavy topspin hitters), they wouldn't be usable for another session. the dunlops would be lasting about 3 hours in our practice sessions, so we basically use two times fresh balls and the third time we take all the 8 balls from the previous sessions and finish them off.

parasailing
04-27-2010, 01:40 PM
If you are referring to the two tone ones, they are a bit heavy and stiff initially but I like how they keep their bounce. For some, it could be distracting due to the two tone color but I like them overall for general use. The felt stays on better than than general Penns, Wilson, and Dunlop balls.

I have them in my ball hopper and they make for great hitting balls.

I just realize I posted the wrong review, got this mixed up with the Penn Radical.

Murray_Fan
04-29-2010, 10:23 AM
very hard and stiff but they get a bit fuzzy after a while

Wilsonbro11
12-08-2012, 05:12 PM
what store do you even get the head radicals from i have only seen them online