PDA

View Full Version : New racquet

gogeta087
05-01-2005, 04:16 PM
Uh yeah, im an 11 year old thats 5"3 right now and im using a wilson impact racquethere (http://www.wilson.com/wilson/products/product_specs.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442311 623&bmUID=1114885064090) , and im starting to save up for a new one, although it will take a few months, so ill be 5' 4"-5" by then, and im wondering if i should buy a prince 03 racquet(not sure which one...)click here (http://www.princetennis.com/product/product_gallery.asp?categoryid=37) or stick to head, and get a flexpoint racquet(find it yourself, i dont feel like waiting for the stuff to load). I was wondering if any of you could recommend one. thanks ^^

nViATi
05-01-2005, 04:53 PM
we'd need to know what your style of play is, how good you are, what you want in a racquet, and what you don't like about your current racquet.

aj_m2009
05-01-2005, 04:54 PM
Yes, that info would help a lot.

mistapooh
05-01-2005, 08:41 PM
Judging by your racket currently, I suggest something a little bit lighter and more forgiving. Try a Ti.Radical os/mp.

Steve H.
05-02-2005, 01:06 AM
gogeta087, getting a new racquet isn't a bad idea, yours is made of titanium alloy and that isn't as good as one with graphite in it. The O3 and Flexpoint are good racquets, but since they are new models they are very expensive. But you could also get a good racquet that isn't as new so you don't need to spend a lot of money, so you don't have to save as long -- for about $50 you could get a Ti.Radical OS as mistapooh says, or else a Yonex RQ-Ti Power Standard or a Head i.X5. Hope this helps -- have fun!

ssjkyle31
05-02-2005, 05:15 AM
I agree, you don't have to spend that much money for a racket at your age. I think a Wilson surge would be perfect since it is wilson clone of a Babolat PD. If you need a lighter racket, a Head I radical or TT bandit will suit your needs.

gogeta087
05-06-2005, 02:29 PM
thanks for the suggestions ^^

As for my play style, im a volleyer usually(unless the person hits it deep >>), im still a beginner ^^;; well im 11 what did you expect -_-;;, and im looking for a racket thats pretty light that offers control but still has power to back it up(sort of like the O3...red i think, or the airdrive but with more control). As for what i dont like about it, the strings become too loose way too quickly( yeah that can be fixed with new strings but shaddup <<),im guessing that its made with titanium is a bad thing, and it doesnt really suit my playing style when i play games...

tom4ny
05-06-2005, 02:40 PM
gogeta, these guys gave you some good suggestions and you also have the ones that you're favoring. while you're saving your $$, spend a few bucks to demo 3-4 of them. don't demo them all at the same time during the same session. take one out one day, then another out the next, and try each at least twice for a few hours. you'll then find the one you prefer most and that helps your game.

good luck.

donnyz89
05-06-2005, 02:48 PM
for your level, u r prolly looking for a beginners racquet. big head size, light... at your level the racquet is not a huge deal. work on your game and then you will REALLY know what u need and not just any new racquet. and i dont think u really know what u need or how u play until u at least get a few years of tennis under your belt.

aj_m2009
05-06-2005, 02:54 PM
From what you described I've came up with a list of racquets you might want to look at(but be aware I've never used any of them except the Bandit OS but I had a broken arm at the time so that doesn't really count):

1. Prince Air DB MP
2. Shark MP
3. Airlaunch MP or OS
4. More Approach OS
5. More Attack MP
6. Thunder Cloud OS
7. Diablo XP OS
8. Triple Threat Bandit OS or MP
9. TT Hornet MP
10. TT Scream OS or MP
11. Turbo Beast OS or MP
12. Turbo Outlaw OS or MP

I hope that helps you.

erik-the-red
05-06-2005, 02:56 PM
Regardless of your style, I recommend a nice, heavy racquet.

Try the Prince Original Graphite.

ssjkyle31
05-06-2005, 03:11 PM
If you have a coach, he can make some suggestions. Just play with the heavest racket you can swing. Also you should try to purchase at least two of the same rackets. If you aspire to play tournaments or even high school, at least you have a backup, instead of borrowing an unfamiliar racket at a critical point in your match.

Grimjack
05-06-2005, 03:15 PM
I just think it's really cool that you've planned your growth spurts ahead of time. That must make it a lot easier to buy you clothes.

Get a Prince Shark. They're not bad, and have a nifty name.

gogeta087
05-06-2005, 03:20 PM
I just think it's really cool that you've planned your growth spurts ahead of time. That must make it a lot easier to buy you clothes.

Get a Prince Shark. They're not bad, and have a nifty name.

i tried one but i didnt like it much....:(

as for the growth spurts, i have to plan them ahead of time o.o im already wearing shirts that were meant for next winter o.o. and im already almost 5' 4" only a quarter of an inch to go!

antontd
05-06-2005, 03:22 PM
I recommend this one:
http://www.princetennis.com/product/product_detail.asp?CategoryID=37&Product=1046

I don't know how it plays, but the name is cool :mrgreen:

gogeta087
05-06-2005, 03:23 PM
I recommend this one:
http://www.princetennis.com/product/product_detail.asp?CategoryID=37&Product=1046

I don't know how it plays, but the name is cool :mrgreen:

wow the name is cool...and its green O.O MUST BUY!!!

Grimjack
05-06-2005, 03:28 PM
i tried one but i didnt like it much....:(

as for the growth spurts, i have to plan them ahead of time o.o im already wearing shirts that were meant for next winter o.o. and im already almost 5' 4" only a quarter of an inch to go!

Man, that is wicked cool. I grew up once, too. But I never had any idea when it was going to happen.

But I grew up in the 70's, and bell bottoms and disco shirts were sized kinda big anyway, so even when I got a little bigger, I had some room to work with. Mom dressed me funny.

I think I played with a Prince Aluminum at that time. It worked out pretty well for me. Got a scholarship and everything when I got older. Maybe you should give it a try! There's bound to be some on ****.

Failing that, just get anything but a Babolat. Get a Babolat and you'll look like just another mindless undead 11-yr-old Babolat-wielding drone, lurching around the court in a blind topspin-lust. You don't want that. Old people will shake their fists at you.

antontd
05-06-2005, 03:48 PM
Grimjack, I remember when I was young, the Beetles were popular... just kidding.
But you are not right about the Babolats. There is nothing wrong being "another mindless undead 11-yr-old Babolat-wielding drone, lurching around the court in a blind topspin-lust" Nadal has surprisingly many admirers...

tom4ny
05-06-2005, 03:56 PM
just cuz he's 11 doesnt mean that he shouldnt get the racquet he wants just like you all did.

get what you like, and get the shoes you like and the clothes you like too. you can be more practical later ... when you're an old fart like me.

gogeta087
05-06-2005, 03:59 PM
ahh get the babolats away...me no like zombie!