PDA

View Full Version : rossi f200 situation

teachingprotx
02-22-2010, 06:19 PM
wow..i had a heck of a time restringing a freinds rossi f200 yesterday...i use a babolat constant pull machine at my club and barely had enough room for the sidearms to hold the racket in place...finally with alot of manueverin' i got it..but im glad i didnt have to string it tight otherwise im afraid i wouldve cracked that puppy.. anyone else have that problem???:???:

coachrick
02-22-2010, 09:29 PM
wow..i had a heck of a time restringing a freinds rossi f200 yesterday...i use a babolat constant pull machine at my club and barely had enough room for the sidearms to hold the racket in place...finally with alot of manueverin' i got it..but im glad i didnt have to string it tight otherwise im afraid i wouldve cracked that puppy.. anyone else have that problem???:???:

Ha! You should have tried to string the F200 on the very popular Model D Ektelon machine of the early '80s. Even as a two-point mount, the Model D couldn't properly support the throat brace. Later models of the Ektelon handled that problem

Depending on the Bab machine you're using, it MIGHT be possible to flip the racket end to end and get proper support by mounting 'backwards'. Again, that depends on the model machine you have. It's been quite a while since I faced that problem.