PDA

View Full Version : What is the best Serve-Volley frame within these parameters?

AndrewD
05-02-2005, 04:14 AM
Looking for a bit of input within certain parameters.

1) The racquet is for a 'pure' serve-volley player who lives and dies by ability to serve big and get in to the net

2) It is for a player who competes on medium fast hardcourts so faces a lot of baseline basher types with heavy topspin and one speed only

3) The racquet needs to be manouverable at net

4) The racquet needs to have good power for serves. Ideal would be good, controllable power.

5) Racquet needs to be very spin-friendly for serves and approach shots

6) Racquet needs to be sub $120 US. (ah, there's the catch)

7) Choice of racquet can be either midplus or oversize but not under 93sq over 107sq.

7b) Racquet must be standard length -27inches

7c) A reason for your choice would also be great.

One that had sprung to mind was the TT Warrior (midplus and over) but after that Im stumped.

Morpheus
05-02-2005, 04:20 AM
With the $100 constraint you effectively rule out all current rackets. Why not eliminate that constraint and then screen the results based on price? You may be able to pick up a couple used.

The PK Core1 type 6 or the new T325 come to mind, although the 325 is 27.5" so that may disqualify it.

thejackal
05-02-2005, 04:43 AM
Tour 95 with some lead?

AndrewD
05-02-2005, 04:47 AM
Thanks Morpheus, you reminded me of the length issue so Ive just edited the first post to include that element.

I think you must have caught a glimpse of the post before my first edit. I've changed the pricing limitation from $100 to $120.

Don't think that excluding current or newly released racquets is a problem. Just asking people to put on the thinking caps and see what they can come up with. The TT Warrior is one option as is thejackal's suggestion of the Tour95.

bertrevert
05-02-2005, 05:03 AM
AndrewD, moving on from the POG, or seeking to complement that with another racquet for different elements in your game? I don't know how are you going to combine playing with two quite different beasts?

Interesting price limit - may work for you by excluding current technologies which I understand you dont like too much anyway :) - and so find a basic classic racquet shape. Did you ever give teh Muscleweave 200g a go? You'd have to find this thin-beam beaut secondhand though. I reckon finding the right thing secondhand is a bit of a stretch. Secondhand is just luck and impossible if you've set your mind on a make and model. Reason is, that make and model never turn up when you want one. The 200g was pretty steady but nice to chop and change at the net.

aj_m2009
05-02-2005, 05:07 AM
Tour 95 with some lead?

I've heard some people say this is a good S&V racquet, I will know for my self in a bit, but for now I take their word for it.

johnmcc516
05-02-2005, 05:23 AM
The Tour 95 is a good racquet. Its much cheaper than the nCode and a bit heavier. Very solid. I got to hit with one for the first time this weekend, and it hit very similar to the nCode Tour 90 that I demoed a month ago.

AndrewD
05-02-2005, 05:43 AM
bertrevert,

moving on from the POG which was destroyed (and I dont use that word lightly) in a car accident.

On a more fortunate note, after returning to tennis from a few years break my serve has finally decided to come to the party. So, what was a pretty limited game the last 6 months - inconsistant, serve awol, volleys still good, groundstrokes scatchy- has started to gel into its former, younger self -big first serve, lots of spin on first and second, heavy accurate slice out to forehand court, big kicker to backhand, lots of punch and touch on volleys and half-volleys.

As I'm pretty much the only guy at our tennis club that serve-volleys on both first and second serve (and chip charges on return) they've had me working with the junior players who rarely see anyone coming in to net behind their serve. However, those little buggers have bloody big returns, hit the ball very hard and with a lot of spin. The POG just doesn't cut it on a medium-fast surface against players like that, of that calibre (one being the #1 12 and under in the world- don't laugh, he's pretty lethal LOL) and with someone of my age -36.

So, need something with a bit more grunt. Have had wrist problems so was using a midsize frame but to play at that standard and in that way I need something a bit more 'potent'. Don't want to spend a fortune as I may get some assistance in the near future.

AndrewD
05-02-2005, 05:45 AM
johnmcc516,

given what Ive just outlined, how do you feel the Tour 95 goes for power? I was under the impression that it's pretty limited in stock form and still not got much grunt when leaded up?

aj_m2009, when you do find out I'd be curious to hear your opinion of it.

aj_m2009
05-02-2005, 05:53 AM
aj_m2009, when you do find out I'd be curious to hear your opinion of it.

Ok, no problem. I should get the racquet either today or tomorrow and I will probably go to practice the day I get it so you should here back by Wednesday my time.

aj_m2009
05-02-2005, 05:58 AM
BTW, here is the thread I started asking about the PS Tour 95:http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=45174&highlight=Pro+staff+tour+95. I thought it might interest you a bit.

AndrewD
05-02-2005, 06:02 AM
aj_m2009, thanks mate I'll keep an eye out. Do let me know what you think the effects would be -on arm, shoulder and wrist- serving pretty big over the course of 3 or 4 sets. That's the kind of mule work I do with the juniors so I need something that's not going to start dragging after one or two sets.

Apart from that I put together a short list of
TT Warrior - mp and os
iRadical - mp and os
Airstick -mp
MoreBalance - mp

Heard good things about the first two but unsure about the last two.

aj_m2009
05-02-2005, 06:19 AM
aj_m2009, thanks mate I'll keep an eye out. Do let me know what you think the effects would be -on arm, shoulder and wrist- serving pretty big over the course of 3 or 4 sets. That's the kind of mule work I do with the juniors so I need something that's not going to start dragging after one or two sets.

Anytime, and I'll be sure to do that. I think I serve pretty big for someone my age so that's something I'll be looking at too. But then again I'm only 13 so I may not serve as big as I think lol. And my comments may not be great since I am changing to something that is completely different from what I have now so...yeah, I think you get the point lol. But I have been known to do pretty good with racquets the first time I use them lol(except with the Pure Drive, I hated that thing). Anyway...I'll be sure to post comments as soon as I can.

Apart from that I put together a short list of
TT Warrior - mp and os
iRadical - mp and os
Airstick -mp
MoreBalance - mp

Heard good things about the first two but unsure about the last two.

Now I can't help with any of those, I was gonna demo the TT Warrior MP but never got a chance.:( Anyway...good luck with your decision.

volleyman
05-02-2005, 06:38 AM
The Tour 95 is an excellent racquet for what you want.

You should also look for a used Slazenger X-1 - it's tailor made for the serve-and-volleyer, and you can find them for about $70-$85 used, in good condition.

AndrewD
05-02-2005, 06:39 AM
thanks again aj. Just remember, at your age, there's no hurry or need to add lead to the racquet. Power will come in time so work on technique and dont think you need to lead it up just because others here say the racquet requires it -they are adults after all so can easily handle the heavier weights. The kid I mentioned, #1, 12 and under Bernie Tomic, was just using a Wilson H-Tour, a pretty light frame, in stock form and he's managed to get pretty darn good LOL.

aj_m2009
05-02-2005, 06:41 AM
You should also look for a used Slazenger X-1 - it's tailor made for the serve-and-volleyer, and you can find them for about $70-$85 used, in good condition.

Where on earth are you finding these X-1s at? I've never seen an X-1 at that price. I've seen Tour 95s for that price but never an X-1.

aj_m2009
05-02-2005, 06:45 AM
thanks again aj. Just remember, at your age, there's no hurry or need to add lead to the racquet. Power will come in time so work on technique and dont think you need to lead it up just because others here say the racquet requires it -they are adults after all so can easily handle the heavier weights. The kid I mentioned, #1, 12 and under Bernie Tomic, was just using a Wilson H-Tour, a pretty light frame, in stock form and he's managed to get pretty darn good LOL.

No prob, and you don't have to worry about that, I've never put lead on a frame before and I don't plan to. And besides, I have no clue where to get lead anyway lol. Plus my game isn't really built around power, it's more of a counterpunch type game, and it works pretty well at the moment without a lot of power so I'm not too worried about it. But thanks for being concerned, I appreciate it.

brian.sat
05-02-2005, 07:07 AM
Slazenger X1. Check their comments.

Morpheus
05-02-2005, 07:32 AM
Andrew, maybe you should just use whatever it is that McEnroe uses. Sounds like your styles have things in common and as he has aged he has had to add some juice to his frame.

You might like the Volkl C-10 or even a C-7 with some lead if you can find one. Not sure what he's using today.

AndrewD
05-02-2005, 07:33 AM
Ive heard a lot of good things about the Slaz X1. Unfortunately, here in Australia it retails for $200 minimum. Even buying through the net the price seems greater than I want.

ferrari_827
05-02-2005, 07:47 AM
If you can get your hands on a Yonex Ti70 long, it is a serve and volley machine. Certainly the best S&V racket I've ever played with.

But that being said, don't put too much emphasis on the racket, it's your technique which counts. No racket will instantly turn you into a s/v expert if you don't have the necessary technique. S/V is more technical than a baseline game trust me.

AndrewD
05-02-2005, 08:14 AM
ferrari_827,

thanks very much. Technique isn't a problem at all. My style has always been serve-volley and Im lucky enough to play that game pretty well, which is why they've got me hitting with the junior players. Just need something with a bit more zip to it to make up for the 36 years Im dragging around these days LOL.

Appreciate the Yonex suggestion although I should also have put in that I want to keep things to Head, Wilson or Prince. Just a personal preference as Ive never quite been able to come to grips with the Yonex head shape.

ferrari_827
05-02-2005, 08:30 AM
The IPrestige is a very good serve and volley racket, although the midsize might be a bit on the small side. The IPrestige provides really good placement and pace and it's not too heavy (12.1oz). Maneuverability is top notch.

AndrewD
05-02-2005, 09:00 AM
ferrari_827,

so Im finding out. Since my wrist problems Ive been using a Prestige Pro which is just an earlier version of the i-Prestige. Agree it is a lovely racquet with excellent placement and control plus good manouverability at net and if I was just playing at a lower level or playing on dirt courts I might go with it but, unfortunately, Im finding it a bit limited power-wise. A few years ago, no troubles, but a step or two slower these days and it's not quite suitable. Against the better juniors or top open level players and the way they hit the ball these days Im just getting caught too often in no-man's land. While I hit a pretty good half-volley its tough doing that every second shot over 3 or 4 sets.

You can serve-volley with pretty much any frame, however, you've got to factor in your level of competition. That's why Im a bit dubious about the Tour95. I have absolutely no problem in using a so-called 'tweener' as, if being realistic, Im not as young and fast as I used to be and age dictates you ask for a little extra help. Hitting the big serve or big groundstroke isn't a problem, that's just technique. The trouble is getting to the next shot. So a bit of extra power (up to me to control it) just makes up for the loss of a step or two. Im not ready for a Weed or 125sq super oversize just yet LOL but against top level opposition on hard courts a 90sq isn't quite enough. At least not for my style of game.

Good suggestion though as I do think the i-Prestige is a lot better than the LM version.

BreakPoint
05-02-2005, 10:08 AM
Looking for a bit of input within certain parameters.

1) The racquet is for a 'pure' serve-volley player who lives and dies by ability to serve big and get in to the net

2) It is for a player who competes on medium fast hardcourts so faces a lot of baseline basher types with heavy topspin and one speed only

3) The racquet needs to be manouverable at net

4) The racquet needs to have good power for serves. Ideal would be good, controllable power.

5) Racquet needs to be very spin-friendly for serves and approach shots

6) Racquet needs to be sub $120 US. (ah, there's the catch)

7) Choice of racquet can be either midplus or oversize but not under 93sq over 107sq.

7b) Racquet must be standard length -27inches

7c) A reason for your choice would also be great.

One that had sprung to mind was the TT Warrior (midplus and over) but after that Im stumped.

AndrewD,
You have described the PS 6.0 95 to a T. If someone asked me to describe the PS 6.0 95 in 7 bullet points, I'd write exactly what you wrote above. If the above parameters are what you are REALLY looking for, it would be a sin not to at least try the PS 6.0 95. The thing is built for serve and volley.

kreative
05-02-2005, 10:25 AM
tt warrior, ps6.0 95, hps 6.1, volkl tour 10 mp, dunlop 300g w/ lead

louis netman
05-02-2005, 10:38 AM
I'd add the Precision Response Ti to take the place of the Warrior...
The T10 MP and 300g with lead may be the only arm friendly ones of the bunch, if that's a consideration...

BHud
05-02-2005, 02:56 PM
...a used Wilson nCode 6.1 95

AndrewD
05-02-2005, 04:00 PM
BP,
thanks. Unfortunately I have no way of testing the PS 6.0 95. They just don't sell them out here in Australia.

Same goes, but for different reasons, for the Precision Response Ti and used used Wilson nCode 6.1 95. Pretty well non existent here in Australia and if they come up for sale they aren't cheap. The HPS 6.1 Im surprised to see mentioned. I had a hit with one a while back and found it had good control but a dead response.

FiveO
05-02-2005, 04:10 PM
AndrewD,

I tried to e-mail you. If you were interested in the Precision Response Ti, factory 4 1/2 let me know. I have six. I don't know how, but maybe we could make it work.

thejackal
05-02-2005, 04:25 PM
Andrew, if you liked the HPS 6.1 then the 6.0 95 is pretty much a no-brainer. I have both a HPS 6.1 and 6.0 95 and like both for different purposes. The 6.0 is pretty much perfect IMO and the 6.1, while good as well, tends to have "power surges" where it goes long for no reason.

AndrewD
05-02-2005, 04:37 PM
FiveO,

thanks very much for the offer. I'll let it slide for the simple reason that the racquet Im going to use now will most likely be just a stop gap measure. Apparently, due to the work Im doing with the junior players, there could be some form of 'assistance' offered in the near future. Not sure from who but guess it depends on which of the coaches does the offering. So, that'd be the usual suspects -Wilson, Prince, Head or Babolat.

thejackal,
I actually didn't like the Hps at all. Really felt dead to me and just couldn't access those 'power surges' you mentioned. If the PS 6.0 95 plays like that then I don't think it would suit me at all .

thejackal
05-02-2005, 04:57 PM
It must have been the strings. What was the deom strung with?

Craig Sheppard
05-02-2005, 06:25 PM
Andrew, don't know if you're interested, but I have a Slazenger Pro X1 in L3 I could sell you, it's very lightly used with only some scuffs on the bumper. Asking only $85 US + shipping. US Postal Service estimated about $16 shipping, maybe you'd know better if that's accurate or not. You can email me at craig <at> cksweb.com if you'd like. There's also a Pro X1 on sale at a popular auction site for $99 US brand new. TW might even price match for you.

I just mention it because I've used the Pro Staff 6.0 95 and the Slazenger Pro X1, and they're both excellent for S&V or mostly doubles use. They both hit the best volleys and slices of any racquets, IMO. I love the 6.0 95, but I got my X1s because I felt they'd be more available (6.0 95 being discontinued). Up to you, just throwing it out there for you. I mostly play singles and felt the Fischer Pro 1 was more comfortable for me and better suited to a more all-court type game.

volleyman
05-02-2005, 07:13 PM
Where on earth are you finding these X-1s at? I've never seen an X-1 at that price. I've seen Tour 95s for that price but never an X-1.

Note that in my post I said those prices were for used X-1s. Keep an eye on the TW For Sale board and ****.

aj_m2009
05-02-2005, 07:15 PM
Note that in my post I said those prices were for used X-1s. Keep an eye on the TW For Sale board and ****.

I know they're used, and I might keep an eye out for one just in case. Thanks.

monologuist
05-02-2005, 08:05 PM
Pro Kennex Laver Type S would fit your requirements to a T.....I'd add a little lead to the handle to make it about 8 pts headlight....maybe even a tiny amount to the head. Either way, it rules as a S&V stick ( I use the SX actually). I got mine for 100$ from TW on a price match from a competing site.

A little heavier and only available used would be PRince PRecision REsponse Ti. THey pop up quite a bit though for 50$ and under. A little too high swingweight for my taste though.

TT WArrior MP is good with some lead, but not as good as the OS...but it is standard length, so maybe worth a try. I've got one that's in mint condition if you're interested.

Yonex Ti-80 would be good with a little lead....

howelin@aol.co

bee
05-02-2005, 08:37 PM
Lots of good advice here. I really like the PS 95 with considerable lead added to handle, throat and head. It's a bit low-powered without the lead added. With the added lead, it's nice for serve and volley. But, IMO, it's kinda' wimpy without the lead. Many agree with that here, some don't. Also, nice for swing volley. Finished my match off today with a serve out wide to the add court and a forehand swing volley. Yippee!

AndrewD
05-03-2005, 02:24 AM
thejackal,
it wasn't a demo. Had a hit with one a coach at our club used before he shifted down to the Tour90. Just felt very boardy and lifeless. Also the balance didn't feel good for pure serve-volley play, more of a backcourt or all-court stick.

However, I would be interested if that isn't a real indication of how the racquet plays, especially in the power department.

Craig, thanks very much but I'll take a pass on that one. Ive used USPS before and always go for the tracking option which is $33US (same through TW). So it just creeps up a bit much.

Unfortunately, the PS 95 is outside of the price range Im looking at. I'll keep it in mind but, like the Tour95 and HPS 6.1 I can't say Im encouraged by the reviews (yes, they are just guides but helpful nonetheless).

aj_m2009
05-03-2005, 02:27 AM
...Unfortunately, the PS 95 is outside of the price range Im looking at...

Isn't your price range $120 and below? :confused:

AndrewD
05-03-2005, 02:52 AM
It is aj, but Im going on the TW prices and they've got it listed at 130. The Tour95 is lower priced so within my range but the PS 6.0 95 just falls outside of it.

aj_m2009
05-03-2005, 02:55 AM
Ok, sorry, I thought you meant the Tour.

foucapol
05-03-2005, 08:33 AM
Try the Fischer Pro No. 1 or VT Pro 98. They are very maneuverable and spin-friendly with a considerable potential for powerful serves.

lude popper
05-03-2005, 02:31 PM
gamma diamond fiber 9.5. best volley stick ever

aj_m2009
05-03-2005, 08:45 PM
Ok, I just got back from playing with my new PS Tour 95, here is what I thought:

Groundstrokes: I really liked hitting groundstrokes with this racquet. It had lots of spin, pretty good accuracy, and it was easy to swing pretty fast. IMO this was a really good racquet to hit GS with and I would give it an 8 out of 10 with 10 being the best.

Volleys: Volleys were really good. I hit a good volley just about everytime I came to net. The racquet was very maneuverable, I was able to get it to just about every volley. This was probably one of the best racquets I have found to volley with, I would give it a 9 out of 10.

Serves: This was an okay racquet to serve with, I myself didn't have a ton of success with the serve, but I have been struggling a bit with the serve anyway. This is a good racquet to hit spin serves with, and an okay racquet to hit flat serves with. I would give this racquet a 6.5 out of 10, serving was definitely not one of it's strong points.

Serve Returns: Serve returns were pretty good with the PS Tour 95. With the racquet being very maneuverable I was able to whip the racquet around pretty quick and get the return in and place the ball pretty well. I could slice back the return and get good depth or I could take a pretty good swing at it and place it well. I would give it an 8 out of 10 also.

I would say this is a really good racquet, probably the second best I've played with behind the RDX500 MP. It's strong points IMO are Volleys, Groundstrokes, and Serve Returns. The Serve could stand to be better but still, not a terrible serve racquet. I would say this could be a good racquet for any type of playing style, whether it is S&Ver, Baseline basher lol, or Junk baller. So all together I would give this racquet an 8 out of 10.

--------------------------------------------

I hope this helps you Andrew, and anyone else looking at this racquet. Good luck in your decision.

AJ

Oh and BTW, I didn't have any arm problems whatsoever and this is with playing close to 2 1/2 hours, so that shouldn't be any problem.

aj_m2009
05-03-2005, 08:47 PM
BTW, if you or anyone else have any more questions regarding the PS Tour 95 feel free to ask.

Coda
05-03-2005, 09:10 PM
Craig, any comparisons between your pro 1, the x1 and the 6.0 95 would be appreciated, thanks

NaRa
05-03-2005, 09:13 PM
tour 95 or 6.0 85 are some good choices, then again they may not be the BEST for what your looking for.

GregOz
05-04-2005, 02:46 AM
Andrew, I don't know if you should be looking for any more power on your serve. There's a few of us at the club still nursing sore arms and bruised egos after last Sunday's efforts. As for the juniors I reckon you'll traumatise a few of them if you crank it up any more, ha ha.

I told you after a few months playing it'd all just click for you, pretty normal after so long out of the game. Just needed to re-locate your natural stance and delivery then Bob's your uncle. Good for you, not so good for us, ha ha.

Take some caution with your wrist problems though. You're getting no pain with the Prestige mid so as you move up you might want to see whats available in the Head range.

Just dont go buying anything expensive at the moment as with you helping out the juniors and the wheelchair tennis we might be able to do something for you.

Greg - see you on Sunday, please to be bringing a wood racquet this week ha, ha

Craig Sheppard
05-04-2005, 06:16 AM
Craig, any comparisons between your pro 1, the x1 and the 6.0 95 would be appreciated, thanks

Coda, there are some thoughts between me & BreakPoint here:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=48072

In brief: Pro 1 is the most comfortable of the three and easiest swinging. The X1 is the stiffest, although not harsh b/c of all the dampening in it. X1 also gets the biggest spin. 6.0 has a raw, old-school feel, is flexier than the X1 but not as flexible as the Pro 1, and is quite head light. X1 has more power than the 6.0, probably most of the 3. X1 and Pro 1 are very "quiet" racquets--not much signal to noise ratio is very high. 6.0 is not as dampened so you get lots of feedback. Pro 1 is best "all court" frame, doing baseline really well and volleys good, but lacks a little on slices IMO. X1 is great for dubs & S&V--a little too much spin for me in the back court. Couldn't drill flat shots as well. 6.0 is a little better from the baseline, a little easier to flatten it out.

If you play mostly back and foray into the net from time to time, and want a comfortable racquet, Pro 1 is it. If you like S&V, dubs, or come in all the time and like a newer, dampened, stiffer feel, the X1 is your thing. If you want old school feel, a little stiff but not too, good all-court play with emphasis on S&V, 6.0 will suit.

Coda
05-04-2005, 07:58 AM
thanks craig, you put it in persepctive for me. I've been playing with the X1 for a month now. I used the 6.0 95 about a year and a half ago and was just reconsidering my options...probably migrate back to the 6.0 95.

AndrewD
05-04-2005, 07:06 PM
Thanks very much Greg and I'll try to put the brakes on this weekend but sorry I wont be swinging a wood racquet LOL.

Actually I did feel a bit of a twinge this morning after hitting with a POG OS. Obviously not the racquet per se and can't be the weight as my Prestige is heavier but there is something that irritates. Could be the larger headsize at that weight or could just be the larger headsize. Yes, it could also be the grip shape. By that I mean, my wrist in combination with my technique is irritated by that grip shape, not that the grip shape causes problems by itself.

I was inclined to think that Prince should feel better as it is less elongated but it could be allowing my wrist to roll whereas the Head grip shape (which I find harder to move to semi-western backhand) sort of locks my wrist. Yonex and volkl genuinely do make things worse. Apparently structurally sound but slightly irregular. Have no idea about Wilson or Slazenger, although Dunlop is fine.

I'll have a look at the Head range but, in all honesty, I dont think the Flexpoint is that special and the LM range is limited - i-Rad's were better I think.

MChong
05-04-2005, 08:19 PM
I have also tried the PS Tour 95; stock, I found it a little bit, too light, so I added lead to the head at 10 and 2 as well as in the handle to make it 344g just like my Diablos. Now, I find it really good for serving as well as volleying. A solid stick for a low price, too!

AndrewD
05-05-2005, 12:10 AM
Gave it a try in both stock form and weighted up and Im not really sure that its going to cut the mustard. Power was fine but didn't feel very stable - in stock form. Leaded up there was almost too much power, better stability but the manoeuvrability just wasn't there. Nice flex, very comfortable, but probably could have done with something a bit stiffer. If I was playing on dirt courts it would be a good option but otherwise its a little too much like the volkl t10 gII that was nice all-around but not enough punch.

I can, however, see how this would be a great frame for a younger player and Im surprised more didn't take it up. aj_m2009, I think you've made a wise choice in the Tour 95. Definately give you a good playing racquet but one that wont be too firm for someone of your age.

So, all up Im not really sure about this one. The softer flex is great when feeding balls to players although I dont think it has the control Im really looking for. Tough decision when you have to balance out power and control so I'll put it to one side for a moment.

Also hit with the Flexpoint, i-Radical mp, TT Rebel and nCode Tour90 today so got a really good chance to see what's what.

aj_m2009
05-05-2005, 03:05 AM
Sorry you didn't like the Tour 95. If I remember right the RDX500 MP was pretty good on volleys and serves, you might want to give it a try if you can. I know you can find some used ones for about $90 on www.tennis4all.com.

AndrewD
05-05-2005, 03:58 AM
aj_m2009,

no, I did very much like the Tour95 (found it much better than the nCodes, especially the appalling nCode Tour90) but it just didn't suit me in terms of my style of play and my particular needs. As I said, if I was playing on dirt courts (which I grew up on in my hometown of Melbourne) I would more than happily use the Tour95. However, on the medium-fast to fast hardcourts I play on now I just thought there might be a better option. Still, I'll be recommending it to people back home who will really appreciate the greater flex and softer feel.

I think Prince might be the way ahead for me. They've said a few things about helping myself and the 'wheelies' I assist so that will cut my choices dramatically (thankfully lol).

Have just posted up a new question regarding two of the Prince frames but thanks to yourself and everyone who has offered advice.

mctennis
05-05-2005, 03:33 PM
Volkl C10 Pro Tour.