PDA

View Full Version : player endorsements for racquets???

PINENUT
02-23-2010, 02:31 AM
anybody have a clue how much companies like wilson/prince/head/etc pay players to use their racquets?

i'm looking for confirmed figures. i can easily guestimate hundreds of thousands of dollars...but it i'd be making that up.

tennismsands
02-23-2010, 02:53 PM
i can tell you one thing. A lot :)

LeeD
02-23-2010, 03:06 PM
I think you should try to limit to one company, particular player, time of his/er career.......
Blanket #;'s mean little here, it's up to specific cases.

insiderman
02-24-2010, 03:09 AM
I can tell you, it is no where near what most of you are thinking - the days of big $$$ deals are for the most part, over. Players outside the top #50 are happy to get only product and perhaps a performance bonus possibility.

gunnd5000
02-28-2010, 08:00 AM
davydenko = nothing
federer = 7 figuers

varies hugely although
federer is wilsons highest payed
roddick is babolats
and i dont know about head but you can guess it will be novak or muzza

some players like moya have life time contracts

DownTheLine
02-28-2010, 08:07 AM
davydenko = nothing
federer = 7 figuers

varies hugely although
federer is wilsons highest payed
roddick is babolats
and i dont know about head but you can guess it will be novak or muzza

Federer has a lifetime contract with Wilson also. I find it surprising that Nadal isn't Babolats seeing that tennis is alot bigger out of the US.

I have wondered for awhile now. Why doesn't Davydenko have a contract with prince?

Kick Serve 14
02-28-2010, 08:21 AM
Federer has a lifetime contract with Wilson also. I find it surprising that Nadal isn't Babolats seeing that tennis is alot bigger out of the US.

I have wondered for awhile now. Why doesn't Davydenko have a contract with prince?

Davydenko isn't? I thought he had the stencil on his strings again. As for Roddick, I find that info a little suspect, seeing as rafa is more popular, but at the same time, soccer is more popular than tennis in Spain. (Coming from the spanish teacher from Spain at my high school)

OliverSimon
02-28-2010, 08:33 AM
Davydenko isn't? I thought he had the stencil on his strings again. As for Roddick, I find that info a little suspect, seeing as rafa is more popular, but at the same time, soccer is more popular than tennis in Spain. (Coming from the spanish teacher from Spain at my high school)

Davydenko did not have a stencil on his racquet in Dubai.

Greek Goliath
02-28-2010, 08:37 AM
I think Davydenko is sponsored by Prince for grand slams, and not for most other tournaments (year end Masters being an exception, I believe). Can anyone confirm?

Cheers,

Greek Goliath

mary fierce
02-28-2010, 02:18 PM
Perhaps Davydenko's stock dropped now that he has a reputation for throwing matches.

JW10S
02-28-2010, 03:55 PM
Only 3 players have lifetime racquet contracts: Federer (Wilson), Sharapova (Prince), and Agassi (HEAD).

OliverSimon
02-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Only 3 players have lifetime racquet contracts: Federer (Wilson), Sharapova (Prince), and Agassi (HEAD).

Nonetheless Pros still usually stay to the same brand or stick during their careers.

rossi46
02-28-2010, 05:40 PM
Spoke to a stringer in Australia who strung his Djokovic's racquets at the Brisbane International 2009 and he was talking 2,000,000 Euro a year from Head