PDA

View Full Version : Another poser.....

Rabbit
02-24-2010, 08:18 AM
There have been some great threads in here lately.

I have a question and hope another old fart will remember. There used to be a grip, for some reason the name Supreme Grip sticks with me. It was black in color, very thin, and felt sort of rough sandpaper-ish to the touch. But, the wetter it got, the better it felt. It was absolutely the best grip I've ever used playing in heat/humidity as you didn't have to towel off.

Does anyone remember it? I figured they went out of business because after you bought one, you never needed another one.

coachrick
02-24-2010, 09:34 AM
There have been some great threads in here lately.

I have a question and hope another old fart will remember. There used to be a grip, for some reason the name Supreme Grip sticks with me. It was black in color, very thin, and felt sort of rough sandpaper-ish to the touch. But, the wetter it got, the better it felt. It was absolutely the best grip I've ever used playing in heat/humidity as you didn't have to towel off.

Does anyone remember it? I figured they went out of business because after you bought one, you never needed another one.

Yep, I'll go with Supreme Grip. Practically no cushion, no stretch when you wrapped it, felt lousy when dry(like standard Tourna Grip when it's cold/dry). Came in a small cardboard box, IIRC. Seems like it degraded pretty quickly if you let your hand hang off the bottom of the handle--like I did.

Rabbit
02-24-2010, 09:45 AM
Thanks....I guess they don't make it any more....

teachingprotx
02-24-2010, 07:41 PM
yeah man.........i remember that grip as well, my teaching pro in KY used it and they sold it at my club back in the 80's ...he swore by it and of course turned me onto it and i abso loved it...plus it never ever wore out....like above noted....i used it for one season indoors and next season it was gone POOF>>>>....i would love to find that grip again...it was like tourna grip meets gamma grip 2 all rolled into one..