PDA

View Full Version : To Members in Hong Kong - Asian Ncode 90

Dennis Chan
05-02-2005, 09:45 AM
Where can I buy an Asian Ncode 90 in 4 1/2 grip? Thanks in advance.

montx
05-03-2005, 12:34 AM
Not entirely sure, but you could look up the wilson webpage and for the dealers in Hong Kong. That might be a good start! Good luck!

chrismartin
05-03-2005, 06:07 AM
There is one for sale on **** here,

http://cgi.[blank].co.uk/ws/****ISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=66831&item=7153273449&rd=1&ssPageName=WD2V

replace [blank] with ****

don't know if it's authentic but they have 100% positive feedback! Was thinking about purchasing it myself but i don't know if it's worth the risk! Looks legit though! He told me it would be US$350 for two including shipping to the uk!

phat
05-03-2005, 08:46 AM
I am from HK and there's a tennis shop in Causewaybay called Wah Sun. It's close to Sogo. If you are still not sure, you can ask me via email.

brian.sat
05-03-2005, 03:39 PM
Wilson in Hongkong did not import 4-1/2 on any model.

milo
04-27-2006, 06:01 AM
did any of you happen to know where to find a lm prestige mid in hongkong. and what is the price for this one??

HotShotEd
04-27-2006, 06:26 AM
did any of you happen to know where to find a lm prestige mid in hongkong. and what is the price for this one??

GigaSports (a large retail chain in Hong Kong) was selling it for HKD$1000 (HKD$950 with a VIP card) but dunno if they're still available. I found that place to be the cheapest for this racket, believe it or not.

HotShotEd
04-27-2006, 06:28 AM
I am from HK and there's a tennis shop in Causewaybay called Wah Sun. It's close to Sogo. If you are still not sure, you can ask me via email.

Wah Sang is famous for extremely poor customer service. The boss there, Michael, has attitude problem. I'd recommend Master Gear in Causeway Bay.

milo
04-27-2006, 11:12 AM
GigaSports (a large retail chain in Hong Kong) was selling it for HKD$1000 (HKD$950 with a VIP card) but dunno if they're still available. I found that place to be the cheapest for this racket, believe it or not.

could you tell me the exact location since i don't live there and i wanted ask my friend who will go there next month to but it for me.

milo
04-27-2006, 11:24 AM
and btw could you check the availibilty and the latest offer for me, i'd be glad if you'd do that. thx very much

Master Trader
04-27-2006, 12:17 PM
What's the difference between the asian version Ncode 90 and the one available in North American?

BreakPoint
04-27-2006, 01:07 PM
What's the difference between the asian version Ncode 90 and the one available in North American?

Asian nCode 90:
11.3 oz. (320g), unstrung
9 pts. HL, unstrung
SW = 323 strung

U.S. nCode 90:
12.0 oz. (340g), unstrung
12 pts. HL, unstrung
SW = 330 strung

Say Chi Sin Lo
04-27-2006, 02:27 PM
Is there a store or franchise in Hong Kong that specializes in tennis? Because the last time i went to visit my sister, and i looked at a few places, i think it was Mon Kwok (sorry if i said it wrong, i can say it in chinese, just cant translate it into english pronounciation). And the stores werent very specialized or organized for tennis.

HotShotEd
04-27-2006, 03:11 PM
Is there a store or franchise in Hong Kong that specializes in tennis? Because the last time i went to visit my sister, and i looked at a few places, i think it was Mon Kwok (sorry if i said it wrong, i can say it in chinese, just cant translate it into english pronounciation). And the stores werent very specialized or organized for tennis.

Yes, definitely. You must had went to those Wan Kee / New Youth stores where they sell mostly running shoes.
On the Kowloon side, you should visit Master Racquet Service (MRS) in Mongkok which is located near the corner of Nathan Road and Argyle Street, next to Esprit on the 1st floor. Pricing is competitive and this is a tennis only pro shop, so they know the game too.

On the Hong Kong side, I'd suggest visiting Master Gear in Causeway Bay, where I usually patronize, it's situated on the 13th floor of a commercial building called Richmond Plaza on Jaffe Road, near Percival Street, across from Wellcome Supermarket. Owners are really nice and helpful. This is also a tennis only pro shop (although they sell a small selection of badminton rackets but they don't know badminton well).

I'd blacklist Wah Sang in Causeway Bay because the owner gives you attitude if you go in, ask for price, and walk out without purchase ... he'd even swear at you as you turn away when you're about to walk out of his store. EXTREMELY poor service. Remember this is a ground floor shop with tons of racket hanging in mid air inside the store. BEWARE!

HotShotEd
04-27-2006, 03:13 PM
and btw could you check the availibilty and the latest offer for me, i'd be glad if you'd do that. thx very much

Will do that and will let you know if I come across a big clearance sale for LM Prestige Mid, coz I want to get one also.
Do you know how this stick plays compare to the Ncode 90? I'm currently using the Ncode 90 Asian version.

altis
04-27-2006, 08:45 PM
HotShotEd, have you been to this shop:

Racketshop
102A, 1/F, Fa Yuen Street,
Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong.

SpinMeister
04-27-2006, 09:11 PM
anyone know if I can find some in Canada? :)

HotShotEd
04-27-2006, 10:48 PM
HotShotEd, have you been to this shop:

Racketshop
102A, 1/F, Fa Yuen Street,
Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong.

Yes, it's called "Lung Tun" in chinese. Their website is w w w . r a c k e t s h o p. c o m . h k
However the site is outdated.
Their price is relatively more expensive and not as professional (in terms of tennis know-how) compare to the other pro shops I mentioned. Although they talk as if they know everything but they really don't.
But for badminton, this is the place to go coz the owner used to play for Hong Kong's national badminton team.

HotShotEd
04-27-2006, 10:49 PM
anyone know if I can find some in Canada? :)

Where in Canada? In Toronto, I know there's a pro shop in L'amoureaux Tennis Centre in Scarborough.

Xanataos
04-28-2006, 12:44 AM
Yes, definitely. You must had went to those Wan Kee / New Youth stores where they sell mostly running shoes.
On the Kowloon side, you should visit Master Racquet Service (MRS) in Mongkok which is located near the corner of Nathan Road and Argyle Street, next to Esprit on the 1st floor. Pricing is competitive and this is a tennis only pro shop, so they know the game too.

MRS is certainly a great store. It is hard to locate though, so you have to look around zillions of directories hanging from the the building and you should see a racket hanging down from one of them.

Roy
04-28-2006, 01:13 AM
To HotShotEd,

Just wondering what strings & tension you use in your ncode 90.

You are certainly well intact with tennis in HK ! I live in HK too.

HotShotEd
04-28-2006, 06:13 AM
To HotShotEd,

Just wondering what strings & tension you use in your ncode 90.

You are certainly well intact with tennis in HK ! I live in HK too.

Hi Roy,

I use Luxilon Alu Power Rough 16L for crosses at 54lbs (same string but different tension setup as Federer) and Technifibre X-One Biphase 17g for Mains at 52lbs (I was gonna use Natural gut but can't afford it!) This combination makes the stringbed softer on a relatively stiff racket like the Ncode90.
What racket and string do you use?

milo
04-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Will do that and will let you know if I come across a big clearance sale for LM Prestige Mid, coz I want to get one also.
Do you know how this stick plays compare to the Ncode 90? I'm currently using the Ncode 90 Asian version.

i currently hit with ncode 90 asian version too. i've strung it with psgd at 60lbs. i haven't tried the mid (there's none in my country) but i have tried the mp version. i think it still lacks of control. but it is a great racquet.

BreakPoint
04-28-2006, 01:35 PM
i currently hit with ncode 90 asian version too. i've strung it with psgd at 60lbs. i haven't tried the mid (there's none in my country) but i have tried the mp version. i think it still lacks of control. but it is a great racquet.

Huh? I'm confused. You say that you currently play with the nCode 90 but that you haven't tried the mid? The nCode 90 is the mid.

Roy
04-28-2006, 10:16 PM
Hi HotShotEd,

Seems like you are looking for the Federer set up. The problem for me with multifilament strings is that they fray on my 3rd hour.

I've recently changed from the Flexpoint Tour to Ncode 90 and Ncode 95 (16 x 18) as my main rackets. For the Flexpoint Tour, I played incredible ground strokes but for some reason I was just not able to serve well with it. When my tennis elbow bugs me, I go to my 03.

Strings used:

Ncode 90 alu power rough strung at 57 but I don't really like how it plays especially when freshly strung. Feels too "boardy". Will try something else.

Ncode 95 - Timo 18 mains and Prince topspin crosses both at 57. Tried Timo 18 with SPPP recently, didn't work. Also with Bab leather grip. I should have gone to leather earlier !!!!

03 - Technifibre Polyspin and PSGD at 62 pounds, 'cos it's such a soft racket.

Have a nice day everyone ! :)

Cheers !

Say Chi Sin Lo
04-28-2006, 10:39 PM
Hi HotShotEd,

Seems like you are looking for the Federer set up. The problem for me with multifilament strings is that they fray on my 3rd hour.

I've recently changed from the Flexpoint Tour to Ncode 90 and Ncode 95 (16 x 18) as my main rackets. For the Flexpoint Tour, I played incredible ground strokes but for some reason I was just not able to serve well with it. When my tennis elbow bugs me, I go to my 03.

Strings used:

Ncode 90 alu power rough strung at 57 but I don't really like how it plays especially when freshly strung. Feels too "boardy". Will try something else.

Ncode 95 - Timo 18 mains and Prince topspin crosses both at 57. Tried Timo 18 with SPPP recently, didn't work. Also with Bab leather grip. I should have gone to leather earlier !!!!

03 - Technifibre Polyspin and PSGD at 62 pounds, 'cos it's such a soft racket.

Have a nice day everyone ! :)

Cheers !

You live in Hong Kong? Hey want to play the next time i go there? I visit my sisters every once in a while. Heh, i guess you know what my screen name means right?

milo
04-29-2006, 08:40 AM
Huh? I'm confused. You say that you currently play with the nCode 90 but that you haven't tried the mid? The nCode 90 is the mid.

sorry for the confusion, what i mean is that i never hit with lm prestige mid. but i've tried the lm prestige midplus.

milo
04-30-2006, 08:24 AM

are there any news?? have you come across lm prestige mid in hk??thx...

Roy
04-30-2006, 10:19 AM
To SayChiSinLo,

Sure, drop me an email the next time you come over to HK. But we must play at night when it's summer 'cos it's boiling hot. I'm a decent player, won't disappoint you.

Certainly know what your screen name means. I laughed the first time I saw it. :D

Say Chi Sin Lo
04-30-2006, 12:42 PM
Cool, i wont be over in the summer, but i'll most likely be there around Christmas. I'll definitely drop you an email. I'm going to need your email.

Roy
05-01-2006, 12:47 AM
To Saychisinlo,

Pls. check my user profile dude. I check my email quite often.

What racket (& strings) do you play with ?

Just bought the Bab All Courts the other day. The cushioning is crap. I've added padding to the heel. But they do look fantastic !

Have a nice day !

:cool:

altis
05-01-2006, 02:30 AM
Just bought the Bab All Courts the other day. The cushioning is crap. I've added padding to the heel. But they do look fantastic !

May I know how much it costs in Hong Kong?

Does anyone know where can I get Volkl DNX rackets in Hong Kong?

Say Chi Sin Lo
05-01-2006, 11:47 AM
To Saychisinlo,

Pls. check my user profile dude. I check my email quite often.

What racket (& strings) do you play with ?

Have a nice day !

:cool:

yo man, i cant access your email address, it says you dont want to receive any emails... anyways, here's mine

saychisinlo@yahoo.com

just email me, i too check my email frequently. I play with PC600 with RIP Control

Dennis Chan
05-01-2006, 01:46 PM
I play with PC600 with RIP Control

So the Response Ti is just sitting in the closet? ;)

Say Chi Sin Lo
05-01-2006, 03:41 PM
So the Response Ti is just sitting in the closet? ;)

Yeah more or less. As i have mentioned in other threads, i've been using I.prestige Mid for the past 5years. I've grown accustomed to the dense pattern, thin beam, and all the characteristic that makes a Prestige Mid... a Prestige Mid. The only thing i didnt like about the Iprestige was its stiffness. That why i thought about going back to PRTi, again i will mention it again, it's one of my all time favorite racquet.

But i just couldnt stand the open pattern, and its thick beam. And i remember hitting with the PC600 way back, and i liked its flex. Sorry Dennis, i've become a Prestige user. PRTi is still a good racquet, just not for me anymore.

coolblue123
05-01-2006, 04:06 PM
Hi Roy:

I go to HK once every 4 to 6 monthes. Where'e there to play in HK? And how much is it? It must be very expensive, since there's no space to play at...

Roy
05-01-2006, 10:09 PM
To Saychisinlo,

I've emailed you. Pls. check.

To coolblue123,

In fact tennis courts are quite abundant in HK in most suburbs. It costs around US$6-7 per hour during daytime and around US$8 per hour at night.

To Altis,

Volkl DNX rackets are available at MRS - Master Racket Services. Someone has posted details of MRS earlier in this thread.

I got my Bab All courts (the black, white and red ones) "on special" for around US$75 at MRS. It usually costs around US$100 I think. But sizes are running out, had to wait for weeks for mine. Also, I think they are very uncomfy !! I was expecting a lot more from them. The yellow and grey ones costs are around US$88 "on special", but again they may not have complete sizes.

Good day !

altis
05-02-2006, 10:16 AM
Roy, thanks for the info!

coolblue123
05-03-2006, 07:23 PM
To Saychisinlo,

I've emailed you. Pls. check.

To coolblue123,

In fact tennis courts are quite abundant in HK in most suburbs. It costs around US$6-7 per hour during daytime and around US$8 per hour at night.

To Altis,

Volkl DNX rackets are available at MRS - Master Racket Services. Someone has posted details of MRS earlier in this thread.

I got my Bab All courts (the black, white and red ones) "on special" for around US$75 at MRS. It usually costs around US$100 I think. But sizes are running out, had to wait for weeks for mine. Also, I think they are very uncomfy !! I was expecting a lot more from them. The yellow and grey ones costs are around US$88 "on special", but again they may not have complete sizes.

Good day !

wow... that's not bad! Is this the regular price everywhere or is this like in rural places like in the New Terroritories?

Roy
05-03-2006, 09:45 PM
Those are the approximate prices of public courts everywhere.

Cheers,
Have a nice day !